I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???

In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???:
    [QUOTE]About time Neely and PC had a word with Timmy. Just shows how far his mind is away from the puck.
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]

I know who was playing last night and how my post might have looked but I wasn't criticising Timmy's recent play. His political platform has nothing to do with hockey and is a distraction Thomas and the team could do without.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So...here's the thing, and it seems like there's always this kind of thing in this kind of statement.

I take Thomas's post to be a complaint that the government is infringing on the rights of Catholic health care plans to choose not to fund birth control.  That's a choice that they make within the sphere of their religious freedom, so the big bad Gov should stay out of it.  Correct?

Where's the outrage over the big bad institution restricting the choice of individuals by not providing coverage for a choice they don't want individuals to make?  Isn't that fundamentally the same thing?

As for the poem...it's better in German.  And it fits Godwin's law perfectly because "they came for..." is a very literal statement in a poem that gets applied figuratively to every situation where the government does something someone doesn't like - SoxFan's right, it has nothing to do with political allegiences.

Oh, yeah...I'm not Thomas's friend on Facebook...because I'm not interested in Facebook.  I'd never know he was blah blah blahing if it wasn't posted by TSN and re-tweeted around the universe like the f-ing Ten Commandments.  As I wrote last time, I have a pretty good  idea of what to think about social and political issues and I'm not going to be taking any advice from a goalie at this time.  My interest in Tim Thomas is his goaltending.  I choose to ignore whatever he chooses to do with his free time - unless he's doing something criminal.

Goalies.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking???": [QUOTE]Everyone has their own political and religious beliefs. At the end of the day, who cares, stop pucks. Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE] Thomas is becoming a distraction on this team , I wish he would shut his trap. He has to remember who he is..spouting off about this on a social network, somethings are better off left unsaid. I sure hope this does not have a negative impact on the team, I think its time Cam sat him down....funny, he gets snowed in the face by Lieno last night , and no response at all from a Bruins player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]..Where's the outrage over the big bad institution restricting the choice of individuals by not providing coverage for a choice they don't want individuals to make?Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Book, I thought you were smarter than this.  Institution's dont make laws that are binding.  Our government does.  And, we have to abide by it's decisions.

I think what's got this country upset about this decision is it's not in keeping with the constitution and the original chain of command, which is:

#1 God
    #2 Christians (We the people)
    #3 Government

That was and is the structure the founding fathers intended for this country.  That is also why this country has been blessed.  But making law that forces we the people to have to go against God and the priciples that governed our constitution is immoral and illegal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Seperation of State and Church.  Whatever happened to that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: funny, he gets snowed in the face by Lieno last night , and no response at all from a Bruins player.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

You must not have seen the two d-men crowd Lieno after the play was over.  You also must have missed Seidenberg nearly get him with an elbow shot on what I believe may have been his next shift.  The NBCsports guys pointed that out.  Of course they also said he was "headhunting" and took it too far with their descriptions but the guys did go after him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Seperation of State and Church.  Whatever happened to that?
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    greatest myth fed to citizens of this country. EXAMPLES: pledge of allegiance, bibles in the court room, god on our money, laws against gay marriage, on and on and on.....this separation thing sounds great, but it's not reality.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I really don't care what he says about anything.  I like the fact that he plays goalie quite well, and is a member of the Boston Bruins.
    Yes, when someone speaks up publicly, they are fair game.  I understand and respect that.  Honestly though, the venon and hurt, spewed forth here, is laughable.
    I'm not in agreement with anything he's said, but I certainly don't feel he should stay silent about something he really believes in...for the sake of a bunch of hero worshipping hockey children, whose lives get turned upside down when their fantasy no longer fits the superhero image created in their own mind.  He's spewing the same drivel that's daily force fed to us from every side of the political spectrum...when it suits their ever changing agenda.  Should we sleep better...live better, feeling our beloved "Goalies" operate from a higher plane.
    Again...I really don't agree with him.  But if that's how he really feels, what's the upside in us NOT knowing it?  I really don't need my psyche protected from Tim Thomas.
    The only thing dumber than his comments, are many of the comments here expressing disappointment, outrage and more.
    If I read one more "distraction" comment...I'm gonna throw up.  These guys are together for one reason, to play hockey.  Players come and go.  Some become friends,. ..they're mostly aquaintences though.  While not cliques, most players have a circle of 3 or 4 teamates.  It's not that they dislike the others, it's just the way it goes.  There are players on any team, that barely know one another.  Again, it's not dislike, just the way it goes in a big group that's ever changing.  The team thing is built on "buy in", for a shared cause, not sorority values.
     By the time anyone gets to the NHL, they've worked with countless team mates, of every imaginable personality, and mosr realize it'll continue to be a merry-go-round til their career is finished.
    99% could care less about each others political beliefs unless someone istrying to shove it down their throat.    PC and company lobbied TT, not because they cared about his beliefs, but because they knew,,,the media shiiitstorm would be a personal pain in the butt.  Not a reason to lose hockey games...but increased time spent dealing with something they hate in the first place.  The media.
     And don't get me started about them.  Journalism has become "Springerism", and it's only because of the public.  Last year at this time, all anybody wanted to talk about was fantasy trades, where we get Ovechkin and 2 first rounders for Zach Hamil....how this team wasn't good enough...when CJ was gonna be replaced et al.
    Well...unfortunately...that doesn't incite the natives as much as a tried and true thriller.
    So here we are.  God help us, if we ever find out the politics of the remaining Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bim, government is a political institution.  Secondly The Constitution of the United States is a binding charter of government (We the people) including religious freedom.  Only one amendment has ever been repealed.  Other laws are statutory (legislative) or common law (judicial decisions).  Thomas making references to law are vague, does he mean the Constitutional laws, statutory laws, or the common laws. Lastly I absolutely promise not to answer another Thomas train wreck thread on this site.  

