If B's go out in first two rounds will Julien be fired?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

If B's go out in first two rounds will Julien be fired?

I think its time to cut the cord, the B's have the talent to win in the next few years but this guy is holding them down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: If B's go out in first two rounds will Julien be fired?

Only Neely and PC know the answer to this question, but if they feel there is a better option than CJ, then they probably will fire him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If they go down because of coaching, then he should be.  If they go down for other reasons (injuries, more talented opponenent) then he should not be.  Saying loss=fire is not looking at the total package.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: If B's go out in first two rounds will Julien be fired?:
    [QUOTE]If they go down because of coaching, then he should be.  If they go down for other reasons (injuries, more talented opponenent) then he should not be.  Saying loss=fire is not looking at the total package.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I agree. It depends on the circumstances.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Also one thing to consider when firing any coach. Is there a replacement out there that the GM likes enough to believe that he would take the team to the next level and who that person might be ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Does Julien's system best suit this group of players?  If not and we go out early because of it, then it's time to find someone else, and that's the responsibility and duty of the GM and President.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

It will be both Chia and Claude that get the axe.Look for a big name to fill both GM and Coaching duties to start season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

There is certainly some potential for mitigating circumstance; but even so I'd say it is more likely than not that Julien would be fired if they don't at least make the Conference Finals.

He's been their coach for four years now.  For whatever reason, NHL coaches not named Ruff tend to have a limited shelf-life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Should he be?

Yes

Will he be?

????????????????

Do you guys think CJ would be picked up somewhere? I think any bottom team would love to nab CJ and hope to get off the ground.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Should he be? Yes Will he be? ???????????????? Do you guys think CJ would be picked up somewhere? I think any bottom team would love to nab CJ and hope to get off the ground.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Yes

No

No

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Depends what the reaso nis - if it's because of Lundquist or Price completely standing on their heads? No. Another  reason where coaching is more of a factor? Maybe.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]If they go down because of coaching, then he should be.  If they go down for other reasons (injuries, more talented opponenent) then he should not be.  Saying loss=fire is not looking at the total package.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Would allowing your team to blow 3-0 and 3-0 count?  What about a BENCH minor, too many ment with 5 mins left in game 7?  Everyone blames savvy or sobotka, but when I played hockey, the coach always took the blame for too many men, and then he took it out on the players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

They should absolutely fire him, this guy has had more chances than any NHL coach I can remember in the past 10 years, except for maybe Keenan who is wacked.

I would go one step further though, and send Chia with Claude.  This is his team, his coach, and he has put far too much stock on good not great players, one AWFUL coach, a second coach who's good for what he provided which is putting us back in the playoff pictures.  Chia's extension of Claude and every other player this team has seen has been crazy, and I can't believe JJ has gone along with it.

PC falls in love with muckers and grinders as much as clod, therefore, both should be shown the door if we can get a good replacement.  I sure wish JJ ponied up the dough for Shero when he had the chance, instead of settling on PC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Depends on how JJ's hotdog and beer sales are going. If sales are still up no need to fire the coach because the season was a success in his book.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

question to all you haters, IF the bruins(notice i said BRUINS, not clode) win the cup, will clode all of the sudden be a great coach? you're all posting what if's..."if the bruins lose will julien...". here's mine, simple question...i await your bountiful insight

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Depends on how JJ's hotdog and beer sales are going. If sales are still up no need to fire the coach because the season was a success in his book.
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Don't underestimate how shrewd they've become.

They now know how firing a GM can calm the natives and probably regret that they didn't pull the trigger on MOC earlier.

PC I would guess is smart enought to build the cost of firing a coach into the budget.

So 2 years left on CJ's contact.  Time to think like the JJ's.
    First round bounce or some other disaster like another 3-0 come back or something similar.  They won't really get much mileage out of firing him at the end of the disaster, that won't sell any tickets as everyone will forget over the summer and "gee! look! a new coach!" doesn't really excite that many people come fall.

And don't forget that you can sell a lot of hot dogs in those playoff games.

Thinking and writing at the same time here, I guess it would simply be ticket sales.

