Iginla and the FACTS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Iginla and the FACTS

Let's get the facts straight and then let's correct a situation that has gone unchallenged on this FORUM for far too long.

Iginla has absolutely NO loyalty to anything or anybody.  He left his home team without batting an eye.  Heck, he has now left his "Pittsburgh friend" that he wanted to play with so much without even a goodbye kiss.   All of the threads I have read have shown that Bruin fans are excited about having someone with no loyalty on board.

This is all good, but it is past time that the criticisms of Kessel come to a screaching halt.  He was not loyal to the Bruins and got out.  So, what's the difference?  There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE.

From this point forward, anyone who criticizes Kessel is a hypocrite.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Iginla and the FACTS

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Let's get the facts straight and then let's correct a situation that has gone unchallenged on this FORUM for far too long.

Iginla has absolutely NO loyalty to anything or anybody.  He left his home team without batting an eye.  Heck, he has now left his "Pittsburgh friend" that he wanted to play with so much without even a goodbye kiss.   All of the threads I have read have shown that Bruin fans are excited about having someone with no loyalty on board.

This is all good, but it is past time that the criticisms of Kessel come to a screaching halt.  He was not loyal to the Bruins and got out.  So, what's the difference?  There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE.

The difference is (and yes, there is a HUGE one) that Iginla has put together quite the resume over the last decade and a half.  Kessel hasnt.

Being young and wanting more money than you are worth is one thing.  Putting together a HOF career on a team of nobody's and choosing to try and go to a team where your contributions can help you win a stanley cup isnt anything to look down at.

He made his career in Calgary.  He wants a shot at the stanley cup.  You couldnt be more wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Well said Davey. Apples to oranges in comparison.  

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Iginla didn't "leave his home team".  His home team decided that they needed to get something for him because they were all kinds of awful and needed to kickstart the rebuild.  They booted him to the curb - how is that his fault?  He exercised his right to choose - had no reason to be "loyal" to the Bruins in that situation.  Now he's leaving Pitt because (wait for it) they don't want to sign him.  They don't have the cap sapce because they needed to address the need for another solid, stay at home defenseman more than they needed a declining veteran RW.

This is nothing like Kessel.  The Bruins wanted Kessel, but Kessel wanted a) to go elsewhere and b) to make more money than the Bruins were willing to pay him.  He signed an RFA deal to force the move.  He was a mentally weak prima dona.  He seems to be growing up, just in time to leave the Laffs for Columbus to play with Horton in football mad  anonymity. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also, though Iginla was able to dictate his destination through his NTC, Feaster was the one who made the call not to try and negotiate a contract extension with Iggy and it was Feaster who made the decision to trade hoim instead. Iggy did not demand out of Calgary or ask Feaster for a contract for more than he was worth.

Bourque may be a comparable, though he gave Sinden more trade options than Iggy, but Kessel is not a good comparable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I'm confused how your eloquent opinion on the matter can be considered "fact."

Iginla had no reason to be "loyal" to the Bruins.  He was given a decision and chose the team that, at the time, looked to have the best chance at winning the cup.  Nobody expected the Bruins to trounce the Pens like they did.  Was it sweet justice?  Yes.  Was I mad or did I have a reason to be mad at Iginla at the time?  No.  Sure I was bitter because I thought we were getting the skilled forward to compliment our 2nd line, but in no way should anybody hate Iginla for his choice.

As others have noted, he didn't leave the Pens because he's a gutless person with no remorse.  He left because they could't afford to keep him.  That acquisition was strictly a 2 month rental.

I, for one, am glad that this "unloyal" stud is now on our team.  He will excel playing with Krejci and Lucic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and I love the thread title: FACTS!

Lol.

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You leave my guy alone"

Fly8 sneaks in a "Kessel fanboy" reference.

PS. College hockey needs to do a better job of pre-screening towel-boys. University of Minnesota might have Richie Cunninghams weird brother working for them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Are you kidding me? 

Jerome played over 16 years in Calgary and was very reluctant to leave. As far as not going back to Pittsburgh I never heard any mention that they wanted him back. Kessel was and is still a whiny b!tch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

FACTS:

I have OrrAndShore on ignore

The only reason I'm posting to this thread is because it happens to be at the top.

From this point forward anyone who says they like Kessel, but not one of 367 members of the NHLPA selected at my disgression by some ambigious method is a hypocrite.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[/QUOTE]

...or, just correct.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Who's on troll patrol today? Have you guys noticed the body of posts this guy has put together?  It stinks like Cactus in here.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Iginla is been nothing less or short of being commited and loyal to calgary as mentioned above, the flames wanted something out of him, and yes he chose Pittsburg over boston, not a big deal but wheres pittsburg loyalty to resign him ? Im betting if he went to the bruins they would of resigned him under the circumstances of late.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Who's on troll patrol today? Have you guys noticed the body of posts this guy has put together?  It stinks like Cactus in here.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

Yeah dez kel is slacking, kids are out of school and running him ragged!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The best part of this thread is that the original post is entirely subjective...and in fact, has no facts!

The comparison of Iginla to Kessell isn't apples to oranges, it's apples to water buffalo

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

he was an ahole.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

This is not a Kessel-comparable situation.  If anything, a better comparable would be to Bourque.  And like Bourque, Iggy will return to Calgary to see his number raised to the rafters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

It feels more like Pouliot to me.  Not a huge fan of this trade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's not a trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I didnt find one fact in this post.

Not a suprise considering you are the worst poster on here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

It feels more like Pouliot to me.  Not a huge fan of this trade.

What trade? Are you sure you're on the right thread?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

[QUOTE]

The difference is (and yes, there is a HUGE one) that Iginla has put together quite the resume over the last decade and a half.  Kessel hasnt.

Being young and wanting more money than you are worth is one thing.  Putting together a HOF career on a team of nobody's and choosing to try and go to a team where your contributions can help you win a stanley cup isnt anything to look down at.

He made his career in Calgary.  He wants a shot at the stanley cup.  You couldnt be more wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly......Nuff Said!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Trade, deal, transfer, relocation, whatever.  Semantics.  Still not a fan of Iginla coming here.  It feels like the Pouliot thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

The best part of this thread is that the original post is entirely subjective...and in fact, has no facts!

The comparison of Iginla to Kessell isn't apples to oranges, it's apples to water buffalo

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

Zing!

When Watchtower chimes in to call a player an a--hole you know the player was an a--hole.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't see many comparisons between Pooh and Iginla.