Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid

Waive Pouliot

I dont think Hamill would make much of a difference

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

i don't think this is a bad idea

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I like this idea.  One of the thoughts behind the Pouliot signing was that he would come out hungry to prove he isn't a bust.  So far, he's only proven his previous 2 teams correct in their assessment of him.

Hamill has also been labeled a bust, but is two years younger and hasn't been given a chance in the NHL yet.  Time to see if Hamill can give the team anything.  At the very least, hopefully he at least plays with the urgency they were hoping to see out of Pouliout.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Caron looked better than Pouliot.
    Right now Pouliot might be lost . His problem was between his ears his whole career and once he starts to get benched his confidence is too low and difficult to re-cooperate. Not sure how many more chances Julien will give the guy.
    I would not play with the the 3 first lines. Keep them together at least for another game.
    The 4th line looked a little better Saturday but it's time to try something new. Maybe Thorton would have to sit the same way Paille did most of last season. 
    Fill in that spot with someone from Providence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid

Sit Pouliot and Thorton for a game.

Lines:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Peverley-Hamill-Kelly
    MacDermid-Campbell-Paille

Hamill's got 9 in 11 in Providence and MacDermid showed a lot of spark in the preseason, something that ST has been completely lacking. I actually think MacDermd s a better finisher than ST as well.

I think Hamill deserves a chance with the way this team is performing and if he can actually bring some playmaking and offense to that third line it could really help take pressure off the Bergy line. And anyone to replace pouliot at this point would be an improvement. If hamill could put 4-5pts in a 9 game tryout I'd love to see pouliot packing his bags.

I also think sitting ST sends a strong message even though he's a fourth liner. It should be a bit of a wakeup call to the other 3rd/4th liners that it doesnt matter who you are. Do nothing and you will sit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid:
    [QUOTE]Sit Pouliot and Thorton for a game. Lines: Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin Peverley-Hamill-Kelly MacDermid-Campbell-Paille Hamill's got 9 in 11 in Providence and MacDermid showed a lot of spark in the preseason, something that ST has been completely lacking. I actually think MacDermd s a better finisher than ST as well. I think Hamill deserves a chance with the way this team is performing and if he can actually bring some playmaking and offense to that third line it could really help take pressure off the Bergy line. And anyone to replace pouliot at this point would be an improvement. If hamill could put 4-5pts in a 9 game tryout I'd love to see pouliot packing his bags. I also think sitting ST sends a strong message even though he's a fourth liner. It should be a bit of a wakeup call to the other 3rd/4th liners that it doesnt matter who you are. Do nothing and you will sit.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Where's Caron in all of this ?

you think he should be sent down ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid : If we are struggling to score goals moving Paille to the third line seems like a step backwards. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Agree ,  Paille's place is on the 4th line otherwise he or Thorton are healthy scratches.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid:[QUOTE]Sit Pouliot and Thorton for a game. Lines: Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin Peverley-Hamill-Kelly MacDermid-Campbell-Paille Hamill's got 9 in 11 in Providence and MacDermid showed a lot of spark in the preseason, something that ST has been completely lacking. I actually think MacDermd s a better finisher than ST as well. I think Hamill deserves a chance with the way this team is performing and if he can actually bring some playmaking and offense to that third line it could really help take pressure off the Bergy line. Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

A very good idea especially if Chiarelli has decided to hold of on a trade because he hasn't found the right deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking of this myself.  Originally it was just MacDermind on the fourth line, and move Paille to the third.  But now I wouldn't mind giving Hamill another chance. My original idea: Lucic          Krejci       Horton Marchand   Bergeron   Seguin Paille          Kelly       Peverley MacDermid  Campbell  Thornton You might say, how does this help our offense?  It doesn't directly.  But it will change the energy and the top lines will start picking up the slack.  More goons is always good for this team. 
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

If we are struggling to score goals moving Paille to the third line seems like a step backwards. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid : Where's Caron in all of this ? you think he should be sent down ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Good point, I think someone would have to be so he would be the most likely candidate. I dont think he's quite deserving of being sent down but I think putting MacDermid in for ST makes sense.

He's got a 2way contract to be taken advantage of so why not do it. If MacD svcks after 2 games send him back down and put Caron back in. Maybe Paille takes a seat for a game or 2 as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Basically, I think they have the mentality they have nothing to prove. They won the cup and don't have the extra umf to skate as hard as they should. It wont change until you plug in two or three guys that have not won it yet and challenge the team to put the effort in. I say a major shakeup is in order. I think you send Krecji and maybe even Rask packing for say Nash? Something to make the team go whoa...time to wake up

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I would like to see Lane MacDermid get a shot on the 4th line at some point this season.  I don't think Hamill would make much difference.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Hamill, yes, but MacDermid hasn't proven anything yet. If he pots a dozen goals by the end of November then give him a shot but he's the typical average skating, average shooting and inexperienced player who'll be turnstyled by the better players in the NHL.
    For example, if the B's had Colborne, who already has 8 goals, 8 assists in 9 games in the AHL, I'd say call him up! But the B's have nobody doing any scoring down there, except Hamill.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

"I would not play with the the 3 first lines. Keep them together at least for another game.
    The 4th line looked a little better Saturday but it's time to try something new. Maybe Thorton would have to sit the same way Paille did most of last season. 
    Fill in that spot with someone from Providence."
      -BsLegion

Yes, because tinkering with the line that plays 8-11 minutes per game will really turn things around.

