Iginla, Eriksson, Soderberg - Marchand.Campbell Paille

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Iginla, Eriksson, Soderberg - Marchand.Campbell Paille

Half of these players are off to a slow start.  Half of them are new to the team and haven't gelled yet.  6 players are underachieving significantly, and even so, the Bruins record is halfway decent.  I've seen the newcomers progress and I think we'll see them all be fully integrated by December.  Marchand had a great night last night, I thought he would get one.  I'm not expecting a ton of goals from Campbell and Paille, but they should each have 1 or 2 apiece.

The system is more complicated than most - or so I've heard players say.  3 new players is going to require a long adjustment period requiring more patience than some of the fans have.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Iginla, Eriksson, Soderberg - Marchand.Campbell Paille

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The system is more complicated than most - or so I've heard players say.  3 new players is going to require a long adjustment period requiring more patience than some of the fans have.

[/QUOTE]

Oh my.

What's complicated about it?

It's hockey.  Make sure you play defense.

The team isn't playing well right now.  It's fine.  It's a long season and truthfully, these games don't even matter.  The B's will get into the playoffs and then they matter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh my.

What's complicated about it?

It's hockey.  Make sure you play defense.

The team isn't playing well right now.  It's fine.  It's a long season and truthfully, these games don't even matter.  The B's will get into the playoffs and then they matter.

[/QUOTE]

You know, honestly, I don't know what is so complicated about it.  

However, I have heard Bitz, Paille and Seguin say that it was complicated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Exactly. I'd assume a lot of them took a bit more time to rest this offseason with the playoffs almost going into July and it being a compressed schedule.

If anyone recalls how they came out of the gate last year, they were winning games, but they weren't playing great. Most of the players (notably Lucic, Seguin, Horton) had slow starts, and they were winning most games 3-2 or 2-1.

Would we rather they peak early like they did in 2011-2012 and be one-and-done in the playoffs? I said this before the playoffs last year; a hockey team generally gets one chance to get really hot per year (The Blackhawks were just that good last year....they were an exception, not the rule).

Let's not get too worried about games in October and November, particularly if they're over .500 and in a good position to make the playoffs.

They have far too much talent to not really get it together at some point this year. In my opinion, they're much more talented than they were last year (again, that's my opinion). I'd argue that the 2nd line's talent may be slightly down (even though Eriksson is no slouch and I'd expect him to come around), but I think the 3rd line is way up. Aside from Chara's game maybe being slightly down, I think the blue line is more well-rounded.

I'm extremely concerned about the goaltending depth. I have little-to-no confidence in Johnson over a long span, should anything (God forbid) happen to Rask. I'm also concerned at the idea that Rask is likely going to be starting upwards of 60-65 games this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Badhab, I think we are all trying to look for the good, and not really digging in to the poorer aspects. Certainly Claude's continued use of Shawn Thornton is a disastrous negative that is hampering Campbell and Paille sa well as others on the club when Thornton bobbles a breakout, misses a check, or is woefully slow in covering anyone. Rielly Smith has adapted well and being on Kelly's line has made that line faster and potentially more explosive without giving up any of the solid defensive coverage.Marchand did play better back on Bergie's left wing, but, for whatever reasons, Eriksson isn't filling the bill and appears to be playing soft and tentative. Boychuck still makes the same bonehead decisions, and his wild slap shots are not helping when a directed wrister would provide more tip opportunities. Continuing to ignore smarter plays makes Boychuck a detriment not an asset. Most other teams are double teaming Chara and winning more often when he goes after them and is called for a penalty. Coaches should be solving some of the problems, but, it may be that hearing the same voice after six plus years doesn't always penetrate. { tune out maybe}

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Guy - agree, but I think if Rask got hurt they would call up Svedberg.  Johnson is awful.

Bogie, Thornton, OK, maybe not yank him every game, but an occasional sit in the press box wouldn't be such a terrible thing.  And I think Boychuk will come around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks Eric Cole disagrees about Boychuk not being a smart player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The one line in the opening post says it all, this team hasnt gelled yet, why ? thats not complicated, this team has 4 or more players who havent had a years experience yet, a new face in erickson and less expereince when you think about who has left this team. We all know the Krecji line is working well and will be a dominate line, the bergeron line if the injurys stay away will finally nail it down when they can play the same 3 for awhile, saying that, its the same as the 3rd line, its like just when they get it going theres a line change on both 2nd and 3rd.

What i see so far is poor play by seids, and chara a close distant behind him and the only one after that is Marchand, who did bring his skating game against Dallas.

I think if they can stay healthy the lines will then become solid. The 4th line is what it is, and like most i think there could be a better line there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

wally, you are seeing the same isues that I see. Seidenberg's experience helps him overcome most of theeffects of aging, same with Chara, to ofset, Claude should be utilizing Bartkowski more often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not so sure about Bartkowski as I once was, he is now tied with Marchand for the team worst -3

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

[QUOTE]

Not so sure about Bartkowski as I once was, he is now tied with Marchand for the team worst -3

[/QUOTE]

In Bart's defence he's only played 4 games. One or two bad shifts and it will look bad on the stat sheet. Marchand, meanwhile, has been invisible on most nights. He played much better against Dallas however.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mxt's comment:[QUOTE] Not so sure about Bartkowski as I once was, he is now tied with Marchand for the team worst -3 [/QUOTE]

In Bart's defence he's only played 4 games. One or two bad shifts and it will look bad on the stat sheet.  [/QUOTE]

I'd like to see Bartkowski get more games in and I agree he gets too rusty sitting up on the 9th floor. It's going to be tough now Hamilton has really picked his game up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think if he's able to crack the line up on a more regualr basis, those numners improve. I like his game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another factor, Krug and Hamilton have more goals than all the players above (Hamilton is tied with Iginla).  These guys are clearly on the snide and a little unusual they are all there at the same time.  These guys are deeper than last year and built for the playoffs better than last year.  It's just going to take a little time.  Hopefully they can get it going vs. the Panthers tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Exactly. I'd assume a lot of them took a bit more time to rest this offseason with the playoffs almost going into July and it being a compressed schedule.

If anyone recalls how they came out of the gate last year, they were winning games, but they weren't playing great. Most of the players (notably Lucic, Seguin, Horton) had slow starts, and they were winning most games 3-2 or 2-1.

Would we rather they peak early like they did in 2011-2012 and be one-and-done in the playoffs? I said this before the playoffs last year; a hockey team generally gets one chance to get really hot per year (The Blackhawks were just that good last year....they were an exception, not the rule).

Let's not get too worried about games in October and November, particularly if they're over .500 and in a good position to make the playoffs.

They have far too much talent to not really get it together at some point this year. In my opinion, they're much more talented than they were last year (again, that's my opinion). I'd argue that the 2nd line's talent may be slightly down (even though Eriksson is no slouch and I'd expect him to come around), but I think the 3rd line is way up. Aside from Chara's game maybe being slightly down, I think the blue line is more well-rounded.

I'm extremely concerned about the goaltending depth. I have little-to-no confidence in Johnson over a long span, should anything (God forbid) happen to Rask. I'm also concerned at the idea that Rask is likely going to be starting upwards of 60-65 games this year.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. Rask needs to get his fair share of rest I think in order to have a good playoff run. Problem is, you need the other guy to get some wins to keep those playoff hopes alive. We'll see how Claude balances it out..........and whether Johnson stays up or gets shipped down.