If PK wins the Norris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If PK wins the Norris

I love this guys game, when he actually plays the right way. I, along with Shupe & Kel think he'll one day win a Norris. However, I don't think he should get one now. Too many d-men with far better class & attitude have won this award & PK STILL has a lot of growing up to do. I think him winning this award this early will only increase his arrogance & make him worse. He needs to be shown that his demeaner isn't acceptable in the NHL. Give him an award will mean his behavior is OK. He needs to be snubbed by not even being on the ballot inspite of his great season. When he asks why; someone should tell him.  "Your behavior & how you conduct yourself isn't accepted." To have this guys name on the Norris Trophy as he is right now will be a travesty to the great names engraved on this trophy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: If PK wins the Norris

If he wins the Norris, Shupe and myself get to say we told you so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If he wins the Norris it'll be official that playing in your own end no longer really matters for a D man. Good on him being such a weapon on the PP but I've never seen a player with such a high percentage of points with the extra man. On the other side of the coin, PK is sixth among Habs D men when they are a man down. Which game situation seems more indicative of what you should expect of the game's best defenseman? I'll take a shutdown guy like Chara or Suter or Weber every time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

If he wins the Norris it'll be official that playing in your own end no longer really matters for a D man. Good on him being such a weapon on the PP but I've never seen a player with such a high percentage of points with the extra man. On the other side of the coin, PK is sixth among Habs D men when they are a man down. Which game situation seems more indicative of what you should expect of the game's best defenseman? I'll take a shutdown guy like Chara or Suter or Weber every time.

I think he's better defensivley than you suggest. Him not having as much minutes on the penalty kill has more to do with his ice time in other situations. They do lead the league in power play oppurtunties, which he is out there for a pretty significant amount of time. he is averaging over 23 mins a game, and has a couple of game where he plyed over 30 minutes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

as I said in another thread it makes me sick to think this arrogant jerk will have his name on same trophy as Orr. He's likely the most talented of today's Dmen, other than Karlson (sp?). But he isn't even average in his own end in my books so I agree Dez, it will be official, your own end doesn't matter for the Norris.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Watched him closely the other night against Philly. Some very ugly play from him in his own end. I still don't think he has that part of his game figured out yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I think he's better defensivley than you suggest. Him not having as much minutes on the penalty kill has more to do with his ice time in other situations. They do lead the league in power play oppurtunties, which he is out there for a pretty significant amount of time. he is averaging over 23 mins a game, and has a couple of game where he plyed over 30 minutes.

The fact his offense outshines his defense means nothing to me.  Hes good offensively and bc he is he is able to get out of his own zone.  He plays top minutes.  I dont think being young or arrogant-cocky means he shouldnt win the award.  To me he should win this year.   Hes played great.   I think he has some room to grow playing in his own end but hes above avg in his own end bc of his overall game.  

- skating is above avg.  grapes called him the best skating dman in hockey. Not sure i agree as EK owns that

- passing is above avg

- shot blocking is good

- physical game is definitely there.  i dont like a big chunk of it but he hits

- both ends he is above avg and excels in offensive side of game. 

- kills pims, anchors amazing pp, plays big minutes

his numbers are better then i thought but i watched a lot of him this year and to me he is the winner.  It might be bc guys like webber, chara have had off yrs.   

this entire dez vs shupe debate was great hockey talk.  In most instances i would agree that you need time before crowning someone.  I just felt that from what i saw before the year started that hes a special player.  He is a driven player.  He wont let himself have an off year.  I hate his act but i think hes a stud.  

I promise i wont nah nah nah dez if he wins.  I didnt think hed be in the running this year.  For me he is the best defenseman this year.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

as I said in another thread it makes me sick to think this arrogant jerk will have his name on same trophy as Orr. He's likely the most talented of today's Dmen, other than Karlson (sp?). But he isn't even average in his own end in my books so I agree Dez, it will be official, your own end doesn't matter for the Norris.

Matt Cooke has his name on the most important trophy with Orr.  A norris trophy is an individual award.  if he stinks in his own end why is he first line pk and plays against the other teams best.  He makes young over aggressive mistakes but this is natural    he is an excellent skater and can move the puck outta his end with ease.  Thats a very important aspect of playing defense.  You dont need to be a big lumbering bearded man to play good in your own end.  If you can skate and control the puck you have a major advantage.  Lets not make him paul coffee in his own end.  He battles.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I believe the NHL will taint the trophy by allowing him to win it. I don't mind some cockiness & some arrogance is OK. All athletes need to have some of those characteristics in order to be successful. But, he crosses the boundry. He's still a punk & that is why I believe he should be held back. He needs to find that happy medium of what's OK & what's not. Reward him as he is now & he'll never recieve the message. It'll make him far worse imho than what he already is. To have an honor of winning such a trophy should have some personality values as part of the criteria. It is for the HOF & the same should be for the Norris. I think this will be the perfect time to get the "punk" out of him. No doubt he's been better this yr then seasons past, but he's still not there yet. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Watched him closely the other night against Philly. Some very ugly play from him in his own end. I still don't think he has that part of his game figured out yet.

