Iggy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Iggy

The B's need a horse up front and Iggy could be it.  I think he has three good years left if he is injected into a new team who is a contender.  

If they give up their first round pick, Wheeler and a couple prospects it might do it.  Also they would need the Sturm trade to go through and a similar trade with Ryder to clear up cap space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Iggy

Trade Sturm, Ryder, Wheeler, a couple of prospects and a draft pick (not all at once, I understand) to get a 33 year old winger who has a monsterous cap hit for the next three years.

Doesn't seem like the best idea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Iginla would be too expensive... We don't need another star player; maybe only supporting roles for a playoff run...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I personally would do a trade to achieve both Yandle and ( Doan 4.5 mill for this year and next). Ryder, Colborne, Stuart, and Bst 1st pick( to see if it catches phx. attention and go from there.) for Yandle and Doan( he will bring strong leadership and will play every shift). If I would go for calgary players I would try for Rene Bourgue younger and can also score goals but Calgary will want prospects in return so it will be a stalemate trade. As for Iggy Calgary will depart with him but the could be use for trade in the off season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Also Doan is getting to the age where he has a few more chances at the cup.

Looch Krejci Horton
    Doan Savy Seguin
    Wheels Bergy Rechhi
    Marchand Campbell Thornton

Chara Yandle
    Siedenberg Boychuk
    Ference McQuaid

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Of all the player's in the league that I would like to see in black and gold, Doan is number one and Iginla is number three. But it's never going to happen. Doan will die a Jet... I mean, Coyote, and Iginla is out of our price range.

Seriously though, the only way Doan plays for another team is if he pulls a Bourque at the end of his career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Bourque is not leaving Calgary any time soon; but if I had a chance of getting any players mentionned above, I would take him in a heartbeat...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm a big fan of Doan, but he's not in my top ten, without putting too much thought into it and no particular order (mostly):
    Iginla, Toews, Doughty, Weber, Keith, Richards, St Louis, E Staal, all come ahead of Doan, and there are probably two or three more if i concentrate.

In Response to Re: Iggy:
    [QUOTE]Of all the player's in the league that I would like to see in black and gold, Doan is number one and Iginla is number three. But it's never going to happen. Doan will die a Jet... I mean, Coyote, and Iginla is out of our price range. Seriously though, the only way Doan plays for another team is if he pulls a Bourque at the end of his career.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

How about Crosby? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's just a personal preference - I've always thought Doan has the attributes of a quitessential Bruin. To each their own, since it doesn't really matter - we aren't getting them, at least not likely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

No offence intended, but I'm glad nobody here has the keys to the garage !