Is Eriksson a bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Is Eriksson a bust

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When we traded kessel everyone said krejci was better then kessel and believe me I like krejci but kessel is a game breaker elite player -will krecji ever make 8m  a year or close I doubt it . Seguin is in the direction to be an elite player he was our top scorer at 19 of course his upside is higher then  krejci or bergie 

[/QUOTE]

Will Kessel or Seguin win the playoff scoring race twice in three years?  Doubt it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:[QUOTE] When we traded kessel everyone said krejci was better then kessel and believe me I like krejci but kessel is a game breaker elite player -will krecji ever make 8m  a year or close I doubt it . Seguin is in the direction to be an elite player he was our top scorer at 19 of course his upside is higher then  krejci or bergie 

[/QUOTE]

Will Kessel or Seguin win the playoff scoring race twice in three years?  Doubt it. [/QUOTE]

Only if Dallas keeps Peverley with Tyler LoL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When we traded kessel everyone said krejci was better then kessel and believe me I like krejci but kessel is a game breaker elite player -will krecji ever make 8m  a year or close I doubt it . Seguin is in the direction to be an elite player he was our top scorer at 19 of course his upside is higher then  krejci or bergie 

[/QUOTE]

Will Kessel or Seguin win the playoff scoring race twice in three years?  Doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

I don't remember anyone comparing Krejci to Kessel. Why would they? Can you bring up the posts that has EVERYONE saying it?
    Seguin has a higher offensive upside than Krejci and Bergeron. There is more to the game and as of right now, his overall game isnt even close to those two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Stop planting seeds -- pretty soon someone will be on here suggesting he's a "lemon" and has "no heart".

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they said we had to sign krejci and then worry about kesssel because kessel was not as agood a player as krecji

btw- overall game sometimes is used as a scapegoat- chiarelli must think he is precious or almost as precious considering the contract he gave him at a young age of 19. 

[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is nobody said Krejci was better just some people said signing Krejci was more of a priority than signing Kessel? Whats wrong with that? Krejci certainly has proved his worth with his performance in the 2010 playoffs and 2013, wouldn't you agree? Also, from what we know now, Kessel wanted more than the Bruins were willing to give him and the Bruins made the right decision by making Krejci a priority, especially since they lost Savard.

BTW, how can one players overall game being better be used as a scapegoat? Is it because it doesn't favor the player you are making the case for?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep.  The team determined that they needed their future #1C under contract more than an underachieving winger who didn't seem to want to buy into the program.  I still think it was the right decision.  Krejci centring Wheeler and Ryder made those two look excellent.  Krejci with Lucic has had a lot to do with Lucic becoming a legit scoring winger.  Krejci makes the players he plays with better.  Kessel doesn't.  He plays well with better players.  It was the mantra of all Kessel supporters that he didn't perform to expectations in Toronto because he didn't have a centre.

Keep the C.  And shupe, I'll still take what Boston got out of that Kessel deal every day and twice on Sunday.  I have no faith in Kessel.  He's been better the last couple of years, so I give him credit, but you know, there are a lot of guys who get a lot of points who I don't really want to become Bruins.  I'm not addicted to flashy offensive players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they said we had to sign krejci and then worry about kesssel because kessel was not as agood a player as krecji

btw- overall game sometimes is used as a scapegoat- chiarelli must think he is precious or almost as precious considering the contract he gave him at a young age of 19. 

[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is nobody said Krejci was better just some people said signing Krejci was more of a priority than signing Kessel? Whats wrong with that? Krejci certainly has proved his worth with his performance in the 2010 playoffs and 2013, wouldn't you agree? Also, from what we know now, Kessel wanted more than the Bruins were willing to give him and the Bruins made the right decision by making Krejci a priority, especially since they lost Savard.

BTW, how can one players overall game being better be used as a scapegoat? Is it because it doesn't favor the player you are making the case for?

[/QUOTE]

Remembering back to that time i think the B's didn't want to pay Kessel more than Krejci and when David signed for less than Kessel's agent thought he was worth, the die was cast. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I have no issues with Chiarelli making Krejci a priority of Kessel. Even today I would do the same. I don't care what either makes, one player making more money than another has nothing to do with who is better. If Boston offered Toronto Krejci for Kessel, Nonis would do that trade in a second.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

I have no issues with Chiarelli making Krejci a priority of Kessel. Even today I would do the same. I don't care what either makes, one player making more money than another has nothing to do with who is better. If Boston offered Toronto Krejci for Kessel, Nonis would do that trade in a second.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that, Krejci is an Asst captain for a reason and as has been mentioned, he makes the players around him better, not to mention his playoff performances.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know I would make that trade in a second also.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Getting back to Eriksson (jeesh), is he a bust?

Answer: waaaayyyy too early for this conversation.

However, if the question was; "so far, who looks to have won this trade: Dallas or Boston?" then I am sure almost everyone would have to say Dallas.

Why? Because the trade is almost always won by who has received the best player and there is no doubt that, at this moment, Seguin is currently the best player in this deal.

That said, this is merely a snapshot in time and the dynamics may certainly change in the course of a full season and even a career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no way no way= u kidding me guys pls some vision- krejci is one of the craftiest playmakers in the game and a hot playoff player but take out kessel and put krejci in toronto and toronto chances of making playoffs are vastly reduced. Why? krecji is a player who feeds kessel feeds and gets feeded - (a game breaker) 

[/QUOTE]

He's such a gamebreaker that the Leafs hadn't made the playoffs in 8 yrs until a lockout shortened 48 game season,i don't see Kessel as a gamebreaker.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no way no way= u kidding me guys pls some vision- krejci is one of the craftiest playmakers in the game and a hot playoff player but take out kessel and put krejci in toronto and toronto chances of making playoffs are vastly reduced. Why? krecji is a player who feeds kessel feeds and gets feeded - (a game breaker) 

[/QUOTE]

You keep calling him a game breaker.  Wins and losses suggest he is not.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

marco....you never played hockey did you. Krejci is a way better hockey player than phil kessel. He helps you win hockey games more than phil kessel. it isn't even close. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

Trades, trades who got the best of the trades. I swear that if the internet had been invented thirty years ago some of you would still be debating the Al Secord for Mike O'Connell deal. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Madhouse27's comment:

Trades, trades who got the best of the trades. I swear that if the internet had been invented thirty years ago some of you would still be debating the Al Secord for Mike O'Connell deal. 

CHI raped the B's on that one.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

look kel sometimes i think you think i am the only one calling him a game breaker . The guy is a game breaker an elite player and you do not have to be on a cup team to be a game breaker.  Toronto is highly dependent on keseel if he goes whatever chances they have in playoffs go with him 

[/QUOTE]

I will agree with that. That is well put.

However, I would rather have Krejci on the Bruins right now than Kessel. Pittsburgh, would Kessel over Krejci.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.