Iginla = Stanley Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Iginla = Stanley Cup

I've read last night a trade rumor sending Iginla to the Flyers...dont ask me the link I cant recall were I saw that ...if ever the Flyers get Iginla that would probably destroy my prediction for 2011 ....

I think that the B's should try to get Iginla..if Savard is out for the season we could package a draft pick + a D (Stuart or Ferrence)...and a young prospect Sauve or Hamill (Hamill is from Western Canada , they know him well) ......if ever the BRUINS could get Iginla my prediction is safe for the next 3 years

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Iginla = Stanley Cup

keep the faith stanley... don't waiver on us now. go b's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

If the Flyers get Iginla, then they are serious contenders.  The B's must consider Iginla as well, h/e at $6m salary Iggy's aquisition needs to send cap space back the other way as both flyers and B's have cap issues, plus Iggy is under contract for next season.   What would the Flames want back??  I doubt Ryder , Paille, Hamill, would be the answer calgary is looking for. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

"If the Flyers get Iginila then they are serious contenders"???? They're 1st in the conference. They already are serious contenders!!!!! The problem I see for the Bs if they were to acquire Iggy is next years Cap. If we have him and Savard, I got to imagine we'd be up against the cap again and in the same position we found ourselves in last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

He doesn't fit the Bruins way.  He actually plays with grit.  Although this would be a nice move.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

choclab511....forget Savard, after so may concussions I think his carreer is OVER, I wonder if he can spell his name right ...Savard has had a great NHL Carrerer and did well with the B's until last year but time to say good bye to Marc, thank him for his services and wish him good luck in his new life ....

I'd live Iginla in Boston ....and why would he say NO to 3 Stanley Cups in a row

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I meant....I'd Love Igginla in Boston

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I hate to be negative, but I don't expect Chia to make a good move. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

...and Joe Thornton doesn't? '= Stanley Cup'?

Thornton is younger than Iginla has more career points in fewer games

except, in the Playoffs, where he has more points in more games!

AND

Thornton is a CENTRE!

Ok. Cue the, 'But-he-has-gravy-for-blood!!!' guys...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Actually, and of course,

we all know that when and where push comes to shove...it's really

Mike Richards = Stanley Cup

isn't it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

I think Iginla would be a fantastic addition to any team, including Boston.

His positive attitude in the dressing room would be fantastic in Boston.

I'm happy to see someone post something to get Iginla on the map. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

who in their right mind wants joe thornton back in a b's jersey? they won 1...i said 1 playoff series with him in 8+ seasons- ultimate choker...i called for that trade years before it eas made,people called me crazy.this team is a much better TEAM- since he's left-two playoff series wins and twice one win from the conference title game. who needs "big joe"-i hope you were joking awry

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

To all the people who are saying that Iginla will make the Flyers a slam dunk for the Cup, don't forget, the Flames aren't going to just give Iggy away. Philly would have to pay large to get Iginla. And the Flyers would have to send salary west, so it's not like they're adding Iginla to the current roster. There would have to be some serious subtraction going on too.

For the Bruins, we have more picks to work with and cap room if Savard gets LTIR'd, like he probably will.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Lets pray

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Wheeler, Colborne, Leafs 1st in 2011 for Iggy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsRock. Show BsRock's posts

I like dustin brown, or david booth.  i think either one of these guys would be great!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Iginla = Stanley Cup:
    [QUOTE]Actually, and of course, we all know that when and where push comes to shove...it's really Mike Richards = Stanley Cup isn't it.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    Shouldn't Richards win a cup before you start writing these equations?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

awry IS of limited inteligence...he's calling to re-aquire "big joe"-what?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I like dustin brown, or david booth.  i think either one of these guys would be great!
    Posted by BsRock[/QUOTE]

Booth would be great, but that won't happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]...and Joe Thornton doesn't? '= Stanley Cup'? Thornton is younger than Iginla has more career points in fewer games except, in the Playoffs, where he has more points in more games! AND Thornton is a CENTRE! Ok. Cue the, 'But-he-has-gravy-for-blood!!!' guys...
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]

About time someone stepped up and backed Thornton. The Bruins have zero shot at getting him (w/out giving up Seguin or someone else as valuable), and same goes for Iginla.

Why would the Flames take prospects + Wheeler/Ryder/Paille for their best player? It's a joke.

Still, of the two--I'd rather have Thornton back. Younger, a center, and a phenomenal talent despite what the haters say. (and all they ever talk about is abstracts like "heart" and "grit" and "guts.") And they blame him solely for SJ never winning a Cup (as if Iginla has ever won one for Calgary.) It's stupidity beyong stupidity to run down either player for those teams' failures, just as it was for morons like KPD to run Joe out of town based on his prejudiced natterings in the Globe.

It;s utter and complete nonsense. Talent is talent and Jumbo Joe is just what the Bruins need (and won't get).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mamico3308. Show mamico3308's posts

As far as Philly getting Iggy($7Mil cap hit), they would need to clear some serious money this year to afford him. According to CapGeek they have room to add a $3.66Mil  full year cap hit for this year.  All the space they clear can't end at the end if this year, or it will put them over by about $2Mil for next year, and I don't think they can do that.  Now with that done, is Philly any more of a contender with Iggy minus whoever goes to Calgary?  I would think that whoever they have to move to fit Iggy would make this an even move at best or would actually hurt them in the post-season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Stanley....the Bruins haven't even won ONE IN A ROW since the early 70's.  Slow down bug guy.

And, btw...if the Flyers get Igilna, you will change your STANLEYCUPTOTHEBRUINS 2011-2025 nonsense??? Please. What a phony.  You would predict a cup even if the Bruins were in last place.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would take the 2007 Jerome Iginla any day, but today's Iginla is not worth a $7mil cap hit, as well as the prospects it would take to get him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand why people think a package of Ryder/Paille/Wheeler will get you much in return.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Hamill, he's the sweetner that can make ANY deal happen.