Is Eriksson a bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Is Eriksson a bust

Since I'm wondering why Bergeron and Marchand, who are both working hard, are not reaping the rewards, I focused on the third member Eriksson for the past two games, and have formed some opinions. He has become timid when on the ice. He doesn't go into scrums; he floats around the perimeter; and he is not using his former speed  and skills. Granted these all may be the result of his concussion, and a growing concern to avoid any further hard hits. While that reaction is understandable, he's not helping the bruins. I cannot imagine that Claude, and others have not noticed this trend, but, then again Claude does leave Thorny in the starting lineup. Eriksson was the last man up the ice when Florida scored, and he was slow in coming back, so he's not pushing himself. When on PK with Bergie, he does not break hard up the ice when Bergie gets a turnover; he kindof floats and then goes to the bench. Anyone else see these concerns ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Is Eriksson a bust

Give it some time.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Still only 2 back from concussion, and before that he was playing with new linemates on a new team. I think those are facts, not excuses. He also came back alot sooner than I would think most people thought he would, that was a vicious hit from a big man. Those factors and his track record suggest to me that he gets the benefit of the doubt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It would be very hard to believe that the player we watched in Dallas for the past several years is somehow gone.  Give it time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

New team, new city, new line mates a lot of changes. He was starting to look good when Scott clobbered him. Prior to the strike shortened season last year he 4 consecutive seasons of 25 or more goals. That kind of talent will come around he'll be fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It would be very hard to believe that the player we watched in Dallas for the past several years is somehow gone.  Give it time.

[/QUOTE]

Some guys cant play in big markets.  Im concerned but will also give it time.  he has too much talent and solid track record to give up on him.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

B's have played 15 games, Loui missed 5 of them with a concussion. If he goes the rest of the season and finishes with 8 gls and 10 assists and looks uncomfortable doing it, then yes maybe he won't fit in. The Bruins can reassess it at the end of the year. Too early to claim Loui is a bust.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

What exactly would it mean to "give up on him" anyway?  Get some app for your TV or computer that edits him out of games so you don't have to watch him?  Mentally correct every mention of him in the box score to "Bergeron"?  Go to the Garden and punch him in the throat?

Guy's on the roster and I doubt he's going anywhere.  He's scoring at exactly the same pace as Bergeron.  1 goal and 1 assist every five games.  He has no reputation as a physical player, so I didn't expect that, and I haven't seen any evidence that he has a case of the Seguins.  I think he's just fighting it, trying to do the right thing and not having it work out a lot of the time.  The game against the Stars, he made a couple of really smart plays - not on the perimeter - but no one read off of them and so he created lanes for passes that should have led to good shots, but this linemates weren't where they needed to be to capitalize - they were late or they weren't sure what he was doing.  That will come.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No.

Bigger things going on than this...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What exactly would it mean to "give up on him" anyway?  Get some app for your TV or computer that edits him out of games so you don't have to watch him?  Mentally correct every mention of him in the box score to "Bergeron"?  Go to the Garden and punch him in the throat?

Guy's on the roster and I doubt he's going anywhere.  He's scoring at exactly the same pace as Bergeron.  1 goal and 1 assist every five games.  He has no reputation as a physical player, so I didn't expect that, and I haven't seen any evidence that he has a case of the Seguins.  I think he's just fighting it, trying to do the right thing and not having it work out a lot of the time.  The game against the Stars, he made a couple of really smart plays - not on the perimeter - but no one read off of them and so he created lanes for passes that should have led to good shots, but this linemates weren't where they needed to be to capitalize - they were late or they weren't sure what he was doing.  That will come.

[/QUOTE]

He wasnt brought here to make a couple smart plays.  He was brought in to be a complete player and light the lamp.  Hes not doing this.  "Giving up on him" to me since i phrased it means maybe hes not the player we thought- maybe he cant play in the big market- maybe his points were scored on a terrible team when there was no pressure.   I probably used the term incorrectly and should have said give him some time.   I am concerned either way i write it down.  

