#ImGregoryCampbell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

#ImGregoryCampbell

Not sure if you guys caught this, but there was a Twitter hashtag thing going on the other day where fans would type in their "moments of perseverance" in tribute to Campbell. Puck Daddy had a recap (see link below) that's must-read. Wicked funny stuff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dallas-stars-official-twitter-account-wins-imgregorycampbell-sean-213825535.html#more-60538

So with all the respect in the world and mad props for "our" guy, what's your Gregory Campbell moment of perseverance? For me...

I once went to a BBQ where they only had Bud Light. I drank it anyway. #ImGregoryCampbell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: #ImGregoryCampbell

The Swedish bikini team asked me to test the water, I obliged. They joined me! #ImGregoryCampbell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't have Stanley on ignore.  I don't respond to him.  #imgregorycampbell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Was going to the Cape. Took the Sagamore instead of the Bourne #ImGregoryCampbell

----proud member of the ZTT taskforce-----

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I live in Vancouver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Didn't save 15%, but switched to Geico anyways

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Worked this morning despite a nasty hangnail - #IMGC

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

So with all the respect in the world and mad props for "our" guy, what's your Gregory Campbell moment of perseverance? For me...

I once went to a BBQ where they only had Bud Light. I drank it anyway. #ImGregoryCampbell

[/QUOTE]

I date a girl from Buffalo...Why can't I meet one from human parents?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I  intentionally in grade 5 pi$$ed off my teacher so i could get the lead back in the straps among my freinds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I used to play hockey with a longer than usual stick. #ImGregoryCampbell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Was going to the Cape. Took the Sagamore instead of the Bourne #ImGregoryCampbell

Daring!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i once sat through an entire habs/nucks game and kept myself from being physically ill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I made it to work on time this morning despite thoroughly enjoying Thisty Thursday at many bars throughout downtown Boston until closing. #IMGC

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I live in Montreal and drive the streets of Montreal with my Bruins flag

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Hiring an intern and still being nice to him after I found out he's a Pens fan

#lmGregory Campbell

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Went to bed at 2AM after the OT game.  Got up at 5 to go to work. #ImGregoryCampbell.

p.s. I had to un-ignore Stanley to see what he wrote.  I was sure that there was no way he'd understand this thread.  I'm impressed, Stanley.  Now, back to ignore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Saw this and I busted a gut - may be the funniest tweet I've ever seen

DallasStars Dallas Stars @DallasStars Had Sean Avery on our team. #ImGregoryCampbell  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I live in Vancouver.

Sorry to hear that  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

DallasStars Dallas Stars @DallasStars Had Sean Avery on our team. #ImGregoryCampbell  

What?  Even funnier than Evander Kane who later claimed he didn't realize that "fairy" was a derogatory term?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

What?  Even funnier than Evander Kane who later claimed he didn't realize that "fairy" was a derogatory term?

He knew it was derogatory, just not that it was homophobic, and I can actually believe that. The word is so out of use as a homophobic slur, at least up here, I've met a few youngun's (early 20's or younger) who don't know the origins of the word and just think it means "soft" or "fragile." I swear to god they think it's a direct reference to Tinkerbell, and don't know the bigoted background. The languuage is always evolving - 100 years ago "humbug" was considered as profane as any word that BDC won't let me type on here. As knew generations grow up, the origins and meanings of a lot of these offensive words are lost or changed. I've seen that happen with fairy to a degree already.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

He knew it was derogatory, just not that it was homophobic, and I can actually believe that. The word is so out of use as a homophobic slur, at least up here, I've met a few youngun's (early 20's or younger) who don't know the origins of the word and just think it means "soft" or "fragile." I swear to god they think it's a direct reference to Tinkerbell, and don't know the bigoted background. The languuage is always evolving - 100 years ago "humbug" was considered as profane as any word that BDC won't let me type on here. As knew generations grow up, the origins and meanings of a lot of these offensive words are lost or changed. I've seen that happen with fairy to a degree already.

[/QUOTE]

Red, I'll take your word for it. I like Kane and want to give him the benefit of doubt. That said, the kid sure does seem to make trouble for himself. He should just talk to his real friends when he watches sports instead of tweeting about it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's dicey, but I can see Kane's possible defense on this too.  90% of the insults that men use for other men amount to calling them a wimp.  I think that the term 'fairy' could be used on the basis of just trying to call comeone wimpy, rather than an implication of their sexual orientation.

Certainly choppy waters for Kane to delve into though, and he should probably know better by now.

Noticed that my pants seem a bit tighter from the approximately 5 lbs gained druing the playoffs so far.  Not good.  

But I will soldier on with moderate to heavy drinking again tomorrow night.  #ImGregoryCampbell.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I managed to take a ten minute power nap in between the first and second O.T., woke up and drank two more beers. #ImGregoryCampbell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Certainly choppy waters for Kane to delve into though, and he should probably know better by now.

Chevy should tell him to shut down his damn twitter account at this point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chevy should tell him to shut down his damn twitter account at this point.

Agreed.