is it about time to lock up reilly smith before he leads the team in points?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: is it about time to lock up reilly smith before he leads the team in points?

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

The luxury of having a deep team.................Rich Peverley played on the Bruins 3rd line. You commented he'd be a top 6 player on other teams.

It could happen to Eriksson............because of the depth of the Bruins.

Never say never.

[/QUOTE]

When Peverley shows the skills of Eriksson, get back to me.

[/QUOTE]

Lets not forget that Erikson was choosen be a team Sweden player for olympics. I comprehend from this is to be a choice on a very good team sweden, i will not say a negative thing about Lou.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: is it about time to lock up reilly smith before he leads the team in points?

In response to neely66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eriksson hasn't shown much yet.

[/QUOTE]

Two concussions in the span of a month will do that . 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Seguin was a 3rd liner last year.

Marchand could absolutely be demoted soon. I know he's playing a LITTLE better recently in that he's creating more chances, but he's still turning the puck over. Maybe he'll turn it around after the couple of days off.

I'm a huge Smith fan. The way he plays is incredible. He has pretty slick hands, but not crazy speed, limited strength, but he gets it done with his smarts. However, if he can put up 70 points (highest point total by a Bruin since 08-09 with Krejci and Savard getting 73 and 88, respectively), I'd s*** myself. Heck, if he breaks 60, I'll be stunned. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Keep Smith with Bergy and Marchand.  Have Spooner Center Soderberg and Erikson.  When Kelly comes back-- put him on the 4th line with Campbell and Paille.  Thorton should stay in the press box unless they are playing a team with someone like Matt Cooke (Minnesota).  Caron should be used for trying to add some more depth on D @ the Deadline if needed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

people can say that eriksson isn't a third line player. i counter with, neither is smith. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

people can say that eriksson isn't a third line player. i counter with, neither is smith. 

[/QUOTE]

Right now he's playing great.  Loui Eriksson has proven over multiple seasons that he's a Top 6 forward. 

You really need to review some hockey history. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets not forget that Erikson was choosen be a team Sweden player for olympics. I comprehend from this is to be a choice on a very good team sweden, i will not say a negative thing about Lou.

[/QUOTE]

Is he still on the Olympic roster? When would they make a final decision? A roster spot would mean he already has a timetable for return from concussion... doesn't sound right given the unpredictable nature of the injury? I would love to see him do well in the Olympics! Go Loui!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now he's playing great.  Loui Eriksson has proven over multiple seasons that he's a Top 6 forward. 

[/QUOTE]

you're right. a young, improving player has probably never played better than an established second liner and taken any of his ice time. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE] Lets not forget that Erikson was choosen be a team Sweden player for olympics. I comprehend from this is to be a choice on a very good team sweden, i will not say a negative thing about Lou.

[/QUOTE] Is he still on the Olympic roster? When would they make a final decision? doesn't sound right given the unpredictable nature of the injury? I would love to see him do well in the Olympics! Go Loui![/QUOTE]

Sweden will wait as long as LouI needs. He has been a point per game player in recent World Championships.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to neely66's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes he's proven that in Dallas the same team that u said pev would be a first liner

[/QUOTE]

Correct and who cares what he did in Dallas. He has done s*** here. I would keep Smith on the 2nd line. Smith just keeps putting the puck in the net.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to getoffthephone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Correct and who cares what he did in Dallas. He has done s*** here. I would keep Smith on the 2nd line. Smith just keeps putting the puck in the net.

[/QUOTE]

He hasn't had much of a chance to do a lot in Boston. His history in Dallas is absolutely relevant!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He hasn't had much of a chance to do a lot in Boston. His history in Dallas is absolutely relevant!

[/QUOTE]

True but you have to be nuts to take Smith off that line the way he is playing. Loui might not get that chance may be one more hit away to being Savard. Let's hope not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

True but you have to be nuts to take Smith off that line the way he is playing. Loui might not get that chance may be one more hit away to being Savard. Let's hope not.

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron is the same way and he got a big extension...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron is the same way and he got a big extension...

[/QUOTE]
    Yes but he had time between his. Loui's had 2 in not even half a season. Time will tell.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you're right. a young, improving player has probably never played better than an established second liner and taken any of his ice time. 

[/QUOTE]

If it happens so often you would've rhymed off 3 without any hesitation dumbas s! Eriksson won't be playing on the 3rd line for more than 3 games. If/When he comes back. Just like Horton didn't when he came back. I think ther only demotion you may see is Kelly dropping to the 4th line.