I'm thinking of taking a year off, as a Bruin fan.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I'm thinking of taking a year off, as a Bruin fan.

I'm going to get me a place in Colorado. Somewhere in the mountains where I can't get any radio, TV or Internet reception. No hockey, horse racing or World football. I'll take my wife -it will make her very happy- and my son, if he wants to come.

I'm going to catch up on my rest. Read lots of books. Maybe take up carpentry. Grow some vegetables. Eat healthy etc. etc.

Then in September, 2013, I'll come back to civilization. Hook up my radio, get a satellite dish and get me a DSL connection and cheer on the Bruins again.

What would you do with a year off?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Re: I'm thinking of taking a year off, as a Bruin fan.

A year off with my current salary/financial standing or if I had enough cash to do what I want (within reason)?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would take a 10 years off as a fan but become the Bruins GM ....I would bring the cup back to Boston a minimum of 3 times within the next 10 years ...than I would get back as a fan and watch the next GM struggles....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (only if Khudo is our #1 goalie)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Has Boston.com taken the last two months off? Seems like they disappeared.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: I'm thinking of taking a year off, as a Bruin fan.:
    [QUOTE]Has Boston.com taken the last two months off? Seems like they disappeared.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Oates, I thought it was just me. Maybe the Globe took Nas' "Absurdity 101" thread to heart and nullified the last 2 months of threads.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In Response to I'm thinking of taking a year off, as a Bruin fan.:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to get me a place in Colorado. Somewhere in the mountains where I can't get any radio, TV or Internet reception. No hockey, horse racing or World football. I'll take my wife -it will make her very happy- and my son, if he wants to come. I'm going to catch up on my rest. Read lots of books. Maybe take up carpentry. Grow some vegetables. Eat healthy etc. etc. Then in September, 2013, I'll come back to civilization. Hook up my radio, get a satellite dish and get me a DSL connection and cheer on the Bruins again. What would you do with a year off?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Wheats, the remote hideaway without internet/technology sounds like something Ted Kaczynski did.  Also, why Colorado, the land of school and movie theater shootings?   I think taking an Absurdity 101 course might be better for you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

This is an old post. Something, or someone, has sabotaged the posts for the last two months.

Anyway, this post was to spoof Tim Thomas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]This is an old post. Something, or someone, has sabotaged the posts for the last two months. Anyway, this post was to spoof Tim Thomas.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Yep, some troll or disgruntled regular is getting their revenge by bumping old posts.

Classy....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Doesn't look like bumps, don't know what the heck is going on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm thinking of taking a year off, as a Bruin fan. : Yep, some troll or disgruntled regular is getting their revenge by bumping old posts. Classy....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it's that easy JM. I don't think you can bump a thread without adding at least something to it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking "What the..?"  Oh, well, as far as TT to Vancouver is concerned...