I really dont understand juliens logic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

I really dont understand juliens logic

so reading something about seguin practicing with the third line, and julien says thats where he belongs but yet he puts him on the fourth line. kelly hasnt done anything for the bruins in his term with us yet it seems so why not scratch him and play seguin? it just doesnt make sense anymore. yeah you have the whole expirience stuff but still, i honestly think he will put up good numbers if you give him the right amount of playing time and right guys on his line. thornton and campbell are not going to cut it, he needs a ryder like player, and also a peverly on his line. that line could be a deadly combo if they jell right in my opinion. you have seguin and peverly's speed with ryders shot and seguins playmaking ablilty along with peverlys decent shot. i just dont understand why this line hasnt been tossed together for 2-3 or more games yet. someone explain to me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: I really dont understand juliens logic

Seguin stinks at playing defense.

Kelly doesn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Julien has no logic

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Kelly has one more year on his contract on top of it!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I don't have a problem with Seguin not playing.  He's not ready but his day will come and he knows it. 

My beef w/CJ right now is his thought process regarding the goalie rotation.  It makes sense to me that he should have started TT in Montreal (not that it would have made a difference in the outcome); and then play Tuukka vs. Buffalo and NYI, which would have given TT a week off, giving him the start in Columbus.

I know he wanted to see how Tuukka would respond by giving him an important start, and TT's record vs. the Habs hasn't been great so I guess it makes sense from that perspective. 

Maybe resting TT is only fodder for this board and not a true strategy for the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Kelly stinks at offense

Seguin doesn't

Last time I checked, they were forwards.  Kelly should be on the 4th line...period.  Try a line of Campbell Ryder Seguin perhaps

Recchi Kelly Paille can be the 4th line

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Seeing as I havent seen Ryder pass the puck at all in the last 5 games I would put him on the 4th line. He apparently has no use for linemates.

Peverley-Bergy-Marchand has been Meh. So  seeing as the playoffs are basically locked up I would try something drastic like.

Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand
    Peverley-Kelly-Recchi
    Thornton/Paille-Soupy-Ryder

Give seguin a game or 2 with 15 mins on the Bergy line and see how he does. I mean are they going to at least give him a legit chance this year or not?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I agree, since Ryder plays by himself...they should let him play alone in the press box

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I agree with those who suggest that Seguin play with Bergeron and Marchand. After watching the Bruins in the last 3 weeks ,IMO, they will not go any further than the 2nd round. Just consider: Recchi is really on his last legs. He is smart and will give 100%, but his skills have deteriorated. Ryder is just impossible. He is staying in order to be paid. Thornton has been useless. Paille has lost some of his speed, and that was all he has shown.Kelly is a faster Campbell, so we have 2 fourth line centers. Peverly has not shown much more than Wheeler did, although he is good on faceoffs and has speed. Boychuck has regressed; Seidenberg is making more mistakes in every game; Kaberle is doing what was expected; and the coaching staff , in total, is still failing to produce, correct, or stimulate. All of this indicates a first or second round exit

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

if hes trying to get seguin to learn the ropes then he should leave hom on the 4th line all year   like Pat burns did with jumbo joe  then take the reins off he next year   i still think that if we dont make the 3rd rond of the playoff  then CJ is done

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I think Clode owes it to Seguin to play the kid 20 minutes a game from here on in. That means playing with Lucic, Horton, anyone that can get him to heat up. What the heck, this team isn't winning anyway so let's get the hopefully next great player untracked already. Of course, replacing the coach would go a long way toward that end. Get someone who thinks scoring is actually an important part of the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I'll say this again - Seguin is poor defensively and is a liability playing defensive center. CJ molded Savard into a servicable defender after he was knocked for that his whole career. I see no problem with making players accountable and rationing time when a player makes a defensive mistake or doesn't show hustle (I almost never see Seguin hustle back if he needs to catch up to a player, seems like he's waiting for it to come the other way). I see Seguin chasing players around in the defensive zone and losing responsibility more than I see him playing good D.

In CJ's system, you play D or you don't play. Kelly is one of the league's best faceoff men and a solid defender. That's why he plays. If you expected Kelly to come in here and start scoring a goal a game or every other game, you're expecting too much. Having Kelly and Peverley on the ice together guarantees that you will have 2 good centers in the defensive zone to take the faceoff. Hate on Ryder all you want but he is better defensively than Seguin - bad is better than awful IMO.

Seguin will play 2nd line winger or 3rd line center next year. This year is a learning year for him. CJ is not killing him and if management thought so, I'm pretty sure he would have been sent back to Juniors a long time ago or we would have seen his ice time increased for no reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

OrrEspo - Your suggestions would be great......if Boston was Edmonton like you think they are. Claude owes Seguin nothing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: I really dont understand juliens logic:
    [QUOTE]Kelly stinks at offense Seguin doesn't Last time I checked, they were forwards.  Kelly should be on the 4th line...period.  Try a line of Campbell Ryder Seguin perhaps Recchi Kelly Paille can be the 4th line
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

I think you are aware (at least I hope you are) that it is more important for third and fourth line players to be defensively sound than offensively sound (Skating Clowns not included).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Again--- Dress him each game-- play him on the 4th line-- limit his minutes but put him on the POWERPLAY where his passing and offensive skill will help the team score a freakin PP goal. 

If CJ and the other MORON Ward can't fix the PP--- can both their Azzes and put someone in place that can actually figure out how to utilize the skilled players properly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: I really dont understand juliens logic:
    [QUOTE]Seguin stinks at playing defense. Kelly doesn't.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Everone on team doesn't have to be defensive

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Whit will be the callup, he is leading Prov in ppg% .667, the clod way.