Iggy Asking Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Iggy Asking Price

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Trading a first rounder + other parts is extremely stupid for a guy at age 35.  The B's are not paying for past production and his future will be limited at his age.  A second rounder makes way more sense.  

Iginla is simply not the same as Rick Nash, who is 28, for example (who did go for a first + other players).  I still can't believe the Bruins did not get a pick for the Joe Thornton trade...boggles my mind as to how stupid that was at the time. 

He scores 30 every year.  Watch and see what he fetches.   Our 1st rounder is almost like a 2nd pick.  Past production has seen a string of 30 goals every year.  I'd deal the 1st round in a second bc iginla is a proven performer and still has a lot left in the tank as per his resume.  He is a known slow starter who always gets 30.  It doesnt get more consistant then that.  He would be a massive upgrade.  Massive.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I will also add that his durabilty is unreal considering the rough and tumble style he plays.  He started off terrible.  He now has 7 goals typical of his slow starts.  He then goes nuts and scores a lot.  Anytime you can add a 500 goal guy its win win.  The fact that he is so much more then a goal scorer makes him mouth watering.  I would LOVE him in blk n gold.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I have no doubt that he will fetch a first rounder, and I don't dispute your reasoning.  I just hope the B's are not the ones that do it.  It's a "GO FOR IT NOW, move" much at the expense of what the B's have built over the past 5 years.   Many teams who have made that biggest splash in years past are the ones who do not win the Cup.  Is he worth it as a rental?  If not, then what are the Cap implications for next year if he is signed? Which of the B's top 6 plays 3rd line?  Horton, Lucic, Seguin, Marchand????????    I just don't think the B's need Iginla to put them over then "edge"---they need to improve their third line and add a depth dman.   Now if they want a second for him---I try to make it work.  Note: I love Iginla as a player.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

How is Mcquaid garbage? He is a beast to fight, he is a serviceable d-man and it was said several times that if we had had Mcquaid in the playoffs last year it would have been a huge boost for our team.

we're comparing Iggy value to Quader, is all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I have no doubt that he will fetch a first rounder, and I don't dispute your reasoning.  I just hope the B's are not the ones that do it.  It's a "GO FOR IT NOW, move" much at the expense of what the B's have built over the past 5 years.   Many teams who have made that biggest splash in years past are the ones who do not win the Cup.  Is he worth it as a rental?  If not, then what are the Cap implications for next year if he is signed? Which of the B's top 6 plays 3rd line?  Horton, Lucic, Seguin, Marchand????????    I just don't think the B's need Iginla to put them over then "edge"---they need to improve their third line and add a depth dman.   Now if they want a second for him---I try to make it work.  Note: I love Iginla as a player.  

I disagree.  LA won last year.  Boston added a few pieces(Not huge but key and gave up players Picks for kelly kaberle).   i know what you are saying but players like iggy dont appear everyday.  Win now should be their model every year with this team.   I agree that we dont need him.   But it sure as heck gives us a huge edge.  Our 3rd line doesnt have ryder on it this year.  Iggy would create a nitemare for teams bc how do you put your top dman on against khl and then worry about the bruins best line....oh great here comes iggy and his 500 goals.  Matchup nightmare.  And how great would it be knowing all three lines can fly and score and play great defense.   Throwing a 1st rounder is nothing bc this team is young, we wont see this pick likely until chara is done.  I wanna win now for him.  Iggy and Sarich(who was scratched last night again) would give us a major league upgrade.  And whats to say we cant resign iggy.  I dont think hortons coming back and iggy has to waive his ntc to come.  I think if he picks a team he likes he likely will wanna stay.  I dont see iggy as a rental.  He wants a cup.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Would you prefer to have a first round pick, a prospect and a roster player, or would you rather have another Cup parade?

Using my crystal ball, I can tell you that the B's 2013 1st round pick will have zero goals in the playoffs this year.

While it's just simply not going to happen, the B"s certainly would have a much better chance at winning the Cup if Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla were on the team.  And yeah, that's his real name.

Bruins fans, the team has won the Cup one time in the past 20 years.  If they can win it again this year, great!  Chiarelli can't draft outside of the Top 10 anyway. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Would you prefer to have a first round pick, a prospect and a roster player, or would you rather have another Cup parade?

Using my crystal ball, I can tell you that the B's 2013 1st round pick will have zero goals in the playoffs this year.

While it's just simply not going to happen, the B"s certainly would have a much better chance at winning the Cup if Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla were on the team.  And yeah, that's his real name.

Bruins fans, the team has won the Cup one time in the past 20 years.  If they can win it again this year, great!  Chiarelli can't draft outside of the Top 10 anyway. 

