I know they lost, but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I know they lost, but...

they did outshoot the Ducks 36-18 in the second and third periods.

Shouldn't there be thread after thread about how they won two of the three periods?  Where are the posts about how they can't continue to lose when outshooting the opponent 2-1 for two periods?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: I know they lost, but...

In Response to I know they lost, but...:
    [QUOTE]they did outshoot the Ducks 36-18 in the second and third periods. Shouldn't there be thread after thread about how they won two of the three periods?  Where are the posts about how they can't continue to lose when outshooting the opponent 2-1 for two periods?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Also -- Hiller made some great saves in the 3rd. Way better than Thomas tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yep! NAS you're absolutely right. They actually put a decent 45 min effort in tonite. However, was it the Ducks D, or the B's not putting their nose to the grindstone to get those 2nd & 3rd shots that can beat a hot goalie? Oh yea, TT wasn't his best tonite either. He had probably his worst game of the season tonite. Matter of fact he owes Bergy a steak dinner for saving his GAA & SP a bit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number4forever. Show Number4forever's posts

[QUOTE]they did outshoot the Ducks 36-18 in the second and third periods. Shouldn't there be thread after thread about how they won two of the three periods?  Where are the posts about how they can't continue to lose when outshooting the opponent 2-1 for two periods?

Fact is....there is still a problem with this team that needs to be fixed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Wouldn't your time be better spent, providing your own insights, and personal opinions, rather than trying to tell the rest of us what we should be posting?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: I know they lost, but...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I know they lost, but... : Wouldn't your time be better spent, providing your own insights, and personal opinions, rather than trying to tell the rest of us what we should be posting?
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was joking and you missed it .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzel. Show MDsizzel's posts

Yay we had more shots on net!!!

Another moral victory for the Bruins!!!!

yay go Bruins go!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Proof, once again, that as a stat, shots is almost as meaningless as plus/minus.  Take all the shots you want, boys, just one at a time, and make sure Jo-jo's ready before you shoot.  Also, stay to the outside and try not to block his line of sight.

They didn't win a period.  They took more shots.  Pretty sure to win in hockey means scoring more goals.  It's a lot closer to the truth to say you can't get enough, you're gonna have to face it....

Sorry.  Robert Palmer interlude.

Closer to the truth to say you won't lose a lot of games if you outscore the opposition for two of three periods.  In effect, that means you're up two goals with one period to play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

Most of their shots were 30 feet away, from the far boards, with Hiller looking straight at them.

That's another system issue this team has. They have a very bad strategy of getting the puck out of their own zone.  And when they actually do, they treat the middle of the neutral zone like a bottomless pit and hug the boards for dear life.  And that carries into the offensive zone.  They throw it along the boards and flip it around, back and forth and muck along the boards and 99.99% of the time, end up losing possesion without getting anything close to a quality scoring chance

How many times do you see the Bruins get entry into the offensive zone, that's actually between the dots?  It happens, but it's far too rare.  They need a new system.  These players have the skill to flourish, but this coach's system has clipped their you-know-whats

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

maybe the thing that should really be looked at and i dont know the official stat on it, how come the b,s play a different game after the 1st goal is scored? it seems to me that if the b,s score 1st they win and vice versa....honestly what is up with that? how many of you think if they scored 1st last night that the b,s would of won that game easily?......the mental fragility of this team is down right scarey

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

they need to get the ugly goals and they dont do what they need to do in order for that to happen, far too often they are at the side of the net not in front where they need to be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The shots on goal stat is misleading... it includes the weak ones (heck, my 4 year old can put the puck on the net!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LarryPlayfair2. Show LarryPlayfair2's posts

Seriously..so many problems with this team right now...For starters no one wants to take the body on the forecheck, with the exception of Recchi...the oldest and one of the smallest on the team.   Lucic has decided he wants to be a perimeter stickhander and sniper... no joke he hasn't bodychecked anyone SINCE THE DAMN BUFFALO GAME when he got called for boarding.   I seriously don't think the B's offense has penetrated the slot with the puck at any single point in the last two games.  Too much cutesy dangling and bad attempts at ridiculous highlight reel passes by guys who shouldn't be even trying it.  Hockey 101 - when offense is slow going, play for the ugly goal, not the tick-tack-toe one-timer.

And FOR CHRISSAKES BOYCHUK - LEARN HOW TO TAKE A WRIST SHOT.  You may actually get on through the shot blockers, and **GASP** ON GOAL once in  a while.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This is the "off" game that I think we should expect.  You have to admit that the Ducks goals were on the weird side.

This particular loss I forgive, not like the other losses.