The problems are pretty clear:
     - The Krejci-Lucic-Horton line has their heads up their collective butts.
     - Marchand has fizzled since a decent start, taking Bergeron with him.
     - Most everyone else simply isn't a "finisher" but a third line level player (Kelly, Peverly, Pouliot, Caron)

The only consistency is coming from a fairly productive Seguin and a fourth line doing what fourth lines do (and that doesn't mean scoring).

The players that are being paid for offensive production are not producing offense.  Plain and simple.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Problem with Pouliot is also expectations.  He's a guy who has never been a huge scorer - not really - at any level.  He's been worse than usual, so this isn't the only problem, but it's part of it.  He was drafted to be what Lucic is - a big body, physical player with some touch.  Fail.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

I also thought of this ... and then I realized, it's Zach Freaking Hamill. What a strange way to open the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I also thought of this ... and then I realized, it's Zach Freaking Hamill. What a strange way to open the season.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

The few times I've seen Hamill in the NHL I think he's looked at least as good as Pouliot or Caron(this year).

Hamill: NHL GP4 0-2-2

Pouliot: This year NHL GP 8 0-0-0

Why not???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Lucic/Krejci/Horton
    Marshmont/Bergeron/Seguin
    Peverley/Hamill/Whitney
    Campbell/Kelly/Paille

waive Pouliot
    Caron sent to Providence
    Thornton the extra F (shares time with Paille)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Personally, I think its embarassing how much attention Hamill gets on this site. Given his first three dismal years in the organization, if he were pulling a Gretzky this year in the AHL I might consider calling the guy up. As it is, I cant wait until he fades awaaaaaayyy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic/Krejci/Horton Marshmont/Bergeron/Seguin Peverley/Hamill/Whitney Campbell/Kelly/Paille waive Pouliot Caron sent to Providence Thornton the extra F (shares time with Paille)
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

KrazieJoe may not be so crazy after all.  I like the suggestion.  More offense for the third line and a solidifying presence for the 4th line so they stop giving up so many goals.  Thornton and Paille can rotate depending on the oponent and how they are playing.  I think that 4th line also has potential to put up some goals as well.  I would not mind watching them get the 8-10 minutes that CJ usually gives them.

We only have six players that you can argue are top 6 so that should be easy.  The challenge is figuring out how to get the most out of the bottom 6.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I think its embarassing how much attention Hamill gets on this site. Given his first three dismal years in the organization, if he were pulling a Gretzky this year in the AHL I might consider calling the guy up. As it is, I cant wait until he fades awaaaaaayyy.
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

It's partly a running joke.  But he is having a better start than in any of his past years, and wishful thinking is a powerful drug.  With 5 goals in 11 games, his goal scoring is up 343% over last year (on a game by game basis). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hamill and Camper, along with Stefan Chaput (acquired last year in a nothing deal for McGrattan and Sean Zimmerman) and Khudobin have kept the P-Bruins out of the cellar for now.  With Whitfield and Sauve out, Arniel and Hennessey, has Hamill actually - gasp - stepped up?

Probably not.  But I'd love to see it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]"I would not play with the the 3 first lines. Keep them together at least for another game. The 4th line looked a little better Saturday but it's time to try something new. Maybe Thorton would have to sit the same way Paille did most of last season.  Fill in that spot with someone from Providence."   -BsLegion Yes, because tinkering with the line that plays 8-11 minutes per game will really turn things around. The problems are pretty clear:  - The Krejci-Lucic-Horton line has their heads up their collective butts.  - Marchand has fizzled since a decent start, taking Bergeron with him.  - Most everyone else simply isn't a "finisher" but a third line level player (Kelly, Peverly, Pouliot, Caron) The only consistency is coming from a fairly productive Seguin and a fourth line doing what fourth lines do (and that doesn't mean scoring). The players that are being paid for offensive production are not producing offense.  Plain and simple.
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

well you see Buzz the subject here was to bring up guys that most likely belong on the 4th line therefore I discussed the 4th line.
    I did mention something about the other 3lines and I would not want to see another shuffle.  They need to start getting some chemistry.  For example, Horton, Lucic and Krejci line looked better than it did at the beginning.  Let em play together afew more games and also Krejci will come around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Things could be worse. We could be talking calling up Sean Avery.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid : The few times I've seen Hamill in the NHL I think he's looked at least as good as Pouliot or Caron(this year). Hamill: NHL GP4 0-2-2 Pouliot: This year NHL GP 8 0-0-0 Why not???
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

No reason especially when Arneil and Sauve come back to take that icetime back from Zach. Hamill could still get reps in Providence during the weekend (PBruins don't play during the week) after playing a few games with the Bs during the week.