Iginla can't get the grin off his face.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Iginla can't get the grin off his face.

He is not a sad guy to be leaving. You think of Wayne leaving Edmonton, and crying, and all that, but Jerome is one happy looking dude. I would be too getting to play with Syd. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Iginla can't get the grin off his face.

Break a leg, Jarome! 

No, seriously.  I hope he breaks his leg.  In a knee on knee collision with Crosby.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Iginla's had a grin on his face for 16 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Mutant211's comment:

Break a leg, Jarome! 

No, seriously.  I hope he breaks his leg.  In a knee on knee collision with Crosby.

thats not nice Mutant ...if he breaks a leg he will suffer....I just hope he drops dead

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

He is not a sad guy to be leaving. You think of Wayne leaving Edmonton, and crying, and all that, but Jerome is one happy looking dude. I would be too getting to play with Syd. 

Bruins ? Pittsburg ?   Any smart player would choose ?......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Jarome Iginla deserves no respect. He strung everyone along.

He doesn't deserve his name on the Cup and hopefully it will never get on it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Hes deserves a legitimate shot at the stanley cup and he chose the team he thought would give it to him.  Though I wish he chose Boston, i still respect him as a player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Iginla's had a grin on his face for 16 years.

Its probably the "I make 8 million / yr to play hockey" grin...haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

If he trully forced Cal to take an offer they felt was inferior offer because he wants to play w Sid after he told his GM that would accept a trade to the Brunins....(I really dont believe this is true, I believe that either a) the offers were close so they let him decide, or b) the bruins were never a real option)...however, if that is true....

....He deserves to get the crap boo'd out of him if he ever plays in Calgary again.  He deserves to have his name dragged through the mud.  Francona style.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Isn't that kind of the point of having a NMC, though?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

well personally i lost respect for iggy, i cant stop wondering if the Bs game last night helped his decision, however, he does deserve to be where he wants to be, and all jokes aside and break a leg comments, i dont think he will get his cup, not because he chose pitts over the Bs, but because again ill say it, tgis reminds me of a rangers team who always overstack there team, and never win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Its the U turn that bugged me.  Dont agree to a list and then change your mind.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

There would be NOTHING better than the B's knocking the Pens out of the playoffs. Right now, after Iggy's reacharound on Sid, it would be better than beating the Habs to me.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Let's hope for Karma and Bruin's beat Pittsburg in Conf.final,hey i can dream

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Let's hope for Karma and Bruin's beat Pittsburg in Conf.final,hey i can dream

Not with Pandolfo, Caron, and/or Daugavins up front and AJ, Bart, and/or Krug on the back end they won't.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

I hope on the 19th Lucic crushes him with a hit, they drop em and Looch pounds him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

I hope on the 19th Lucic crushes him with a hit, they drop em and Looch pounds him

I hope he likes going up against Chara everytime he's on the ice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

This is exactly what aggravates me and I still don't understand it, although it sounds like that baffoon Feaster is mostly responsible.  Here is how things were laid out according to everything I've seen today.

-Iginla approved a very short list of teams he would go to, including LA, Boston, and Pittsburgh (should have been the end of his involvement).

-Feaster received offers from LA, Boston, and Pittsburgh.

-Feaster deemed Boston's offer to be the best one for the Flames and agreed (on some level) to the deal.

End of story right?  No...

-Feaster went back to Iginla and said, 'hey jerome, which team do you like best?"

It's absurd.  He works for the Flames and should be getting the best offer for them.  There is no reason for a GM to review the offers on the table with the player.  He should have told Iginla that the Bruins offer was not matched by the other teams, the Bruins were on Iginla's approved list, and that's it.  The notion of a GM making a deal and then letting the player review the details for final approval is crazy.  Especially when Iginla already had the opportunity to choose his teams.  Feaster is a clown. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

This incident reminds me of the Eric Lindros debacle when he refused to report to Quebec.  I have zero respect for Iginla, but and even less for the Calgary brass

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

This is exactly what aggravates me and I still don't understand it, although it sounds like that baffoon Feaster is mostly responsible.  Here is how things were laid out according to everything I've seen today.