Yup, make this deal and we are the favorites to win it all. Roster player has to be a bottom 2 D or 3rd line forward though. I don't want to mess with our top 2 lines and D core.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He'll have a challenge getting to the 30 plateau this year - by which I mean 17 in 48 games.  He's sitting on 7.

I have no qualms about making a deal for Iginla that doesn't subtract from the current roster - with the exception of Caron.  I still don't mind the Kaberle deal.  Talk to me in 2020 when Biggs is a productive NHLer with a few good years in the can.  If you could get him for a first and a prospect, great.  My only point here has been that if Calgary is looking at their system and saying "we need a top D prospect" then Boston has nothing for them and other teams do.  Minny is leading their division now.  Maybe they look at Iginla for Dumba and think what's another huge deal when you have Heatley, Parise, and Suter?

But shupe, you're getting a little e-harmony crush on Iginla here....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

If Ernesto's post is accurate, you could offer the 30th overall pick (you know, because with Iginla, they win it all) and Caron til you're blue.  You could sweeten it with Knight and any forward prospect the Bruins have and you'd get no farther.  Top 4 D prospect.

Not a sho...  Not going to happen.

Ok i'll throw in a shoe! If Iggy does become available have to make a run at him if i'm PC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He'll have a challenge getting to the 30 plateau this year - by which I mean 17 in 48 games.  He's sitting on 7.

I have no qualms about making a deal for Iginla that doesn't subtract from the current roster - with the exception of Caron.  I still don't mind the Kaberle deal.  Talk to me in 2020 when Biggs is a productive NHLer with a few good years in the can.  If you could get him for a first and a prospect, great.  My only point here has been that if Calgary is looking at their system and saying "we need a top D prospect" then Boston has nothing for them and other teams do.  Minny is leading their division now.  Maybe they look at Iginla for Dumba and think what's another huge deal when you have Heatley, Parise, and Suter?

Not as much as on datsyuk but yes i do.  Iggy has been a one man gang and is one of the good guys in hockey.  It would thrill me to see a guy like this win a cup.  even more so with the bruins.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Not as much as on datsyuk but yes i do.  Iggy has been a one man gang and is one of the good guys in hockey.  It would thrill me to see a guy like this win a cup.  even more so with the bruins.  

He beat Eakin last night like he owed him money. That poor little red fur is young enough to be Jarome's son.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

He beat Eakin last night like he owed him money. That poor little red fur is young enough to be Jarome's son.

Dad strength.  Dont back talk me boy.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Dad strength.  Dont back talk me boy.  

That's exactly what it looked like.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Krug, Peverley, 2nd round pick?

All day!

That's a pipe dream, that ain't getting you Inginla. But one can wish. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

All day!

Of course it isn't.  But this is BDC, so it's possible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hmmm.....looks like a lot of previous naysayers have come over to the darkside and now concede that obtaining Iginla is a real possibility....to this I bid you welcome.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

All day!

Of course it isn't.  But this is BDC, so it's possible.

Lol, true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Sure, give up the first rounders and other draft choices. Give them Tyler Seguin's first born son. All of this so that we can become "favourites" to win the Cup - not "win" the Cup.

We got lucky by doing that in 2011. It does not happen all the time. You guys are all dreaming in LA LA LAND.

The odds are against us for it to happen again in this generation.

However, if you insist on banging your heads against the wall - may you fracture your skull in many places.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Sure, give up the first rounders and other draft choices. Give them Tyler Seguin's first born son. All of this so that we can become "favourites" to win the Cup - not "win" the Cup.

We got lucky by doing that in 2011. It does not happen all the time. You guys are all dreaming in LA LA LAND.

The odds are against us for it to happen again in this generation.

However, if you insist on banging your heads against the wall - may you fracture your skull in many places.

Are you a bruins fan?   Why cant this team win this year.  Its not easy to win the cup but why cant it be the bruins?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I agree 100% i would love to see another cup run and would not mind giving up a #1.

You have to give value to get value. We dont have atop d prospect so give them a draft pick to get one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

All day!

100% ....with you on this Krug Caron and. 2nd round pick for a  Stanley Cup...u bet

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Or Krug Peverley and a 2nd round draft pick even better

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would prefer keeping Caron over Pev

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Pev is a flying mosquito

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

McQuaid? Why do people always want to give up "their" trash for somebody elses "treasure". Quader is worth next to nothing to other teams, and may be only looked at for depth. Maybe worth a 4th rnd pick, if that, or a throw-in in a bigger deal. People need to stop overrating their own players.

Thx for helping to add to my ignore list! Funny you mention trash & then write some! McQuaid isn't a top 4 d-man, but he ain't trash & a lot of teams would love to have someone like him, because in case you missed it. Henrique found out that you can end up being the trash when Adam is done with you!