I wish he would get a case of the Seguins 6g 9a.  They got Seguin to score.  Hes living up to his end of the deal.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What I'm reading in your comments Bogie, is that you are not seeing that Eriksson is "3rd man high". LouI is supposed to look for openings below the dot or in a good shooting lane. Also Eriksson doesn't go into the corners looking to punish the opposing player, he uses his great hands to poke check. You are not going  to see Loui push people off the puck, that is not his game.

What a lot of Bruins forwards are doing terribly is trying to make that extra, pretty pass and Eriksson is guilty of passing instead of shooting. This has been a big factor in the Bruins sluggish offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since I'm wondering why Bergeron and Marchand, who are both working hard, are not reaping the rewards, I focused on the third member Eriksson for the past two games, and have formed some opinions. He has become timid when on the ice. He doesn't go into scrums; he floats around the perimeter; and he is not using his former speed  and skills. Granted these all may be the result of his concussion, and a growing concern to avoid any further hard hits. While that reaction is understandable, he's not helping the bruins. I cannot imagine that Claude, and others have not noticed this trend, but, then again Claude does leave Thorny in the starting lineup. Eriksson was the last man up the ice when Florida scored, and he was slow in coming back, so he's not pushing himself. When on PK with Bergie, he does not break hard up the ice when Bergie gets a turnover; he kindof floats and then goes to the bench. Anyone else see these concerns ?

[/QUOTE]

Marchand is not reaping the rewards because he hasn't worked hard, except for maybe the past few games. He is the reason that the entire line has not looked as we thought they would. It's a long season and all three of them will get it going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

To me, aside from Krejci, Lucic and Rask, everyone has struggled to some degree.  Singling out Loui is crazy talk.  He wasn't part of the Cup run so I'm sure there are some growing pains for him in trying to fit in.  Same for Iggy.  Give this team time to gel, I think we'll all be happy with the end result next spring.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He wasnt brought here to make a couple smart plays.  He was brought in to be a complete player and light the lamp.  Hes not doing this.  "Giving up on him" to me since i phrased it means maybe hes not the player we thought- maybe he cant play in the big market- maybe his points were scored on a terrible team when there was no pressure.   I probably used the term incorrectly and should have said give him some time.   I am concerned either way i write it down.  

I wish he would get a case of the Seguins 6g 9a.  They got Seguin to score.  Hes living up to his end of the deal.  

[/QUOTE]

Maybe thats why Tyler is getting his points, no pressure,doesn't have to backcheck or win face-offs and not a hockey market.No one in Dallas really cares what Tyler does, in Boston they did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanBruin. Show FanBruin's posts

Wasn't that impressed with him even before the concussion,never really saw him play for Dallas,so far Smith has been the better player,but willing to give him some more time,to see what kind of player he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

What I'm reading in your comments Bogie, is that you are not seeing that Eriksson is "3rd man high". LouI is supposed to look for openings below the dot or in a good shooting lane. Also Eriksson doesn't go into the corners looking to punish the opposing player, he uses his great hands to poke check. You are not going  to see Loui push people off the puck, that is not his game.

What a lot of Bruins forwards are doing terribly is trying to make that extra, pretty pass and Eriksson is guilty of passing instead of shooting. This has been a big factor in the Bruins sluggish offense.

Like being in the slot in front of Lehtinen the other night and instead dishing to Krug who had little legitimate chance of scoring as he came in on goal to Eriksson's left.  He'll get himself sorted before long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to FanBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wasn't that impressed with him even before the concussion,never really saw him play for Dallas,so far Smith has been the better player,but willing to give him some more time,to see what kind of player he is.

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but if that's ^ true, you have a very limited perspective on this.

I think the least likely scenario is that he "can't play in a big market" (?), and the more likely explanation is that he dealing with a lot of change, and trying to fit in, instead of just playing his game the way he did in Dallas.  I'd be lying if I said I haven't been disappointed so far, but when you take a step back and wonder why, most of the explanations mentioned here seem pretty kooky.  

