Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Iginla

Is he going to be "Iggy" all year?

If so, you just simply won't see me here as often.

This isn't a "Change it now or lose me forever" BS post.  I'm just preparing. 

He's not a buddy.  He's not a friend.  He's not a guy anyone even knows.  It's such a stupid name.  I really cannot take reading it all year.

The difference between "Iggy" and "Iginla" is two keystrokes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Iginla

Now I know hockey season is about to start !  You toughed out Bergy this far, I guess Iginla is the final straw. LOL

p.s. on te Pats board do you know whom is DMC ?  hint he plays safety.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's less than optimal, but I'm okay with abbreviations.  It's the nicknames that kill me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's less than optimal, but I'm okay with abbreviations.  It's the nicknames that kill me.

You're an old woman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The master butcher is Shupe LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If I didn't occasionally use abbreviations, my posts would be even longer.  No one wants that.

But you won't hear "Iggy" from me.  Iggy's in the Stooges.  Iginla's on the Bruins.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

You're an old woman.[/QUOTE]

Gotta find where his offices are in Sunrise. Pay someone to hide his dentures LoL

ps. Wait till Shupster starts his page long replies on the game thread. 

"Shup STOP!!!!" so look forward to the first pre-season game Monday.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

why does it bug you so much. just ignore it. you point out that it doesn't take much to type iginla instead of iggy. true. but it also doesn't take much to just ignore it. you know who they mean by iggy, isn't that all that really matters. As long as people don't butcher the spelling of someones full name, I don't really care. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

If we are axing 'Iggy', can we at least get rid of 'Shawno' too?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

why does it bug you so much. just ignore it. you point out that it doesn't take much to type iginla instead of iggy. true. but it also doesn't take much to just ignore it. you know who they mean by iggy, isn't that all that really matters. As long as people don't butcher the spelling of someones full name, I don't really care. 

In my eyes, there are two types of people who follow sports.

People like me

People not like me

People like me follow the games and enjoy watching them.  We don't cry ourselves to sleep over losses and we don't want to fight someone who says the team we follow sucks.  We understand that we are watching a team we follow, we are not part of it.

People not like me think they are a part of the team.  They use all personal pronouns in describing everything.  "We traded Espo." "Our defense is great."  They call players by nicknames as if they are friends.  "Yeah, Bergy and Soupy were awesome for us last night, but Horts and Kruger burned our goalie."  They get upset when someone says something about the team as if it was about their mother.  They take offense when the media says this or that about the team or players on it. 

I like people like me.  These people are adult about their approach to the games.  People not like me are little kids, ditzy girls and immature beyond belief regardless of age.  I don't go out of my way to hang out (in person or virtually) with people not like me.  If so, I'd be posted on a Bieber site next.

As for why I don't ignore it, well, tell me how to.  Is there a way I can block certain words from appearing on my screen?  Are there special glasses I can wear that will remove certain words from my eyesight?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

All of them, Davey.  All of them.

Except Fat Lucic.  That's not a nickname.  That's pure comedy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

how do you ignore it? you act grown up and use a little bit of will power. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

[QUOTE]

All of them, Davey.  All of them.

Except Fat Lucic.  That's not a nickname.  That's pure comedy.

[/QUOTE]

Fat Lucic should live forever...so should cedfano.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

how do you ignore it? you act grown up and use a little bit of will power. 

That's not ignoring it.  That's changing my opinion on it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

letting something go, and changing your opinion on it are two very different things. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

We could just call him Jerry. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

How about nicknames for all players?  Will save at least a couple hundred characters of typing throughout the year. Only exception is for NAS as he will be ranting about the nicknames.  I enjoy reading the odd rant from time to time though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

At least I am not asking for people to call him by his full name:

Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

In my eyes, there are two types of people who follow sports.

People like me

People not like me

You see things in black and white, no shades of gray.

Chill out and read 50 shades of gray, Nassy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, IGGY, IGYY, IGYY, IGGY, IGGY, 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Fans refering to players by nicknames is a little cheesy. What bothers me is when people spell it Thorton. It's just an "N" on a 4th line player but it so many people do it, I notice it and it ruins my day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You brought this upon yourself, you do know that?

If you didn't already have proof that there are people around here who would like nothing better than to annoy you half to death, you have it now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Fans refering to players by nicknames is a little cheesy. What bothers me is when people spell it Thorton. It's just an "N" on a 4th line player but it so many people do it, I notice it and it ruins my day.

You're right, kel.  I also not a fan of broadcasters using them.  Like Leafs sideline guy Paul Hendricks referring to Curtis Joseph as Cujo in an interview years ago.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

This is the silliest thread I have read on these forums. Like who give's a flying F what name you call someone as long as we all know who we are talking about. To be honest if you are going to complain about a nick name and not show up on the forums good riddance. As much good knownledge you do bring to this forums it would be a shame for you to cry about a nick name.