I'd rather see Soderberg over Pev in the next round

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Re: I'd rather see Soderberg over Pev in the next round

In response to bim09's comment:

I'd rather see Caron.  He's proven he can play the grinder role in the NHL already.

EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

I want thorts in for the first couple games of any series incase the Bs need to adjust the tone of the game.  After the first 2 games of a series his value goes down in my eyes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

After todays practice it looks like JJ & Seguin are switching. Having Seguin with Peverly & Kelly. I like this idea for one reason as Isla says. The whole line has speed. They're the 3rd line, so at home ice at least. CJ can put that speed against the least mobile pairings. Marchand & JJ has shown some better signs of chemistry than with Pevs & Kelly. The other thing I would like to see IF this doesn't work? Put Peverly on the 4th & bring Paille with Seguin & Kelly. The B's are going to need score a lot of goals off the rush. The Rangers block an average of 23 shots a game! That's insane! This is where the B's need to utilize that speed. Also the Rangers don't give up a lot odd man rushes, so the B's are going to have to skate hard all the time in order to create them. Also, the d-men are going to have to keep an eye on Callahan. He's a wrecking ball & one of the best forecheckers in the game when he's on it. He's not as strong as Lucic, but he's faster. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

These guys make millions of dollars to play a game of which is supported by ppl like me.  I have a right to at least expect a that my team tries to win a game 5 in the Stanley Cup tournament.  If you're ok with what you saw in game 5 and a couple other games in that series than your not a fan, you're a lap-dog.

So because you wanted them to win game 5 and they didn't ....................you then decided you wanted them to lose game 7.

Yup, makes perfectly good sense to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I'd rather see Caron.  He's proven he can play the grinder role in the NHL already.

I Totally agree. Caron is a grinder with some scoing touch and Soderberg seemed to get knocked around and down alot at the end of the season. He has a learning curve to go through with toughening up and using his 6'3 220 size in the NHL...I'm just not sure the playoffs is the right time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to savybergy77's comment:

I Totally agree. Caron is a grinder with some scoing touch and Soderberg seemed to get knocked around and down alot at the end of the season. He has a learning curve to go through with toughening up and using his 6'3 220 size in the NHL...I'm just not sure the playoffs is the right time.

Is there more than one Caron in the Bruins organization?? You certainly can not be referring to Jordan.

Soderberg fit alot better than Caron during his short stint with the team, he may not have scored but he was regularily involved in his line's cycling of the puck and looked like he belonged.

If the B's need to bring in another forward I would bet Julian would call on Soderberg, or even Daugavins before Caron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I rather go with Peverly over Soderberg my reasoning is Peverly has the expierence in big playoff games. The other reasons are he can take face offs, his speed, plus Claude plays him on the PP every now in then. I do not agree with everything Claude does but I think Peverly is a better option. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Caron, a scoring touch ? eh......???

And Soderberg is not ready.

Don't forget that Pevs and Jagr don't fit together. But he once had a chemistry with Kelly, and, who knows with Seguin ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Or Soderberg over anyone that is deemed not performing up to snuff.

Problem with inserting Soderberg onto the roster is that he has no playoff experience in the NHL whereas guys like Peverley and Thornton have won Cups.

I liked what I saw of him at the end of the season, but I only seeing him joining the active roster if the B's fall behind in the series due to lack of offense, which is a very likely scenario against a tough Ranger team with an outstanding goalie.

Peverley had 6 games playoff experience before the cup run. Seguin 0, Marchand 0....you get my point. Obviously you want your big guns to have experience, but I'm not upset over 3rd liners not having experience.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

when Kelly and Peverley are not scoring it's like sending out another 4th line, when they are on they make a difference but they havent been on very much this year