Why didn't they try to pull the goalie?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Who cares??? How do you get shut out by Carolina and Anaheim at home? Am I forgetting anyone? Anaheim basically had thre good chances and the scored on all of them. The Bruins had about 10-12 great chances and they never hit the net with a shot. They either pass to nobody or shoot 10 feet wide. They are losers. Anaheim has legit players...Getzlaf...Selanne..give them one chance and its in the net. Oh and the Bruins should have drafted Cam Fowler. Seguin is just an extra mediocre forward right now that we have plenty off. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Thought the B's played a fair "road game" last nite, and I don't understand the strategy.  Boring and reasonably well executed.  The ducks didn't have many great scoring chances, and basically buried every one.  For a change, the goalie didn't have a tremendous workload, but couldn't be blamed for any of the 3 strikes.  The home team only had a decent scoring chance or 2 all nite.  They played a reasonable amount of time in the Ducks end, but accomplished zip, and deserved about what they got.
    Don't have a big problem with what happenned last nite, however, it's happenning way to often, for this team to be considered a "contender" at this point.  Someone pointed out "emotional fragility", and I agree.  This team hasn't been able to find it's way for a couple weeks now, and they have an obvious issue playing at home that goes back much further.  Although team defense is a great strength, team offense is an equal liability, and that goes back to the start of last season.  Really difficult to pinpoint that problem.  Many think it's the defensive transition.  Think that's way too simplistic.  Others say the "system".  May be something there.
    I don't think this team has the offensive horsepower.  After 32 games, only one line has exceeded expectation.  The 4th.
    If everyone agree's that Clod is immovable and predictable with his tactics, how did they hover around the top of the league 2 years ago offensively, and go right to the dumper, and stay there ever since?  Me thinks, the team played over it's head offensively, and came back to earth.  Deals have been made, however, nothing big.  We've traded project for project.  Still no one on this team anyone could logically count on, for 35 goals.  That would be fine if there were 10 guys you could count on for 20, but I don't see that either.
    This is a good team with a lot of potential.  Not great though.  Next year, with some money to spend, Savard hopefully hitting on all 8, Seguin getting up to speed, and a young core intact, we may get there.
    For now, enjoy, this group can still do considerable damage if they can muster up a little more heart.    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]This is the "off" game that I think we should expect.  You have to admit that the Ducks goals were on the weird side. This particular loss I forgive, not like the other losses. Why didn't they try to pull the goalie?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    It was a wonky game, but I don't think the Ducks played very well.  Any kind of effective execution, and it is a different game entirely.

Was it just me, or without Marchand in the lineup, did it become glaringly apparent how many forwards end up standing around in the offensive zone waiting for something to happen?  He at least has his feet moving all the time.  

As for not putting in Rask, I think they were showing enough signs of life at the end of the second that Julien couldn't use the "You're playing so badly that I'm taking Thomas out so that he doesn't get beat up more" line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"did it become glaringly apparent how many forwards end up standing around in the offensive zone waiting for something to happen?"

Chiarelli must do a winger change out and Thornton could sit a few games to develop some Providence players every once in awhile it wouldn't hurt. It's not the shots it's the quality of shots is what some of the current wingers can't swing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yep! NAS you're absolutely right. They actually put a decent 45 min effort in tonite. However, was it the Ducks D, or the B's not putting their nose to the grindstone to get those 2nd & 3rd shots that can beat a hot goalie? Oh yea, TT wasn't his best tonite either. He had probably his worst game of the season tonite. Matter of fact he owes Bergy a steak dinner for saving his GAA & SP a bit.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for being honest Nite.I posted that I thought TT was hitting somewhat of a rough patch and ,of course,it wasn't well received.Time for CJ to give him a little more rest.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No forecheck, no traffic, very few actual chances and very few quality shots.  It's hard to put a positive spin on this one, shots or no shots.

What a snoozer to watch too...sheesh...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Proof, once again, that as a stat, shots is almost as meaningless as plus/minus.  Take all the shots you want, boys, just one at a time, and make sure Jo-jo's ready before you shoot.  Also, stay to the outside and try not to block his line of sight. They didn't win a period.  They took more shots.  Pretty sure to win in hockey means scoring more goals.  It's a lot closer to the truth to say you can't get enough, you're gonna have to face it.... Sorry.  Robert Palmer interlude. Closer to the truth to say you won't lose a lot of games if you outscore the opposition for two of three periods.  In effect, that means you're up two goals with one period to play.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,Kessel can have 8 shots in a game but only 1 scoring chance.some people have trouble realizing that a shot on goal dosen't always equal a scoring opportunity.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]No forecheck, no traffic, very few actual chances and very few quality shots.  It's hard to put a positive spin on this one, shots or no shots. What a snoozer to watch too...sheesh...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    First time all year I didn't bother watching the 3rd.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know they lost, but... : First time all year I didn't bother watching the 3rd.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Same here.  Was at a bar and called for the check after the 2nd.  I tried watching the tivo-ed 3rd when I got home and was quickly in a deep holiday slumber...

...to all a good night...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I know they lost, but... : First time all year I didn't bother watching the 3rd.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I stopped watching after the first period. The first period was like watching curling.