I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???

About time Neely and PC had a word with Timmy. Just shows how far his mind is away from the puck.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???:
    [QUOTE]About time Neely and PC had a word with Timmy. Just shows how far his mind is away from the puck.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]
    Ya know Rask started this game right? And Thomas was the winner in the last 3 wins the B's have right? i think maybe you should do some home work before you spout off!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

I don't think he was comparing anything to Nazi Germany, he was only posting a poem that was written back then. His point was that if you don't speak up because it doesn't apply to you, then no one will be around to speak up for you. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387260
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

The decision of government to compel religious organizations to offer "birth control" preeeety much confirms, and if he even needed it, validates Tim's position on the government and our constitution.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairshake. Show fairshake's posts

If I am the organist in any other NHL arena, I am playing Hail to the Chief every time Thomas gets on the ice. This is going to distract him from playing great hockey, how can it not? I'd love to hear the on-ice chirping at him now. Such a shame - best NHL goaltending in years and he dilutes it with this garbage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

TT is probably planning to run for office as a tea party candidate.

He is already causing problems for the Bruins organization

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

What I don't understand is the WHY.  After the firestorm caused by the WH snub and the FB post, why on earth would he do another political post?  Is he actually trying to get himself traded?  Is this a "Cammalleri" in a slightly different form?  Why would he put Bruins management in the uncomfortable position of once again discussing the actions of their flaky goalie?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Its unfortunate that so few people understand that the passage he posted has been very commonly used by people of both political stripes. While everyone gets caught up in the "Nazi" part, he isn't "equating" anyone to a Nazi.  There nothing crazy about what he's saying.

The point is that most people do not speak up until things personally affect them.  The passage is very clear to that point.  Why people on this board get in such a huff and claim the "men in white coasts" are coming because he invokes a simple sentiment that millions across the world agree with... don't shut up about injustice because it doesn't directly affect you today.  It might affect you tomorrow.

But all the geniuses in here call him a fool.  Because he has an opinion on his facebook page. Because he's a hockey player.

Maybe try to pick up a book instead of a sports page now and then.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]If I am the organist in any other NHL arena, I am playing Hail to the Chief every time Thomas gets on the ice. This is going to distract him from playing great hockey, how can it not? I'd love to hear the on-ice chirping at him now. Such a shame - best NHL goaltending in years and he dilutes it with this garbage.
    Posted by fairshake[/QUOTE]

You've certainly never played hockey, let alone play goal in front of a crowd in your life.  There isn't a goalie with any success above mite level that would let an organ or comments on the ice remotely affect him on the ice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think he was comparing anything to Nazi Germany, he was only posting a poem that was written back then. His point was that if you don't speak up because it doesn't apply to you, then no one will be around to speak up for you. 
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

Wait... did someone on this board actually finish college?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]About time Neely and PC had a word with Timmy. Just shows how far his mind is away from the puck.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

Tell us exactly how far his mind is, genius.  I'd like to hear your clinical analysis about what TT does in his personal time vs. what's on the ice.

Rask gave up a bad goal tonight.  Don't you think you should tap his phone to see what his opinions to friends are calling home to Finland?  They might not match your politics, ya know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think he was comparing anything to Nazi Germany, he was only posting a poem that was written back then. His point was that if you don't speak up because it doesn't apply to you, then no one will be around to speak up for you. 
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

Finally. It's a poem people!!!!! Settle down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Finally. It's a poem people!!!!! Settle down.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

No offense kel, but that seems a little naive.  What's the purpose of posting that poem directly after a comment on what Obama did today regarding healthcare?  It seems to me that it doesn't take that much of a wild imagination to infer that Obama is being compared to Hitler, on some level.  And, that's the Glenn Beck playbook.

And aside from Obama (who I am not supporting here), why?  Why do this?

