I'd rather see Soderberg over Pev in the next round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd rather see Soderberg over Pev in the next round

Or Soderberg over anyone that is deemed not performing up to snuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Re: I'd rather see Soderberg over Pev in the next round

I honestly didn't see enough out of Soderberg in the regular season to warrant him taking anyone's spot. I also thought Peverley got a bit better as the last round wore on, even with his ups and downs.

So, until someone is injured or is a liability to the team, I say leave it as it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

I agree BH, Peverly isn't playing a grinding style or a scoring style and if you are not playing one of the two, next up and lets see what Soderberg can do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

BTW, how's the new Soderberg jersey?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I would be thrilled if Peverley never played another game for the Bruins

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

86% in the faceoff circle last night, 67% the night before. Peter Zezel's career was extened 4 extra years at the trade deadline because of how important faceoff wins are in the playoffs. Peverley will remain in the line even as bad as he has been offensively and he is a wet blanket.

Thornton sit ? No he protects the Bruins stars during the post-season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'd rather see Caron.  He's proven he can play the grinder role in the NHL already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I have Daugavins as my 13th forward right now. 

I would not replace Peverley quite yet, I am not certain the alternatives are better.  I would definitely not sit Thorton right now.  I was on that bandwagon, but I felt that line was very good in the first round and at 7 mins per game I can't think of one time where I was pissed at him.  He brought energy.  I don't think a replacement for him starts producing anyhow these guys are on the bench for a reason. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't see Peverley leaving the line up.

People will say Thornton had some good energy shifts last night. I hate the term, but I can't argue it. I didn't like seeing Colton Orr running around and targeting Chara on more than one occasion in the first period last night though. That needed to be adressed and it wasn't.

That said, I didnt see enough from Soderberg to suggest playing him over Thornton. But I better not see Asham and Pyatt running after Chara, especially with the injuries back there and how much he is going to be depended on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Thorts better do his job in the next series, the Bruins have to take controll from the opening face off and Shawn better clean someones clock. Then find a way to solve Lunquist, like good -bye.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I like that fourth line so I wouldnt touch it.  I dont think Sods will get in unless there are a couple injuries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I would like to see that but it will not happen.  CJ prefers to use 2 players from the 3rd line to kill penalties.  The Dog will play before Soda.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I don't see Peverley leaving the line up.

People will say Thornton had some good energy shifts last night. I hate the term, but I can't argue it. I didn't like seeing Colton Orr running around and targeting Chara on more than one occasion in the first period last night though. That needed to be adressed and it wasn't.

That said, I didnt see enough from Soderberg to suggest playing him over Thornton. But I better not see Asham and Pyatt running after Chara, especially with the injuries back there and how much he is going to be depended on.

I like Thonton but i have noticed he does not seem to be the intimadating force out there that he needs to be to play his roll. That seems to be a carry over from the regular season and that is hard to change in the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

I'd rather see Caron.  He's proven he can play the grinder role in the NHL already.

You'd also rather they lost Game 7 vs. Toronto because you are sick of the roller coaster.  Or, that's what you said at least.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

86% in the faceoff circle last night, 67% the night before. Peter Zezel's career was extened 4 extra years at the trade deadline because of how important faceoff wins are in the playoffs. Peverley will remain in the line even as bad as he has been offensively and he is a wet blanket.

Thornton sit ? No he protects the Bruins stars during the post-season.

Peverley in the faceoff circle is a wizard.  Soderberg?  C'mon, Bhab.  We don't even know if the guy can play NHL hockey.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

BTW, how's the new Soderberg jersey?

Haven't found a Soderberg jersey yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

86% in the faceoff circle last night, 67% the night before.

Exactly. With numbers like those he will remain in the lineup.

Winning faceoffs is imperative to CJ's system and this guy is simply on of the best on the team right now in this regard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You'd also rather they lost Game 7 vs. Toronto because you are sick of the roller coaster.  Or, that's what you said at least.

Yeah, even I can't get behind the Caron idea.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That is what I said.  Whats your point?

These guys make millions of dollars to play a game of which is supported by ppl like me.  I have a right to at least expect a that my team tries to win a game 5 in the Stanley Cup tournament.  If you're ok with what you saw in game 5 and a couple other games in that series than your not a fan, you're a lap-dog.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Who did Peverley face most at the dot?  Based on percentages, I'd guess Kadri, not sure though. 

Killing it at face-offs can often be a result of a mismatch.  So certainly Peverley will be in game one, with the hope that he continues his dominance.  If he can't replicate his performance against Toronto though, he looses his biggest plus at the moment.  I don't know if that's enough to put Daugavins or Soderberg in over him, though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, then sit Thornton out.  Let's get serious, how much purpose does this guy have now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Problem with inserting Soderberg onto the roster is that he has no playoff experience in the NHL whereas guys like Peverley and Thornton have won Cups.

I liked what I saw of him at the end of the season, but I only seeing him joining the active roster if the B's fall behind in the series due to lack of offense, which is a very likely scenario against a tough Ranger team with an outstanding goalie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Right now the lines should remain the same.  The eupohoia of team play in the last game might be capped for success against the Rangers.  Yet, if lethargic play does raise it's ugly head in the game then CJ should shuffle the lines.  As I said in another thread, move Jagr to the first line, Horton to the second line, and Seguin to the third line.  The third line would be a speed line.  Jagr's skill at getting the puck to the net would not be lost on Perverly or Kelly.  Horton would give size to the second line and with a more creative Marchand, a solid line with Bergeron.  BTW I though Soderberg did well in the regular season, but he is not ready for playoff hockey in the NHL.  I would like to be wrong if he does play nonetheless.  Aposiopesis.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Pevs is 1 for 1 on goals on passes from Jagr, what more do you want.

I keep Pevs ahead of Kelly and the complete 4th line.  Thorn what a freakin joke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

As I said in another thread, move Jagr to the first line, Horton to the second line, and Seguin to the third line.  The third line would be a speed line.

You've got the speed line part right, with Peverley-Kelly-Seguin together today at practice.  Horton was left where he was though, and Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr together.