I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387260

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???

I think somebody is coming for Thomas, they wear white coats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Everyone has their own political and religious beliefs. At the end of the day, who cares, stop pucks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I care, he is getting to be a distraction.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This whole issue is about health insurance coverage, and he's equating it to Germany in the 30's... sigh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Yup. I heard about this.

More than anything, Thomas really needs to hire some PR help. Whatever opinions he has, it always comes out all convoluted and messy. What the frack is he talking about? What's his point? What does he hope to gain from making such statements?

If you have to explain yourself (or refuse to explain yourself) after every comment, maybe time to stop making comments. It doesn't benefit your cause to send convoluted messages, and it certainly isn't worth the hassle it causes his employer and teammates.

I feel bad for Thomas. As much as I personally disagree with his perspective, he does have passion...but can't articulate his opinions in a constructive way. All it will do is drive a wedge between him, his fans and eventually the team. Lord help us if he stops being superhuman in net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

How long until all the nutbars start posting here again about politics?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Any moment now, Red. But I don't blame them....you can't compare a health care decision with the Nazis and then go about your merry little day without some sort of backlash.

Look at us....normally we cringe at these types of discussions, yet here we are. It just stinks. We can say stop pucks and it's all good, but the fact remains that there's a little less joy in watching him succeed for some....and the feelgood story of the old guy who never gave up is long gone to many of us. It's just...disappointing. And for what purpose?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???:
    [QUOTE]I care, he is getting to be a distraction.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

How? Is he distracting you or the team. If he's distracting the team please explain how you know this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I care.  My personal feeling was that the White House thing was petty and selfish (not because of the politics involved, but the gesture itself).  But I agreed to accept Thomas' decision, move past it and support him, based in part on his claim that the decision was a private one and he was not going to call public attention to it.

Now that appears to have been posturing on his part, and I assume, he is now going to continue to try to be a public political figure and a professional athlete at the same time.

So be it, but it is now entirely fair for people to judge him on this and criticize him.  It is not a personal private matter -- he has made it public.

And is there anything more tired and tasteless than comparing every situation to Hitler and the Nazis??  I hate when both parties do this.  Providing birth control is now compared to rounding up Jews to murder them in concentration camps...?  Stupid.

Stick to stopping pucks Timmy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumpinwithoutthinking. Show jumpinwithoutthinking's posts

T5
    Time to trade Tim Thomas...

get some young talent for him..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

give it to tim they like all the s hit ya saying it gets the TSN crew all sour arron ward was such a great defence man he didnt know what team he played for most of the time , so give them hell thomas  an raise a little hell an for arron ward  start selling cars ya have a big mouth for it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

totally agree with fletch and asmaha......you cannot compare the president to a nazi.  you don't think this is a distraction?  after all of the press and attention the white house snub got, that definitely distracted the team.  this has the potential to be even worse....is he intentionally trying to tick everybody off and get traded or something???? nothing in the years he's been here and now the 2 incidents in 2 weeks???? the conspiracy theorist in me tells me something may be going here.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]This whole issue is about health insurance coverage, and he's equating it to Germany in the 30's... sigh.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Isn't that some internet meme?  That any and all debates eventually invoke Nazis?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Isn't that some internet meme?  That any and all debates eventually invoke Nazis?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

If it isn't, it should be.

Tim, please just go back to stopping pucks, you're starting to make the rest of the goalies in the league look well-adjusted. If you have to speak out, take a page from Roy's book and talk to your goalposts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Isn't that some internet meme?  That any and all debates eventually invoke Nazis?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    Godwin's Law.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I knew I remembered something like that.  It seems it may apply to offline discussions as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I placed some remarks on FB recently, I figured you guys might like to read them upon request cause I am really, really important.  Most deal with the Bs, cause I no carp about politics, religion, and welfare rights, individual rights, NAZIs, Judaism, Communisim, and various other subjects.  All of my friends like my comments on the Bs but that is it, "that's all folks"!  Looney tunes jingo now playing in the background!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

How's that old saying go? "Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

For Gawds sakes! Get over yourselves!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

i suppose tonite will be Timmy's fault too right? What a bunch of whining babies!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks Giselle!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Giselle!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    Awesome!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Giselle!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    I'm not the one going on like a little BitCj Izzy! Over a fb post!