Do you guys want your starting goalie doing this?  It is a distraction, plain and simple.  And it is becoming more and more deliberate.

nite and others, you need to respect other peoples opinions as much as you respect Thomas'.  This is now public, like it or not (I don't), and people will react.  If you make partisan political comments to the public, as a sports star, you will get criticism -- its that simple.  I ask that Thomas hold off on the public commentary until after the season, at least.  That's my opinion.  Respect my right to have it, and stop insulting everyone who you disagree with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]How's that old saying go? "Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

-Mark Twain

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I wonder what Mark Twain would have thought about a man posting a poem about peace and looking out for others, and have people react by quoting Twain in calling that person a fool.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder what Mark Twain would have thought about a man posting a poem about peace and looking out for others, and have people react by quoting Twain in calling that person a fool.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Just my opinion, but that's a shockingly naive interpretation.  If you think that poem, in that context, is "about peace", perhaps you are the one who needs to 'pick up a book'.

I respect Thomas' opinions, and yours.  I don't like careless comparisons to the genocide of 6 million people.

I wish we weren't talking about this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairshake. Show fairshake's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : You've certainly never played hockey, let alone play goal in front of a crowd in your life.  There isn't a goalie with any success above mite level that would let an organ or comments on the ice remotely affect him on the ice.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

My point was not clear - I meant the entire episode and all the chatter will affect his play, not just an organist playing a tune. If it doesn't then he is truly an amazing hockey player. I guess we'll see but if tonight was any indication...

Tough week for you Boston sportsfans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I wish we weren't talking about this.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Same here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : My point was not clear - I meant the entire episode and all the chatter will affect his play, not just an organist playing a tune. If it doesn't then he is truly an amazing hockey player. I guess we'll see but if tonight was any indication... Tough week for you Boston sportsfans.
    Posted by fairshake[/QUOTE]
    He looked pretty good tonight.  The issue wasn't TT or the team, it was the officiating.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairshake. Show fairshake's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : He looked pretty good tonight.  The issue wasn't TT or the team, it was the officiating.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

LOL whatever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : No offense kel, but that seems a little naive.  What's the purpose of posting that poem directly after a comment on what Obama did today regarding healthcare?  It seems to me that it doesn't take that much of a wild imagination to infer that Obama is being compared to Hitler, on some level.  And, that's the Glenn Beck playbook. And aside from Obama (who I am not supporting here), why?  Why do this? Do you guys want your starting goalie doing this?  It is a distraction, plain and simple.  And it is becoming more and more deliberate. nite and others, you need to respect other peoples opinions as much as you respect Thomas'.  This is now public, like it or not (I don't), and people will react.  If you make partisan political comments to the public, as a sports star, you will get criticism -- its that simple.  I ask that Thomas hold off on the public commentary until after the season, at least.  That's my opinion.  Respect my right to have it, and stop insulting everyone who you disagree with.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch, I am a little naive when it comes to this stuff. I'm not political or religious, have no use for either, just wish we could get back to talking about his saves and not this other stuff. I understand it's him making this stuff public, and to be honest, I wish he'd just stop..I care about his political beleifs about as much as I care about Mayor Meninos take on the Super Bowl.

P.S, I'm thinking about going back to my Carey Price avatar. His attitude/enthusiasm during the All-Star weekend was quite refreshing and is exactly why I love this game and love being a goalie, so don't be offended fellow B'S FANS!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

well ya sure looks like rask cant stop s hit theses days  bring up the other guy an send rask down  thomas is god woo hoo you clowns an jokers like to write open ya big mouth an take a swallow ya woman does

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

This is all I care about I don't care about his political views or any thing else all I care is he plays goalie for my favorite team in the universe and I will forever be thankful for him with his truly historic regular season and postseason efforts that brought lord stanley to boston for the first time in my life. I wish this man and his family nothing but the best even if he wears anothers teams jersey.  Also I gota admit  I love the fact he speaks his mind reminds me of my self. Be true to yourself and say what you think and mean reguardles if your the minority in your thoughts or views at least at the end of the day you can look your self in the mirror. The way I have seen some fans bash this man and call him selfish and from people who are so called bruins fans its disgutsing. For those of you who say you don't know how you can cheer for him or want him to succeed why don't you do us real bruins fans a favor and pick a new team.( or afrer seeing many posters here say they have a second team leave the bruins and make your second team your team) Take a hike we don't need or want you!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

If you can tie health coverage to Nazism, YOU might be a Redneck!!!