He's become very reliable in the defensive zone. You just wouldn't know it by watching the Philly game, a contest in which every Hab stunk out the joint.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

if PK Subban wins the norris this year it means something. It means we might as well say whoever has the most points as a d man wins the norris. if that's where it's going then fine, but just tell us already.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I believe the NHL will taint the trophy by allowing him to win it. I don't mind some cockiness & some arrogance is OK. All athletes need to have some of those characteristics in order to be successful. But, he crosses the boundry. He's still a punk & that is why I believe he should be held back. He needs to find that happy medium of what's OK & what's not. Reward him as he is now & he'll never recieve the message. It'll make him far worse imho than what he already is. To have an honor of winning such a trophy should have some personality values as part of the criteria. It is for the HOF & the same should be for the Norris. I think this will be the perfect time to get the "punk" out of him. No doubt he's been better this yr then seasons past, but he's still not there yet. 

At which school did you get your psychology degree?

This may be the dumbest post on PK I have ever seen....and that is saying something.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

if PK Subban wins the norris this year it means something. It means we might as well say whoever has the most points as a d man wins the norris. if that's where it's going then fine, but just tell us already.

Watch him more.  He dominates games.  Does he make young mental blunders.  Yes for sure.  He will at 35 as well.  His skating is just fun to watch.  I watched some big guy try to run him and pk just put it in another gear and with his balance he was left behind.  I laughed and wished for one gm i could skate like that.   His "overall game is above avg". His offensive side of the game he is elite.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Watch him more.  He dominates games.  Does he make young mental blunders.  Yes for sure.  He will at 35 as well.  His skating is just fun to watch.  I watched some big guy try to run him and pk just put it in another gear and with his balance he was left behind.  I laughed and wished for one gm i could skate like that.   His "overall game is above avg". His offensive side of the game he is elite.   

i've watched him plenty. i know his game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Obviously not.  If you think he is just a point getter.   He dominates games.  You dont get that from being bad in your own end.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I continue to respect Subban's offensive game and the high level of skill he has.

I continue to have no respect for the way he plays the game.

I don't care if he wins the Norris or any other award. He's still a dirty diving punk. No award can or will change that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Duplicate

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Absolute stupidity, what a joke, a farce, absurd even!!!

6th in league behind Koval OV Malk Markov and Letang in PP time 4:31 per game 3rd among D.  Only OV and Malkin play less shtimeonice. pk is listed as 251st at 1:36shtoi.

He is 39th on toi per game. Even strength toi he is 98th. He is 22nd in +/- among defence.

Among D In Mon per game he is 2nd in toi, 4th in evenstrength toi, 2nd in PP toi, 6th in shtoi

He is 1st in 11G 25a 36pts, 2nd in 7ppg  1st in 18ppa 25PPpts.

Even strength, he is 38th in points.

I guess the new rule for D will be how they play the PP as in Karlss and PK, this is a joke

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Obviously not.  If you think he is just a point getter.   He dominates games.  You dont get that from being bad in your own end.   

Oh Shupe say it isn't so, you have been seduced by the dark side. He has pumped up the PP, but that is because Markov is back. He is not a dominant player at any other time, he makes March and Linseman out as Ron Francis like compared to his dirt.

The dark side has definitely pulled you in with your players that you harbour.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

Matt Cooke has his name on the most important trophy with Orr.  A norris trophy is an individual award.  if he stinks in his own end why is he first line pk and plays against the other teams best.  He makes young over aggressive mistakes but this is natural    he is an excellent skater and can move the puck outta his end with ease.  Thats a very important aspect of playing defense.  You dont need to be a big lumbering bearded man to play good in your own end.  If you can skate and control the puck you have a major advantage.  Lets not make him paul coffee in his own end.  He battles.  

He is not first line pk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If he wins the Norris, Shupe and myself get to say we told you so.

That's great bragging rights,  Green must be red now that this is out, he was just ahead of the game or he would have his Norris.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think that PK is a classic Norris-level defensemen, yet.  But the problem is -- who would beat him?  It's gonna be darn close.  There isn't a real standout d-man that I can think of this year.

Do I think that Chara, Suter, Weber, and maybe Kronwall are better all-around d-men than PK?  Yes.  

But out of those 5, only PK is having the breakout year and grabbing the attention.  He's the most dynamic.  He's the new star.

I don't think I'm being a homer when I say that I would take Chara over PK (today) on my blueline.  PK may be more dynamic, but come playoff time, I want the best, steadiest 5-on-5 guy out there who can shut down the opponent's top line and give some offensive punch too.

Chara is better player, IMO, but you usually don't win the Norris when you have an off-year, so he's probably not in the discussion.  Who else is?  Suter?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

At which school did you get your psychology degree?

This may be the dumbest post on PK I have ever seen....and that is saying something.

Thx Kennedy. Glad you liked it! You don't need a psychology degree to come up with that he's still a diving ash little punk that needs some growing up. Just need one eye to see that! And you're comment is a typical biased Habs fan comment one who has no objectivity on the subject. He's a punk PERIOD! 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.