If B's and AV's traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

If B's and AV's traded

Now that fans know that Stewart and Shattenkirk were available would'nt it of made more sense for PC to of used his numerous assets on these two instead of Kaberle, Kelly, and Peverly. Both are young and getting better plus they would of filled the B's need of a top 6 forward (Stewart is a gifted goal scorer) and an offensive defensemen. A deal for these two would of been the best of both worlds for the present and the future as the AV's guys are 22 and 23 respectively. I'd like to think the AV's would of been intrigued if PC offered 2 picks in 2011 (TO 1st and the 2nd the B's spent on Kelly), any 2 prospects and any 2 or 3 roster players not named Chara, Thomas, Rask, Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, or Lucic. Just a thought.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: If B's and AV's traded

I'm gonna let NAS take this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A major need for the team was a #2 defenseman.

Kaberle is one.

Shattenkirk is not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: If B's and AV's traded:
    [QUOTE]I think it is a pretty good analysis by KJ. I am the obnoxious poster who keeps insisting we have only a couple of Top Six forwards. Adding another one - and getting Krecji and Horton to play to their Top Six talent levels on a consistent basis - would go a long way to finally bringing home the Cup.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

Yes, it would be great.  The problems is that you can't get players like that unless you part with similar value.  The OP restricts all of the B's quality players.  St. Louis sent Eric Johnson.

Colorado would take the confirmed over a couple of maybes and 2-3 second tier players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

We did not have an Erik Johnson to trade for them...simple as that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The fact remains that neither team were really not sellers but buyers to take one last shot at making the playoffs. Longshot ? probably but a new direction for both teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]We did not have an Erik Johnson to trade for them...simple as that.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

Huge risk on both sides in this deal so it's basically a lateral move for right now. That's not the type of deal PC needed to make.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If B's and AV's traded : Bingo. Huge risk on both s
    ides in this deal so it's basically a lateral move for right now. That's not the type of deal PC needed to make.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Nevertheless, 2 picks of which Tor 1st is one and a prospect (colbourne) or simply wheeler and Stuart would most definitely have made the Avs foam at the mouth.

Both sides would have been winners.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

In Response to If B's and AV's traded:
    [QUOTE]Now that fans know that Stewart and Shattenkirk were available would'nt it of made more sense for PC to of used his numerous assets on these two instead of Kaberle, Kelly, and Peverly. Both are young and getting better plus they would of filled the B's need of a top 6 forward (Stewart is a gifted goal scorer) and an offensive defensemen. A deal for these two would of been the best of both worlds for the present and the future as the AV's guys are 22 and 23 respectively. I'd like to think the AV's would of been intrigued if PC offered 2 picks in 2011 (TO 1st and the 2nd the B's spent on Kelly), any 2 prospects and any 2 or 3 roster players not named Chara, Thomas, Rask, Seguin, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, or Lucic. Just a thought.   
    Posted by KJBruinswin[/QUOTE]

You're starting to sound like all the Leafs fans here in Toronto when they talk about trades. I'm sure teams always talk about trades etc with other teams and I'm sure Boston would have heard about Stl or Col looking to tarde so and so. Maybe the only reason Colorado even makes that trade is because they wanted
    Johnson and no one else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Very different trade involving very different needs for the teams trading....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Nevertheless, 2 picks of which Tor 1st is one and a prospect (colbourne) or simply wheeler and Stuart would most definitely have made the Avs foam at the mouth.

The D from CO had no where near the experience of a TB. Probably the same reason PC didn't go after ZB in Atanta. Nobody who was on the market is better than TK. He brings the biggest need to the B's defense. I think PC adressed the need & I appreciated his aggessivness on it. Did he over pay? I don't think he did. If it was last yrs draft? Then maybe I'd say he gave up too much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Stewart is a power forward who is not as good as Milan Lucic.  Shattenkirk is mobile defenseman who is about on par with Steven Kampfer.  If the Bruins offered the Avs Lucic and Kampfer they might have gotten the same return.  I am happier with what the Bruins got elsewhere.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I would have given Wheels and Stuart and our 2nd for Stewart and 3rd
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]

Yes! I would've too, but how stupid do you think Sherman is?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I would have given Wheels and Stuart and our 2nd for Stewart and 3rd
    Posted by rockett7[/QUOTE]

Comical that you'd want a their 3rd rounder also.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I wanted speed to come in for the Bruins along with a PP QB I got both from Chiarelli. Any combination of Johnson, Brewer, Stewart nor Shattenkirk would've provided what I wanted so the Bruins are better for it.

St. Louis I beleive wanted to shed a little bit of salary because they are done and the new investors requested it.

"but Julien said during his post-practice media briefing that he would probably give a line of Michael Ryder, Chris Kelly and Peverley a shot."

The Bruins with speed is so much more fun to watch and tougher to play against.