-Iginla approved a very short list of teams he would go to, including LA, Boston, and Pittsburgh (should have been the end of his involvement).

-Feaster received offers from LA, Boston, and Pittsburgh.

-Feaster deemed Boston's offer to be the best one for the Flames and agreed (on some level) to the deal.

End of story right?  No...

-Feaster went back to Iginla and said, 'hey jerome, which team do you like best?"

It's absurd.  He works for the Flames and should be getting the best offer for them.  There is no reason for a GM to review the offers on the table with the player.  He should have told Iginla that the Bruins offer was not matched by the other teams, the Bruins were on Iginla's approved list, and that's it.  The notion of a GM making a deal and then letting the player review the details for final approval is crazy.  Especially when Iginla already had the opportunity to choose his teams.  Feaster is a clown. 

And hit he was so pro-Calgary one would think he'd want them to get the best deal for him right? No he's a selfish hockey player. They all are. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZefBruin. Show ZefBruin's posts

The whole thing stinks. If the Bruins are on Iginla's short-list then the Flames should have the decision to make from those four teams, not him. Otherwise, why have a list? Somebody wasted the Bruins organization a lot of time and money and played with the hearts of us fans. I hope the Bruins meet the Pens the playoffs and the heavy hits are layed out for Mr. Jarome Iginla and Miss Sidney Crosby. Can't f'in wait.

And, no, the best revenge wouldn't be bouncing the Pens from the playoffs. It would be the Bruins winning the Stanley Cup once again while Iginla watches on TV.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

This incident reminds me of the Eric Lindros debacle when he refused to report to Quebec.  I have zero respect for Iginla, but and even less for the Calgary brass

Long time absence, here, but feel compelled to add two cents, for what it's worth.  

Agree with Fletcher above - Feaster is the clown and that's obvious considering Calgary's recent prowess even with the great Iginla.  Didn't like Iginla coming to Boston because I thought we'd need to give up too much, though went to bed feeling pretty good about the deal that was announced.

As Feaster obviously deferred to his player (yes, an icon) and didn't do right by his team (Boston's offer was far better) he also exposed Chiarelli as everyone now knows that he needs to make improvements and is ready to offer top prospects.  

Shame on Fletcher for yielding to Iginla - I root for any team to destroy the Pens.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Man, I find this "jilted" reaction weird.  When we thought it was a conditional first, I didn't think it was better at all.  Now, the first rounders are a wash, and I'd say Khokhlachev is the best player in the trade...but he's a guy who has already gone to the KHL once and has family ties over there.

It's clear something changed during the day and PC won't discuss it. I think that something is that gray area of players talking to players and whether or not that's collusion.  Sid calling Jarome is not collusion.  Shero telling Sid to call Jarome is.  But why get into it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

I think Boston's loss to a  tired Montreal team last night after being well in command with a 4 to 2 lead going into the third period  was a major tipping point in this deal.THe game was nationally televised and  it didn't do Boston's image any good at all.  Then Boston's management should have thrown a couple more draft picks into the mix like a third  or 4th rounder this year and a  4th or 5th rounder next year and they just may have salvaged this trade.   Now  the B's are scrambling to come up with viable alternatives. They really need to replace both Mark Recchi and Mike Ryder if they want to get back to the level they were at when they won the cup. Last year they  had Benoit Pouliot and Brian Rolston and didn't resign either one. They replaced those 2 with only Chris Bourque and when he didn't work out they signed Jay Pandolpho who still hasn't scored a goal.  How do they expect people to pay their hard earned money to see the likes of the way  the B's are playing lately?  Management needs to get a couple of good goal scoring forewards  in the next couple of days or they can expect another first round loss providing they make it that far.