With the team achieving playoff quality, ticket sales are pretty good.
    So no immediate need to pull the plug on CJ.

They would probably be OK with eating one year of contract, but not 2.

When they do it, they have to get maximum traction with the black and gold faithful.

So it has to be Neely that makes the announcement, fans would love to think the quintessential Bruin is taking names and kicking tail.

My conclusion: we're stuck with CJ for another year no matter what.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

BadHab, if he wins the Cup he'd be only the sixth coach to do it, and the first who has also won a Jack Adams.

He'd be lauded as a hero.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]question to all you haters, IF the bruins(notice i said BRUINS, not clode) win the cup, will clode all of the sudden be a great coach? you're all posting what if's..."if the bruins lose will julien...". here's mine, simple question...i await your bountiful insight
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

If the Bruins win the cup, I still don't like CJ.  I don't like the way he handles young talent.  Kessel, ok, I can give that to him because his attitude is infamous and it shows. 

But Seguin?

The kid has a great attitude and his comments about his latest benching are as positive as they can be.

I feel cheated with Seguin.

There should be a "feel good" story there no matter what.  Benchings or no.

As hard as TS works, always at every optional practice, not one quote out of place all year, not one picture at some club in Boston drinking underage or anything like that - and why don't I feel good about this?

Part of a coach's job has to be the politics of saying things that keep idiots like me happy and buying Bruins tickets and Bruins diapers and Bruins logo cat collars.

Instead these benchings have been, well, I don't know how to describe them, bitter? embarassing?

For my taste I haven't heard enough positives from the coach and management.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

depends on how they go out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from onelasttry. Show onelasttry's posts

Claude is a very good, not great coach.  I don't see better waiting in the wings unless you want to take a crap-shoot.  Give him a true star, Savvy almost counted, and some offence to work with and I think he can grow.  Not a bad job for a guy who has had to seriously improvise..Glad we kept Tank, many of you wanted him gone, I still love him.  Seguin will grow but he needs time, come back in 3 years or more and look at the talent he displays.  We need that big strong centre.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If B's go out in first two rounds will Julien be fired? : If the Bruins win the cup, I still don't like CJ.  I don't like the way he handles young talent.  Kessel, ok, I can give that to him because his attitude is infamous and it shows.  But Seguin? The kid has a great attitude and his comments about his latest benching are as positive as they can be. I feel cheated with Seguin. There should be a "feel good" story there no matter what.  Benchings or no. As hard as TS works, always at every optional practice, not one quote out of place all year, not one picture at some club in Boston drinking underage or anything like that - and why don't I feel good about this? Part of a coach's job has to be the politics of saying things that keep idiots like me happy and buying Bruins tickets and Bruins diapers and Bruins logo cat collars. Instead these benchings have been, well, I don't know how to describe them, bitter? embarassing? For my taste I haven't heard enough positives from the coach and management.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Beeen around hockey for a long time and the way they have handled Seguin is sleeeeeeeeeezy.This year was more about the Kessel damage control and less about developing a talented 18 year old.This kid got caught in the middle.In the summer I said Claude wont not be interested,I wish the rules would alow AHL play for Seguin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The "is there anyone better" argument is a false one in my opinion. Every coach starts somewhere so just because someone has not been fired before and is now unemployed does not mean a team looking for a new coach has no options. Experience does not always mean better. For example, who would you prefer Bylsma or Keenan? Just a season and a half ago Bylsma had never coached an NHL game..

If Julien can not take this team deep in the playoffs then someone else deserves a shot....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Winning the Cup would be Jacobs worst nightmare come true. He has a small yet feircely loyal and spending fanbase. It's far better for him to keep the fans hungry for a Cup and spending at the highest level they've ever spent at (raised ticket prices 3 out of the last 4 years despite winning nothing) and just dangle that carrot in front of us.

Win a Cup once and the fans will want/expect one every year. Be good enough but not too good. It's Called Bruins

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

40years... you are an amazing 0-163!!! how do you do it? keep up the good work, we hang on your every word.