I really like the Corvo acquisition

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I really like the Corvo acquisition

He's the right type of player for their team; came at a fair price.  I believe he will help stabilise this power play..a matter of time.  The Bruins will depend on Joe and will need him to stay healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: I really like the Corvo acquisition

There are only 3 good things about the Corvo trade.
    1) He's not Kaberle
    2) He came cheap
    3) He's no longer defiling the #77.

In Response to I really like the Corvo acquisition:
    [QUOTE]He's the right type of player for their team; came at a fair price.  I believe he will help stabilise this power play..a matter of time.  The Bruins will depend on Joe and will need him to stay healthy.
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I too think Corvo will prove to be a real boon to the PP. In his short time with the team he has already shown his willingness to pinch at the right time, fire a low accurate shot, and move the puck quickly in the offensive zone. I think a few more games for him to feel confortable and the B's percentages on the PP will go up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lets hope so 50 cause after the first PP last night it went back to being pathetic. I'm willing to chock it up to it still being the pre-season.

I said at the time of the trade and I'll say it now, I liked it. Corvo won't hesitate because he knows he has two great defenseman that will allow him to get back in time when he pinches down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: I really like the Corvo acquisition:
    [QUOTE]Lets hope so 50 cause after the first PP last night it went back to being pathetic. I'm willing to chock it up to it still being the pre-season. I said at the time of the trade and I'll say it now, I liked it. Corvo won't hesitate because he knows he has two great defenseman that will allow him to get back in time when he pinches down.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I know the 1 for 7 didn't look good on the scoresheet Sandog but i'm optomistic that it will straighten out in the regular season. At least Corvo will shoot and that in and of itself will lead to more chances. Other teams won't be able to assume that they are lining up Chara for the one-timer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, I think he'll work out too.  Saves a LOT of money compared to Kaberle, and I dont think he's any worse points wise.  Scores about double Kabs goals, and puts up 1/3 less or so assists.  Only problem is, he seems to be injury prone.  If he can stay healthy, we'll forget we even had Kaberle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've never been a big fan.  I have very limited expectations, and if he isn't an absolute dog, and the Bruins are winning, fine.  PP better than last year won't really matter in terms of how I judge Corvo unless there's a real good reason to lay the improvement at his feet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I've never been a big fan.  I have very limited expectations, and if he isn't an absolute dog, and the Bruins are winning, fine.  PP better than last year won't really matter in terms of how I judge Corvo unless there's a real good reason to lay the improvement at his feet.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    If Corvo improves the PP by leaps and bounds, that won't make you like Corvo just a little ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Atleast he'll shoot on the PP, unlike Kaberle. Was I the only one that wanted to throw a brick at my TV everytime Kaberle pump-faked and then passed it? I mean, it was so predictable that even the other teams would back off him and help cover someone else, knowing he wouldn't shoot it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I wanted to jump THROUGH the TV and punch Kaberle in the head.  Drove me INSANE!  And you know, the guy has/had a lot of assists, even in the playoffs this year, but name ONE that was a "real" assist and not the first touch assist.  I cant recall one goal with Kaberle being THE guy to MAKE the play happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I was impressed with him in the Ottawa Finals vs Anahiem. I thought he moved the puck well, and was a decent point producer. 

If he can play to that level, we'll be good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I wanted to jump THROUGH the TV and punch Kaberle in the head.  Drove me INSANE!  And you know, the guy has/had a lot of assists, even in the playoffs this year, but name ONE that was a "real" assist and not the first touch assist.  I cant recall one goal with Kaberle being THE guy to MAKE the play happen.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]
    30 second mark of this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXEVkN-BuOc&feature=relmfu

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really like the Corvo acquisition : 30 second mark of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXEVkN-BuOc&feature=relmfu
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Looked like Savard feeding Ryd's.  The difference is Kaberle only did it once..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'll take Kaberle over Corvo all day. Corvo isn't bad, but not compared to Kaberle. Corvo does a few things better, but Kaberle does so much that doesnt show up on a score sheet. Few d-men in the world are better at going back to get the puck as quick and smooth as he does and get the puck up the ice. One of the best outlet passers I've ever seen. Yes the PP struggled last year,long before he came, and Chara was running it the whole year. Corvo is good, I just think Kaberle is that much better, would have loved to seen him with here with a whole year inder him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I'll take Kaberle over Corvo all day. Corvo isn't bad, but not compared to Kaberle. Corvo does a few things better, but Kaberle does so much that doesnt show up on a score sheet. Few d-men in the world are better at going back to get the puck as quick and smooth as he does and get the puck up the ice. One of the best outlet passers I've ever seen. Yes the PP struggled last year,long before he came, and Chara was running it the whole year. Corvo is good, I just think Kaberle is that much better, would have loved to seen him with here with a whole year inder him.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]Maybe Kaberle at $1 mil a year, not $3mil plus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

The Corvo pickup will pay off now now that Kampfer is out.  He will play more PP minutes.  I really want this guy to get that PP going!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I found this concerning the argument of having Corvo over Kaberle. It's an old article with some ( attempted ? ) humour to it and some good points.

My feelings ? Thank you PC for getting rid of your infatuation with Kaberle. #5 is my biggest beef with the way he plays but far from being the only one.

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2011/7/6/2262833/bruins-joe-corvo-tomas-kaberle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Is there really that much to write about Joe Corvo?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I enjoyed it. It was about hockey unlike yesterday's masterpiece threads.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It was more about hair and tattoos than hockey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And AUGH AUGH was ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

An attempt to convince people to avoid the temptation to respond to yet another stupid Hope Solo thread.  I was hoping that thread was a one-off - or a sign up sheet.  Alas, no one can resist piling on.  I've acknowledged the irony.

As for this one, I was echoing the writer's own incredulity that he had spent that much time on Joe Corvo (see his last line).  Just relax.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]An attempt to convince people to avoid the temptation to respond to yet another stupid Hope Solo thread.  I was hoping that thread was a one-off - or a sign up sheet.  Alas, no one can resist piling on.  I've acknowledged the irony. As for this one, I was echoing the writer's own incredulity that he had spent that much time on Joe Corvo (see his last line).  Just relax.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

This piece of work thinks  ^^^^  is ironic. Will do as long as you take your own advice also.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]I wanted to jump THROUGH the TV and punch Kaberle in the head.  Drove me INSANE!  And you know, the guy has/had a lot of assists, even in the playoffs this year, but name ONE that was a "real" assist and not the first touch assist.  I cant recall one goal with Kaberle being THE guy to MAKE the play happen.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Stretch pass to Ryder and Ryder snap one pass Price.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: I really like the Corvo acquisition:[QUOTE]I'll take Kaberle over Corvo all day. Corvo isn't bad, but not compared to Kaberle. Corvo does a few things better, but Kaberle does so much that doesnt show up on a score sheet. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I won't blame the PP woes on Tomas but two things that will make Corvo have more success in Boston. Joe has had two 14 goal seasons because he doesn't choke when given the chance to shoot and had 55 hits last year. Kampfer had more hits than Kaberle with almost half the games. Joe doesn't shy away from trouble in the corners as well.

At this point of their careers I'd take Joe all day long on the PP or in a tight checking game.