If Boston.com Dosen't Fix This Forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

If Boston.com Dosen't Fix This Forum

If this paper dosen't fix this forum, I'm wondering if long time posters would have another place to carry on Bruin discussions like those found here ?

And if there was another site, could not one of the long time posters here ( or several ), be moderators ? We would have a true Bruin discussion forum AND control the trolls.

Just curious...I appreciate the Bruin talk in here and I would very much like this to continue, if not here, some place else....Thanks for your guys imput over the time since I've come here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: If Boston.com Dosen't Fix This Forum

It's an idea, or someone smarter than me can create one where it's an invite only.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Broken forum, Bleacher Report articles on the front page, no hockey, Troll-ville...

Over the years, I've formed some great relationships here, but I'm done until things return to normal.  This place is a disgrace.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't always agree with NAS but I do here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I get that the features aren't where they used to be and i['m not happy either, but for cryin out loud we all need to relax. This forum will always be as good as the posters want to make it - content is king. And it's free.

We've said our peace about what needs to improve. Let's just have some patience, give the BDC folks time to figure it out, and see what comes of it. Clearly there was a service provider/financial decision that was made here, and given it's a free forum I can see why decisions like this need to be made.

If we had actual hockey to talk about, the changes wouldn't be nearly such a deal. Just give it time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Long way to go here for sure, but if people start abandoning it mid-transition, it's dead. And there isn't another option that I'm aware of. Someone might propose the HF boards, but...whooo boy. The initial post in the thread permanently at the top of the list of threads says they are working to restore features.  They've already done more about one troll than they've done to address trolls for years.  If the Bleacher Report stuff becomes more and more prominent, then yeah, maybe they're killing the forum, but until then, I'll stick around and see where it goes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think a short-term hiatus may be called for.  Not out of spite, but to give them a chance to fix things before I get any more frustrated.

However anonymous and impersonal the realtionships with other posters may be, I really appreciate them.  I would miss the community here and the debates.

I hope BDC will follow through on improvements.  If not, they shouldn't have asked for our feedback.  I'll check back in about a week.  Let's try to be patient...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

2000 and f'n 12 - working to restore features ?  seriously ?

Who cares about blocking what some mental case was posting on a hockey forum ?

Yay...the "troll" is gone , but the new site is useless - nice job folks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I hope everyone doesn't abandon the site. I'd hate to have to look for real friends after all this time.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

i'm taking a break. I'll come back if BDC gets it's house in order.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

hfboards, only place I can think of.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Prosportsdaily.com also has a decent forum with good regular posters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not finding the site useless, but annoyingly inefficient to use.  Reading and commenting aren't much affected, and if you don't care about the trolls then the loss of things like ignore shouldn't bother you.

So don't worry dez, we can have our own dialogue.  We'll just get a bunch of different avatars with their own personalities, like N-A-Z, ChowdairKid, shupperman, JoWensink, and Fletcher2.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Bookboy007s comment:

I'm not finding the site useless, but annoyingly inefficient to use.  Reading and commenting aren't much affected, and if you don't care about the trolls then the loss of things like ignore shouldn't bother you.

So don't worry dez, we can have our own dialogue.  We'll just get a bunch of different avatars with their own personalities, like N-A-Z, ChowdairKid, shupperman, JoWensink, and Fletcher2.

Those guys sound like a bunch of losers...

Other message boards stink, hf in particular.  They really do.  I'm not leaving, but I will take a short hiatus so I don't get too frustrated here.  Keep sending Dottie notes people -- you can click on her profile name and then send her a message.  Keep up the fight...

I do like Chowd airKid  with the French pronounciation.  Reminds me a favorite Simpsons epidsode...Say Chowdah!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1 comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007s comment:

Those guys sound like a bunch of loser...

Other message boards stink, hf in particular.  They really do.  I'm not leaving, but I will take a short hiatus so I don't get too frustrated here.  Keep sending Dottie notes people -- you can click on her profile name and then send her a message.  Keep up the fight...

I do like Chowd airKid  with the French pronounciation.  Reminds me a favorite Simpsons epidsode...Say Chowdah!

Season 5, episode 20. The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just when I thought dez couldn't be any geekier...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nevermind, i thought about it, and all i'd be really doing is bailing on my hockey pals..Or taking my ball and going home....not my style.

Lets all start private messaging BDCDottie, in a nice way, see if he/she can work some magic.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Just when I thought dez couldn't be any geekier...

I thought he was kidding about having meatware friends.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nope, he's real and he's magnificent. Just ask him!