Interesting tidbit for you Thornton Haters!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Interesting tidbit for you Thornton Haters!

Bingo!! I'm just poking the bear with a stick as this board is getting a little sensitive for being only 4 games deep.

Thornton is a clown but he's also a good leader. The team would probably be better with a skill player instead.

Been over this before.

Move on, nothing to see here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I don't think you will ever rid of players who strictly enforce.  If I was coaching and needed someone to get their azz beat (pick any Canuck player--newest addtition is Volpatti), then I will send out the Thornton type over Lucic type any day of the week.  It simply that I do not want to lose Luc for 5+ minutes or want him to get hurt.  If I lose Thornton to one of the above, it does not hurt the team as much as it does have Luc sitting in the box or on the sideline.   

LA did not win the Cup because they did not have an enforcer....The Bruins did not win the Cup because they did have an enforcer. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

2 crucial mistakes by Thornton this year have led to big goals by the opposition. Is there a stat for the teams record when he coughs the puck?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

2 crucial mistakes by Thornton this year have led to big goals by the opposition. Is there a stat for the teams record when he coughs the puck?

We can unofficially keep track starting now....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Ugh. Who they going to play instead? Sauve? Puhlease. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Want a pro ST remark from me.  ST did turn over the puck.  But it wasn't in our end.  Fwds do turn over pucks. If that was in our end I'd be more critical.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The turnover was in the neutral zone becuase Thornton couldn't figure out that all he needed to do is just dump the puck in. Either way it led directly to a goal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The turnover was in the neutral zone becuase Thornton couldn't figure out that all he needed to do is just dump the puck in. Either way it led directly to a goal.

Concur but did the rest of the team take a nap.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Very true and it's not worth arguing. Shawn isn't going anywhere with Julien in town.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Very true and it's not worth arguing. Shawn isn't going anywhere with Julien in town.

I don't mind expressing my thoughts on how he should be used.  And yes he thinks he can dangle which i truly laugh at.  But this wasnt a Steve Smith moment.  Neutral zone turnover.  They happen a lot in a game.  Bruins win.  I wouldn't have faulted him for a loss had it happened.  Maybe if he's the last man back.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

At the end of the day he has 2 cup rings and maybe a #3 after this season. How many do you any of us have. i think none. LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

I can't believe people get on Thornton.  Guy is a 110% player, a good fighter and scores goals for a goon.

Boston features one of the best 4th lines in this league.

Anyone expecting perfection from a 4th line player is just being totally irrational.  Thornton will be a reason why we win more than we lose.  I remember the days of Darren Banks, that Russian dork, Ken Baaumgartner and all the other goons who didn't do anything else and weren't even that great at fighting.

If you can get a 50 goal season out of your 4th line fighter and some basic consistency, that's what you should want.

Give it a rest, whiners.

What in the world?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Typo. lol

Meant 10.

He did that once.  Last year he had five.  Useless.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Typo. lol

Meant 10.

But he's a great leader. And don't forget the 2 Cups he has. No way Anaheim wins that Cup without Shwan Thornton in the press box for most of the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

It was the second muckup on the same shift that led to the goal.  Being said the rest of the players were expecting movement on easy plays that turned into 2 turnovers.  Bottom line don't pass him the puck, send him to the net and hope it hits him.

The rest were napping, he does lull u to sleep.

On the Neil fight, a preseason game that Lucic did damage to hishand and did not have the hands for a long time that season if I am not mistaken.

GOAT!

P.S.  How about that DOUGIE,  I bet NAS just sits and chants it to the TV all night long, we all know how he loves the name.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Although both turnovers resulted in a goal, I thought Kelley's Kough-up was the worse of the two.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Although both turnovers resulted in a goal, I thought Kelley's Kough-up was the worse of the two.

You're right Dave but it's easier to cut Kelly some slack considering how rarely he screws up defensively.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Typo. lol

Meant 10.

Obviously the Bruins don't think so & I'm sorry to bust your bubble your highness, but they mean more than you do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Typo. lol

Meant 10.

Obviously the Bruins don't think so & I'm sorry to bust your bubble your highness, but they mean more than you do.

Nite, why waste your time debating a guy who said Marchand and Mcquaid were minor league fringe players at best and the Bob McKenzie is just a guy who's sitting around making guesses like everybody here on the forum? He went on for days about why PC was a fool to draft Hamilton because Dougie wouldn't be able to help the squad during his entry level years. Seriously, can anybody remember a single time that this clown actually added something truly insightful to the forum? Was there ever a single player he pointed out that was better than you thought? His miserable results evaluating players are many but I can't think of a single time he was right. Can you? He loves telling everyone else that they're wrong but when has he ever been right on one?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I typed this a while ago but the post seems to have gone missing....

4th line LW-ers in general are a pretty miserable bunch. Look around the league and rarely do you find anyone who makes a true positive impact on their team. Usually teams use that spot to goon it up, or give it to some AHLer as the last available roster spot. In both cases, it drags down the ability of the other two on that line.

The Bruins got it right. Use the 4th line LW spot for a veteran who does the job and liberates his linemates to have greater impact than they would with a goon or not-ready-for-primetime kid. Like Thornton or hate him - but Campbell and Paille would both be worse with other real options riding on the wing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

How many did you have?

Typo. lol

How many did you have? 

Meant 10.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I typed this a while ago but the post seems to have gone missing....

4th line LW-ers in general are a pretty miserable bunch. Look around the league and rarely do you find anyone who makes a true positive impact on their team. Usually teams use that spot to goon it up, or give it to some AHLer as the last available roster spot. In both cases, it drags down the ability of the other two on that line.

The Bruins got it right. Use the 4th line LW spot for a veteran who does the job and liberates his linemates to have greater impact than they would with a goon or not-ready-for-primetime kid. Like Thornton or hate him - but Campbell and Paille would both be worse with other real options riding on the wing.

Agree 100 percent. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Davinator's comment:

You're right Dave but it's easier to cut Kelly some slack considering how rarely he screws up defensively.

Touche, but I didn't hear anyone else bringing it up(slack or not)...decisions are made in a split second every time the player's on the ice. I have seen most Bruins take the puck up the boards (with little back-up) and try to stick handle around a situation and the puck is blocked, gets chipped by them, etc.

Sometimes they make quick decisions that turn the tide in the other teams favour.

But Shawn and Chris - try not to let it happen again, OK?

:^)