Ian White calls Bettman an Idiot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Ian White calls Bettman an Idiot

Too bad many of you don't have TSN , maybe some of you computer savy Americans can find it somehwere.  For Canadians this a.m. you can catch SportsCenter.

Just as I thought, the 2week moratorium would get the players to lash out with insults in the media.

Ian White was the frist calling Bettman an "Idiot" .  said " I got to be honest I think Gary Bettman is an idiot . since he's come  has damaged the game" and goes on he doesn't know what he's going , putting teams in market places where hockey doesn't work, 3 lockouts ....

Well Ian, damaged the game ?? you forget in his reign hockey revenues have shot up and part has to do with the location of some teams, like it or not. 

Then there's comments by Jamal Myers, his exact words  " To think there is going to be a 2week  , I don't know what the fancy word they use , monotorium (his pronunciation) or  what have you , it's certainly disappointing. "

GET BACK ON THE ICE GUYS AND CUT YOUR LOSSES !

Now what ,  I can't get my Hostess Cup cakes, Twinkies and Ding Dongs when I come down !

Can you feel my bitterness ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Ian White calls Bettman an Idiot

I don't think Bettman wants the 2 week moratorium. Just a negotiating tactic.

As far as White calling Bettman an idiot. Until someone says a deal is struck, I don't care what anyone involved has to say at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You can say it's a tactic , I see it this way.  Wrote this below on another thread yesterday.

First comes the 2week moratorium, then comes the next cancellation of games till about end of December and finally comes the deadline for a season. 

Call it pressure tactics if you want , I see it as a "to do list "  in process of having a season or not.

Players are feeling it with all their comments of frustration to the media. Where's Chelios when you need him!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If it wasn't for Bettman a third pairing scrub like White wouldn't be in the league making the money he is and has.A matter of fact,take away the teams in the "bad" markets as they say and a lot of marginal players would be playing fulltime in Europe.NHLPA members should just shut their pie holes before they make themselves look any stupider than they already have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

To add to that, Ian White is making $ 2,875,000.00 this year according to capgeek, no wonder he's a bit upset.This lockout could cost him his career.Nearly $3 mil for this guy, and he's mouthing off about Bettman.White should be kissing Bettmans butt and sending him flowers everyday and while he's at it, send a text to the Fehr boys to get their azzes in gear. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Haha, Bettman is far from an idiot.

These players want the world and he's not giving in. Good for him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can say it's a tactic , I see it this way.  Wrote this below on another thread yesterday.

First comes the 2week moratorium, then comes the next cancellation of games till about end of December and finally comes the deadline for a season. 

Call it pressure tactics if you want , I see it as a "to do list "  in process of having a season or not.

Players are feeling it with all their comments of frustration to the media. Where's Chelios when you need him!!!

[/QUOTE]

To do list is much better put...I totally agree with the statement above, it's more like a series of events...notice how they havent cancelled any games recently..I think thats dead on, good find BS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I'd say Bettman is more like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. He's Mr Hyde when there's an NHL season for players to collect their higher salaries. He's Dr Jekyll when there's no season (or work stoppages) and players aren't collecting salaries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Definition of an idiot= a guy like Ian White calling Bettman an idiot!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please provide an example of player demands. These guys aren't on strike. They're locked out. Their demand of wanting contracts to be honoured doesn't seem like alot to ask for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think wanting a signed contract to be abided by is asking for the world. I also think that the players could give into the extra yr before free agency. I don't see that as a reason to hold up a deal. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If it wasn't for Bettman a third pairing scrub like White wouldn't be in the league making the money he is and has.A matter of fact,take away the teams in the "bad" markets as they say and a lot of marginal players would be playing fulltime in Europe.NHLPA members should just shut their pie holes before they make themselves look any stupider than they already have.

[/QUOTE]

Well said . 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definition of an idiot= a guy like Ian White calling Bettman an idiot!

[/QUOTE]

lol...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please provide an example of player demands. These guys aren't on strike. They're locked out. Their demand of wanting contracts to be honoured doesn't seem like alot to ask for.

[/QUOTE]

Dez, couldn't have said it better myself....

wonder how "motivated" the players are going to be when they return and after probably having conceded in many areas just to reach a deal....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

wonder how "motivated" the players are going to be when they return and after probably having conceded in many areas just to reach a deal....

[/QUOTE]

Yup, they'll reach a deal they could have had in September and then wonder what happened to all that lost money. They've already got their escrow checks, give a couple of weeks before wives start nagging.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If wondering about their motivation is a coded way of wondering if players won't put out  on the ice when they return, then they need to be replaced like any other million-dollar professional athlete who lays down.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If wondering about their motivation is a coded way of wondering if players won't put out  on the ice when they return, then they need to be replaced like any other million-dollar professional athlete who lays down.

[/QUOTE]

^^^^This^^^^^

Yea no freakin kidding! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i guess, if you're talking about replacing a fourth-line plugger or third-pairing d-man....  but those aren't the guys i'm worried about because they're always playing for their next contract....

the star players, not so easy to replace on the other hand....

that said, i don't think "motivation" will be a problem when they come back because i think nhl players have more respect for the fans than some, if not most, owners....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To add to that, Ian White is making $ 2,875,000.00 this year according to capgeek, no wonder he's a bit upset.This lockout could cost him his career.Nearly $3 mil for this guy, and he's mouthing off about Bettman.White should be kissing Bettmans butt and sending him flowers everyday and while he's at it, send a text to the Fehr boys to get their azzes in gear. 

[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't believe that.  Bettman is no idiot.  Bettman has not helped the NHL at all.  Who offers these contracts?  The owners!  Who is Bettman siding with?  The owners!   Players gave a lot when they gave up the cap the last time.   I don't blame players for taking the highest contracts.  I laugh at those who talk about loyalty.  It's a business.  I blame the owners.  They created this mess.  They continue to cheat the system they created.  Bettman keeps putting the screws to them.  

White should keep his yap shut.  He is a fringe player as you mentioned.  Sticks and stones Garbage doesn't work. 

Bettman is terrible for this sport.  I hope the nhlpa only agrees when Bettman steps down. 

please tell me the NHL has benefited from having Bettman. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In order to continue, the owners have asked the players to scale back their contracts a bit.  No one is going to go hungry due to the proposed scale back.  The millionaire players have refused to do so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I read in the Toronto Star that Bettman suggested to Fehr both sides take a two week break from negotiations. What is the strategy behind this if any at all?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In order to continue, the owners have asked the players to scale back their contracts a bit.  No one is going to go hungry due to the proposed scale back.  The millionaire players have refused to do so.

[/QUOTE]

What's left for the players after this.  No free agency until 28. Reduced contracts in years and money.  A cap that limits teams.  Yes these players are rich. But soon there will be no need for agents or gms bc the players haven no say.  The league is making money off their talents.  I get your entire I own it stance that the owners are taking.  But this is just stupid.  And you have yet to answer my question about all the last minute contracts and huge deals signed this summer up to lock out time.  The players should be able to sue.  Were the owners informed of all this on the first day of the lock out?  These guys new exactly what they were doing.  Why couldn't they play under the current cba.  The players would have.  And yet you still side with the owners.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Don't like the terms on the table ? Turn down the millions that are still being offered, and go play somewhere else. Just like they are doing right now.

The players can be right - or they can be rich.

Who's the idiot?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Graduate of Cornell and NYU Law, former VP and General Counsel for the NBA. NHL revenues have gone up tremendously under him since 93 when he took over. White should keep quiet and stop trying to embarrass himself.