It only seems logical that he will adjust, rely on his talent, and get more and more comfortable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

My point, shupe, is what are you going to do differently to "give up on him?"  Just stop expecting him to score?  I'm not busting cojos, here - I just really don't get what it means to say you're going to give up on a player on the team you follow, especially after 10 games.  Does it mean even more riveting debate about how unacceptable it is (I just realized Stanley is SuperNanny) that Spooner is in the minors and Eriksson is on the second line?  Does it mean a Stanley/Peverley situation?  I just find it odd because you're (generic you) not doing anything you'd stop doing, anything that has any impact on Eriksson's production, and that's what give up usually means.

No doubt Eriksson has yet to produce the way he has. I was among those who thought that, if the chemistry evolved quickly, Bergeron-Marchand-Eriksson was a line that could lead to career numbers for each guy.  I still think there's a ton of potential there, but it hasn't happened yet.  And I still see what I wrote on another thread a while back - Marchand and Bergeron don't seem to be looking for Eriksson.  I see him breaking open often enough, but the puck doesn't get to him.  They're not on the same page as a line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:[QUOTE] What a lot of Bruins forwards are doing terribly is trying to make that extra, pretty pass and Eriksson is guilty of passing instead of shooting. This has been a big factor in the Bruins sluggish offense. [/QUOTE]

Like being in the slot in front of Lehtinen the other night and instead dishing to Krug who had little legitimate chance of scoring as he came in on goal to Eriksson's left.  He'll get himself sorted before long. [/QUOTE]

It seems that only Smith and Kelly are allowed to give Krug the sweet feed right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanBruin. Show FanBruin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FanBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but if that's ^ true, you have a very limited perspective on this.

I think the least likely scenario is that he "can't play in a big market" (?), and the more likely explanation is that he dealing with a lot of change, and trying to fit in, instead of just playing his game the way he did in Dallas.  I'd be lying if I said I haven't been disappointed so far, but when you take a step back and wonder why, most of the explanations mentioned here seem pretty kooky.  

It only seems logical that he will adjust, rely on his talent, and get more and more comfortable.

[/QUOTE]

I admit I don't know much about Erikson tell you the truth I never even herd of him before the trade,but haven't been impressed with him since day one,as far as taking time to adjust to new team.Raymond and Bolland before he got hurt didn't seem to have much trouble adjusting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd have to say that I've been disappointed in his style of play thus far. The production doesn't bother me so much because his skill is evident. There doesn't seem to be any aggression in his game at all - it's has been a reason for concern. Time will tell, but so far, I'm not seeing it. He's still enjoying the honeymoon, but it won't be too long before that's over. Time to take it up a notch or three Loudog.

Bogie - The Shawn Thornton thing is way over rated...imo. This team is displaying lots of troubling signs right now. The 4th line and Shawn Thornton are way down the list of things to worry about. I never watch a game and think - wow if we could only get more production from the 4th line, or - jeez, Caron should be on the ice instead of 22. Like I said, there are a lot of critical comments that would be valid - Shawn Thornton's impact isn't one of them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd have to say that I've been disappointed in his style of play thus far. The production doesn't bother me so much because his skill is evident. There doesn't seem to be any aggression in his game at all - it's has been a reason for concern. Time will tell, but so far, I'm not seeing it. He's still enjoying the honeymoon, but it won't be too long before that's over. Time to take it up a notch or three Loudog.

Bogie - The Shawn Thornton thing is way over rated...imo. This team is displaying lots of troubling signs right now. The 4th line and Shawn Thornton are way down the list of things to worry about. I never watch a game and think - wow if we could only get more production from the 4th line, or - jeez, Caron should be on the ice instead of 22. Like I said, there are a lot of critical comments that would be valid - Shawn Thornton's impact isn't one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Count me in on this thought process as well. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Maybe swap Iginla for Eriksson for a few games and see if the new line combos work?

25. This post has been removed.