BTW the Bs are flat out in a malaise!  I wonder if there are trade rumors circulating.  So I then say clearly it will not be Thomas, he is an awesome goaltender!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : greatest myth fed to citizens of this country. EXAMPLES: pledge of allegiance, bibles in the court room, god on our money, laws against gay marriage, on and on and on.....this separation thing sounds great, but it's not reality.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

aaahhh. you have to go back to the founding of this nation and from where our ancestors came in order to appreciate and understand the meaning of Separation of Church and State. Don't apply it to 21st Century standards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't care what he says about anything.  I like the fact that he plays goalie quite well, and is a member of the Boston Bruins. Yes, when someone speaks up publicly, they are fair game.  I understand and respect that.  Honestly though, the venon and hurt, spewed forth here, is laughable. I'm not in agreement with anything he's said, but I certainly don't feel he should stay silent about something he really believes in...for the sake of a bunch of hero worshipping hockey children, whose lives get turned upside down when their fantasy no longer fits the superhero image created in their own mind.  He's spewing the same drivel that's daily force fed to us from every side of the political spectrum...when it suits their ever changing agenda.  Should we sleep better...live better, feeling our beloved "Goalies" operate from a higher plane. Again...I really don't agree with him.  But if that's how he really feels, what's the upside in us NOT knowing it?  I really don't need my psyche protected from Tim Thomas. The only thing dumber than his comments, are many of the comments here expressing disappointment, outrage and more. If I read one more "distraction" comment...I'm gonna throw up.  These guys are together for one reason, to play hockey.  Players come and go.  Some become friends,. ..they're mostly aquaintences though.  While not cliques, most players have a circle of 3 or 4 teamates.  It's not that they dislike the others, it's just the way it goes.  There are players on any team, that barely know one another.  Again, it's not dislike, just the way it goes in a big group that's ever changing.  The team thing is built on "buy in", for a shared cause, not sorority values.  By the time anyone gets to the NHL, they've worked with countless team mates, of every imaginable personality, and mosr realize it'll continue to be a merry-go-round til their career is finished. 99% could care less about each others political beliefs unless someone istrying to shove it down their throat.    PC and company lobbied TT, not because they cared about his beliefs, but because they knew,,,the media shiiitstorm would be a personal pain in the butt.  Not a reason to lose hockey games...but increased time spent dealing with something they hate in the first place.  The media.  And don't get me started about them.  Journalism has become "Springerism", and it's only because of the public.  Last year at this time, all anybody wanted to talk about was fantasy trades, where we get Ovechkin and 2 first rounders for Zach Hamil....how this team wasn't good enough...when CJ was gonna be replaced et al. Well...unfortunately...that doesn't incite the natives as much as a tried and true thriller. So here we are.  God help us, if we ever find out the politics of the remaining Bruins.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]
    ALLELUIA!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

[QUOTE]So...here's the thing, and it seems like there's always this kind of thing in this kind of statement. I take Thomas's post to be a complaint that the government is infringing on the rights of Catholic health care plans to choose not to fund birth control.  That's a choice that they make within the sphere of their religious freedom, so the big bad Gov should stay out of it.  Correct? Where's the outrage over the big bad institution restricting the choice of individuals by not providing coverage for a choice they don't want individuals to make?  Isn't that fundamentally the same thing? As for the poem...it's better in German.  And it fits Godwin's law perfectly because "they came for..." is a very literal statement in a poem that gets applied figuratively to every situation where the government does something someone doesn't like - SoxFan's right, it has nothing to do with political allegiences. Oh, yeah...I'm not Thomas's friend on Facebook...because I'm not interested in Facebook.  I'd never know he was blah blah blahing if it wasn't posted by TSN and re-tweeted around the universe like the f-ing Ten Commandments.  As I wrote last time, I have a pretty good  idea of what to think about social and political issues and I'm not going to be taking any advice from a goalie at this time.  My interest in Tim Thomas is his goaltending.  I choose to ignore whatever he chooses to do with his free time - unless he's doing something criminal. Goalies.......
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

completely wrong  We are talking about employer and employee. and insurance coverage.

The only thing it has to do with religion is that a religious organization is an employer.

