In Showcase #1 - Jordan Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Showcase #1 - Jordan Caron

Anyone else get the feeling that there is to be some serious showcasing going on?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: In Showcase #1 - Jordan Caron

I dislike you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No showcasing, just very unproductive 3rd line and giving Caron a shot to see if he can help get it going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Showcase, no.  Adding a big body to give that 3rd line some grind, yes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I don't think any serious team would be fooled by a few predictably mediocre (at best) games from Caron at the NHL level after a bunch of lackluster performances in the AHL.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Caron's ceiling isn't very high. I'll stand by that. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't think I've ever felt good about his game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Showcase, no.  Adding a big body to give that 3rd line some grind, yes.

Agreed.  We've seen him patrol his wing with some efficiency before.  If he's able to use his size to be in close and chip in offensively that would also help the cause.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Look at this list of his draft from 18 on ... is Jordan Caron really doing that bad in comparison:

Louis Leblanc, Montreal, C, Omaha (USHL)

19. Chris Kreider, N.Y. Rangers, C, Andover (USHS)

20. Jacob Josefson, New Jersey (from Calgary), C, Djurgarden (Sweden).

21. John Moore, Columbus (from Philadelphia via Anaheim), D, Chicago (USHL)

22. Jordan Schroeder, Vancouver, C, U. of Minnesota (U.S. College)

23. Tim Erixon, Calgary (from New Jersey), D, Skelleftea (Sweden)

24. Marcus Johansson, Washington, C, Farjestad (Sweden)

25. Jordan Caron, Boston, RW, Rimouski (QMJHL)

26. Kyle Palmieri, Anaheim (from San Jose via Tampa Bay, Ottawa, N.Y. Islanders and Columbus), RW/C, U.S. U-18

27. Philippe Paradis, Carolina, C, Shawinigan (QMJHL)

28. Dylan Olsen, Chicago, D, Camrose (Alta. Jr. A)

29. Carter Ashton, Tampa Bay (from Detroit), RW, Lethbridge (WHL)

30. Simon Despres, Pittsburgh, D, Saint John (QMJHL).

---

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Anyone else get the feeling that there is to be some serious showcasing going on?

What does the little birdie say ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't think so either, Wheat. Flounder wasn't cutting it so they needed to do something.

Let's say Caron plays very well. Then doesn't that solve the 3rd line LW problem? If he doesn't play well, what kind of trade-bait is he? I hope he is lights out and PC can focus on getting an upgrade on D.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Right on Wthe line. I've thought Caron had all the goods to be another Lucic or better with the PK skills he showed two years ago with Bergie, and the board work last year. Don't know what de-railed him this year, but latest reports indicate he could be ready. he's not the sniper most would like, but that's not what he's being called up to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Well, I don't believe Caron is the answer to the third line woes, so why else?  Pandolfo seems to be a adequate stop gap measure.  So, showcase it is! 

Seriously though, it's Caron's last year of his entry level deal, so this may be his last chance to earn a qualifying offer.  I don't see them having the patients with him that they did with Hamil. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

Well, I don't believe Caron is the answer to the third line woes, so why else?  Pandolfo seems to be a adequate stop gap measure.  So, showcase it is! 

Seriously though, it's Caron's last year of his entry level deal, so this may be his last chance to earn a qualifying offer.  I don't see them having the patients with him that they did with Hamil. 

He should give up playing hockey and become a nursing assistant.  They'll have patients for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So Caron part of an upcoming trade then?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dental assistant.  That's why they're bringing over Soderberg - to get the office fully staffed for all the dental patients.  I guess Krejci's up first?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

lol....there is an opening for team dentist?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I don't see  showcasing either. It probably means the price for getting good 3rd line help is too high.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

I don't see  showcasing either. It probably means the price for getting good 3rd line help is too high.

Maybe, but based on the article posted by nrguy in the trade speculation thread, the prices are not as high as people are making it put to be on these boards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ask yourself this: what is the trade value of a third line winger with 10 career NHL goals in 71 games?  How is that value going to go up by playing him with Bourque and Peverley given their struggles right now?  Realistically, how many points and how much impact do you see Caron making between now and the deadline, and at what point is he being so productive that you'd be foolish to move him for an aging vet that might not be suited to playing the same role?

Now ask yourself: what do the Bruins do at the end of the year with their 2009 first round pick, whose contract is up and who would be looking at a $1M qualifying offer?  Based on this year, do you fish or cut bait with the guy?  Does he have a future in Boston?  Is he able to build on the best games from last year or is his utter failure to have an impact in Providence a sign that he has much less to offer than you might hope?

Second set of questions probably explains a lot more than the first set.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Book, check out the article posted by nrguy in the Boston Trade Speculator thread. The price for trading for help may not be as high as you think. A good pick and a decent prospect can go a long way....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bourque Kelly

Anyway, I think you see what he's got to offer.  Third and fourth line players are readily available for a team with some cap space.  Heck, there are at least 10 forwards on the Panthers that would be great third or fourth line players here.

No need to pay the guy and keep him around when he's just not good enough. I hope he is.  I hope #38 comes up and really shows that he belongs.  If not, it's Chiarelli's second first round pick to get shipped.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Book, check out the article posted by nrguy in the Boston Trade Speculator thread. The price for trading for help may not be as high as you think. A good pick and a decent prospect can go a long way....

The B's don't have a good pick to offer. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The B's don't have a good pick to offer. 

Draft pick of course. A first rounder is a first rounder....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Draft pick of course. A first rounder is a first rounder....

I agree, but unless it's 2003, there is a big difference between a 24th pick and a 10th. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I agree, but unless it's 2003, there is a big difference between a 24th pick and a 10th. 

Yes, true. Some teams need the extra picks to re-stock their farms (CGY, SJ for example) and if they are already picking high, another late 1st rounder is not so bad. Certainly better than a 2nd rounder. For context, I believe Getzlaf (the new 66 million dollar man) was a late 1st rounder.