I think the Bruins roster is one of the best in the league.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: I think the Bruins roster is one of the best in the league.

The roster or the team on the ice?
    As far as rosters go, the Devils should be leading the NHL in just about every category. And by the same measure the Dallas Stars should be somewhere near the bottom. As it stands that's not quite true.

I think that Bruins have one of the best balanced teams, but could stand to do more offensively. The legit teams in the NHL this season are (in no particular order): Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Vancouver. The next teir is LA, Washington, Atlanta, Dallas and NYR, and the only reason I give the watered down west so many slots is they won't have the nasty playoff series the east will.

In Response to I think the Bruins roster is one of the best in the league.:
    [QUOTE]Top to bottom it compares favorably with any other team. I would say top 5, purely on paper. Is this a popular opinion? 
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to I think the Bruins roster is one of the best in the league.:
    [QUOTE]Top to bottom it compares favorably with any other team. I would say top 5, purely on paper. Is this a popular opinion? 
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

it's probably not a popular opinion here with all the negative comments everybody writes. but, imo if they're not top 5, they're pretty close. if they win their game in hands, they'll in the top 5 in the points.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: I think the Bruins roster is one of the best in the league.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I think the Bruins roster is one of the best in the league. : it's probably not a popular opinion here with all the negative comments everybody writes. but, imo if they're not top 5, they're pretty close. if they win their game in hands, they'll in the top 5 in the points.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    5 games in hand on Atlanta....who makes this schedule?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Forward wise, I would agree. Defensemen? It's probably the weakest corps of defensemen from top to bottom in B's history other than maybe Lewis's last year. That is not a slap at the guys now, but a testament that the team has had many good groups of D-men over the years. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Top line talent? Not a chance they compare to alot of other teams sporting players like

Sedin-Kane-Crosby-Ovechkin-Marleau-Datsyuk

Depth wise they have to be one of the top teams, goaltending wise top team, Defense is middle-of-the-pack. IMO Upgrading the Defense and rolling 4lines is their best chance at a cup because Crosby-Kane like players dont come knocking on your door very often!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think the Bruins have pretty good depth but they lack scoring and we all saw what happened the last couple yrs.  Teams can keep the games close and win(Carolina and Philly).

I think the best roster on paper is Pitts.  Absolutely disgusting.  The fact they likely will add a sniper sure will make them hard to beat.  Staal back in the mix.  They can score, hit, fight, Top 4 dmen are as good as it gets and they have a world class goalie.

I think in the East its.
    1. Pitt
    2. Philly- question marks in goal but best 6 dmen in the league.
    3. Wash- hard to deny the star power.  No goalie and suspect defense.  I think Boston matches up well against them.
    4. Boston
    5. Tampa- They now have a goalie. Should they find a top 4 dman they could jump to 3rd.

West
    Detroit
    Van
    LA
    SJ

Hard to believe that Chicago isnt in that mix but they really miss the unsung workers.  I don't think they have a chance unless they really pick up some nice pieces.  And they are so stuck with the cap they likely can't.

I am predicting a Pitt/Vancouver final by the way.  I think both teams will upgrade.  I am predicting Pitt in 6 games. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I think that on paper for the last couple years Tampa has had a top five roster but clearly after their cup in 2004 the have done very little so as you can see how good a roster is on paper matters little.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Kane? In that group???? ROFLMAO!

[QUOTE]Top line talent? Not a chance they compare to alot of other teams sporting players like Sedin-Kane-Crosby-Ovechkin-Marleau-Datsyuk Depth wise they have to be one of the top teams, goaltending wise top team, Defense is middle-of-the-pack. IMO Upgrading the Defense and rolling 4lines is their best chance at a cup because Crosby-Kane like players dont come knocking on your door very often!
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Kane? In that group???? ROFLMAO! In Response to Re: I think the Bruins roster is one of the best in the league. :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    I'd put Toews in that group though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]The roster or the team on the ice? As far as rosters go, the Devils should be leading the NHL in just about every category. And by the same measure the Dallas Stars should be somewhere near the bottom. As it stands that's not quite true. I think that Bruins have one of the best balanced teams, but could stand to do more offensively. The legit teams in the NHL this season are (in no particular order): Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Vancouver. The next teir is LA, Washington, Atlanta, Dallas and NYR, and the only reason I give the watered down west so many slots is they won't have the nasty playoff series the east will. In Response to I think the Bruins roster is one of the best in the league. :Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Very well put IMO the Bruins need more speed on the wing and some more mobility on the blueline then I would feel more comfortable in a 7 game series against the those top tier teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]The roster or the team on the ice? As far as rosters go, the Devils should be leading the NHL in just about every category. And by the same measure the Dallas Stars should be somewhere near the bottom. As it stands that's not quite true. I think that Bruins have one of the best balanced teams, but could stand to do more offensively. The legit teams in the NHL this season are (in no particular order): Boston, Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Vancouver. The next teir is LA, Washington, Atlanta, Dallas and NYR, and the only reason I give the watered down west so many slots is they won't have the nasty playoff series the east will. In Response to I think the Bruins roster is one of the best in the league. :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

And Like I said in another thread the number one sports betting company in North America pretty much agrees with you, though they put the Caps ahead of Boston. These are folks who make their living on evaluating sports teams, and they have Boston as the sixth best team in the league.