If they are so adamant about offending their religious doctrine then they should stop being employers.

All employers are subject to the same laws.

Can a Jehovah Witness employer stop paying their share of Medicare payments for their employees because Medicare covers blood transfusions which is against their religious beliefs?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]Bim, government is a political institution.  Secondly The Constitution of the United States is a binding charter of government (We the people) including religious freedom.  Only one amendment has ever been repealed.  Other laws are statutory (legislative) or common law (judicial decisions).  Thomas making references to law are vague, does he mean the Constitutional laws, statutory laws, or the common laws. Lastly I absolutely promise not to answer another Thomas train wreck thread on this site.   BTW the Bs are flat out in a malaise!  I wonder if there are trade rumors circulating.  So I then say clearly it will not be Thomas, he is an awesome goaltender!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    I assumed the institutions Book was implying were religious and social.  Thought that was pretty clear.

Seperation of church and state is a law giving us the freedom of conscience and the right to worship in a non-Catholic way.  Something that wasn't so in western europe in the 1800's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think he was comparing anything to Nazi Germany, he was only posting a poem that was written back then. His point was that if you don't speak up because it doesn't apply to you, then no one will be around to speak up for you. 
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

BINGO, WE HAVE WINNER. WHAT's he won Johnny.... A bunch of brains for the rest of you on here who didnt get what Timmy was saying. Everyone just sits back. Im glad someone like TT is making waves. Because noone gives a cr ap about us, who is the general public and what we say. Who the heck wants to interview me or cares what I have to say. TT, who is in the spot light will get his word across. People will listen, whether you like what he says or does. How many of you think our govtment and politicians are doing a good job? How many of you think Obama is doing a good job? If you ask me, this Country is hurting right now and nothing is getting done to improve on it. We have a poor economy right now and all govt wants to do it tax us more, while helping out those who dont even deserve to be helped, because they arent american citizens, or their of a different religion and feel laws dont apply to them because of their religion....Just ridiculous what our country lets people get a way with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Book, I thought you were smarter than this.  Institution's dont make laws that are binding.  Our government does.  And, we have to abide by it's decisions.   I think what's got this country upset about this decision is it's not in keeping with the constitution and the original chain of command, which is: #1 God #2 Christians (We the people) #3 Government That was and is the structure the founding fathers intended for this country.  That is also why this country has been blessed.  But making law that forces we the people to have to go against God and the priciples that governed our constitution is immoral and illegal.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Funny, I thought it was about religious freedom, not forced compliance with your definition of the people.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Funny, I thought it was about religious freedom, not forced compliance with your definition of the people.

I guess all the aetheists, agnostics, Muslims, Jews, Budhists, Sihks, Hindus, Jains, Confuscionists, Taoists, Mormons and First Nations need to leave the country then... and damn I got pulled in again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Glad to see some people have some common sense on this subject. Still can't get over the fact some bruins fans have turned on him. Just because some don't agree with politcal views or personal views. This goes for thomas or any athlete that plays for my favorite teams all I care is when its game they give there best effort. Outside of being like Jerry Sandusky or horrid crimes commited there isn't much off the field that would make me turn on an athlete on my favorite team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : Funny, I thought it was about religious freedom, not forced compliance with your definition of the people.

We are a country founded on christian priciples by christian people.  That is a foundational truth.  Sep of church and state gives religious freedom.  But, our country is a christian-governed country.  We use bibles in our court of law, not korans.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : aaahhh. you have to go back to the founding of this nation and from where our ancestors came in order to appreciate and understand the meaning of Separation of Church and State. Don't apply it to 21st Century standards.
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]
    don't apply what to 21 century standards? the constitution? i agree. it's outdated. as far as religous freedom- just because nobody is burned at the stake, doesn't mean we are now free from religous influence from our government. it's just a little more subtle these days. if there is true separation, why is there a bible in a court room? just because we've "come a long ways", it doesn't mean we're there yet. i understanding what it means, and realize it's not quite so.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I thought Thomas Was Done Talking??? : We are a country founded on christian priciples by christian people.  That is a foundational truth.  Sep of church and state gives religious freedom.  But, our country is a christian-governed country.  We use bibles in our court of law, not korans.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Under American law no one is required to swear on the bible or make an oath to God. You can but it is not required by law, because it would be unconstitutional to have such a requirement. Instead people can opt to "solemnly affirm." No religious text need be used. Makes sense from a practical standpoint as well, for if an atheist was to make an oath to God, would they not by definition be committing perjury?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I'm done with this guy. What a moron.

I hate hyper-partisan partisan politics to begin with, but to be perfectly honest, this is making me not want to see Timmy in the net.

Get this guy out of town.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the fact that there is a bible IN THE COURT- is problem enough for me. love to see how a jury of "god-fearing" religous folks judge a person who rejects their bible. i'm guessing you were married in texas right red? *sarcasm* still a LOOONG way to go with this issue. it's like saying there is no such thing as racism these days because we got rid of segregated schools. not quite