Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center?

Where would you put him on this list if you think so and who would you delete ?
    This list has him as an honorable mention.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Looking-ahead-to-2011-12-Ranking-the-NHL-8217-?urn=nhl-wp9636#remaining-content

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center?

Krejci is among the top 10 ...I would put him in between 5 and 9 ....and he has a Stanley Cup tp prove him ....and the B's will have another Stanley Cup next year ...the list is a joke

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Don't have too many problems with this list. My thoughts, and how it is diff from the list:
    25 Dave Bolland (-1)
    24 Jordan Staal (-4)
    23 Tomas Plekanec Even
    22 Anze Kopitar (-3)
    21 Mikko Koivu (-4)
    20 Jeff Carter (-4)
    19 Vincent Lecavalier (-8)
    18 David Krejci (+7)
    17 Nicklas Backstrom (-2)
    16 Matt Duchene (+6)
    15 Patrice Bergeron (+3)
    14 David Backes (+7)
    13 Henrik Zetterberg (+1)
    12 Joe Thornton (-3)
    11 Mike Richards (+1)
    10 Brad Richards (+3)
    9 Eric Staal (-1)
    8 Ryan Getzlaf (-1)
    7 Ryan Kesler (+7)
    6 Evgeni Malkin Even
    5 Steven Stamkos Even
    4 Henrik Sedin Even
    3 Jonathan Toews Even
    2 Pavel Datsyuk Even
    1 Sidney Crosby Even

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center?:
    [QUOTE]Where would you put him on this list if you think so and who would you delete ? This list has him as an honorable mention. http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Looking-ahead-to-2011-12-Ranking-the-NHL-8217-?urn=nhl-wp9636#remaining-content
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Tavares might eventually prove to be a superior center but he hasn't played enough yet to warrant being ahead of Krejci.

And putting Plakenec ahead of #46 is just plain criminal.

Krejci easily fits into the Top 25.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

good god yes of course

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

video evidence that krejci >>> plakenec...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmKP_nI2uXg&feature=related

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

In Response to Re: Is Krejci a top 25 NHL center?:
    [QUOTE]video evidence that krejci />>> plakenec... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmKP_nI2uXg&feature=related
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

um. everything

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Mikko Koivu & Thomas Plekanec rated ahead of Krejci, are you kidding me?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]Mikko Koivu & Thomas Plekanec rated ahead of Krejci, are you kidding me?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not in my world.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

absolutely in top 25. somewhere around 15 seems right

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

krejci and bergeron should be side by side in the low teens in my opinion.

oh and if that clown is going to count Crosby based on his past performances savard should be in the top 10.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Thank you for leading the playoffs in scoring and the Stanley cup Krejci. No Bruin has even come close to this in well 39 years

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]This is a terrible list. How at this point in thier careers could LeCavalier be rated higher then Krejci? I would put Krejci in the top 15. The guy has sick offensive skills, and is decent on the defensive end. I would like to see a bit more consistancy, but believe that will happen the more he plays. Great post!
    Posted by juniorfalcons19[/QUOTE]

LeCavalier has won a Stanley cup also and played a good number of years more than Krejci in the NHL. Also Krejci hasn't come close to LeCavalier's point totals when he was dominating.  Last season he seemed to come back to form after numerous injury filled seasons.
    All this to say while Krejci is very effective for the Bruins he has yet to peak like LeCavalier has. 
    One thing for sure they're even on Stanley Cup rings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Krecji might slip into the top 10 if he keeps developing at the pace he has shown, but NO DOUBT he's in the top 25, this list is a farce!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I would replace Krejci with any of these centers and rank Krejci at 19th. (not taking into account playoffs performances)
    Bolland (honorable mention) 
    Backstrom (one good year ad plays with Ovy)
    Jordan Staal (plays behind maybe the best 1-2 centers in the league)
    Tavares (only projected to be a league leading center, not yet . Doen't have enough games played)
    David Backes (belongs on this list but imo not ahead of Krejci. Maybe 20th)
    Anze Kopitar (good offensive and PP center but not very good defensively, in top 25 but behind Krejci)

P.S. don't forget Krejci plays on PK also.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A lot of guys on the list who may be more sonsistent and dynamic than Krejci, but leading the entire NHL playoffs in scoring en route to a Stanley Cup oughta end this argument.  Of course Krejci belongs on the list, I'd say somewhere between 12 and 18.

Other very underrated centers that should be even higher are Matt Duchene and Mikko Koivu.  Both are by far the best players on very lousy teams.

I think I would replace Dave Bolland and Backes with any number of guys (Spezza, Savard, Stastny, Roy, Ribeiro, Arnott, etc.) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

when rating players i always ask how many centers in the NHL would
    you trade Krejci straight up for. There are at least 5 i definetly would
    not and probebly another 3 or 4 i would have to really think about. so
    i would say he should be in the high teens. If he gets a little more
    consistant he would move up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Not much love around these parts for Backes. I really like his game....very well-rounded, plays with an edge, leadership, plenty left to give in his career.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Interesting discussion here.  I'm assuming this list is current play level and not based on potential or past performance.  The exception is Crosby's injury.
    I have no problem 1-15, with the exception of maybe Lecavalier out and Kopitar in. 
    As for DK?  Still needs to show more.  More consistency and better top end numbers.  He's very good but not a dominant player.  

Hopefully after this year I can say without hesitation that DK is in the top 15, top 10 would mean another Stanley Cup for the B's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd probably take Pleckanec off altogether and slot DK ahead of Bolland, Tavares, Backes, Staal, Carter, and maybe even Lecavalier - flip flop those two one way or the other depending on DK's follow up to his playoff success and Lecavalier's ability to stop his decline.  Jeff Carter has proven to be vastly over-rated - certainly not better than half the guys rated below him on the list.  The memory of his one 40+ goal season seems to obscure the fact that he's been more consistently a 60 point, 30-33 goal scorer.

Otherwise, Mike Richards is too high - Kopitar as the #1C on the Kings - and Lecavalier too. I think Vinny's settling in to be a really good #2 C.  Injuries have killed some of his explosiveness and he just isn't able to really make things happen the way he used to.  Stamkos also seems high, but maybe that's my doubt that he's as good without St Louis feeding him insane passes.  As of now, I think Marty's the guy on that team.  Dave Bolland?  Really?  If driving the Sedins to distraction was a key consideration, then Marchand would be a top 20 winger.

I will take a pass on this opportunity to start yet another JT discussion - but I struggle to see him as the 9th best C in the league right now.  I prefer Bergeron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Not much love around these parts for Backes. I really like his game....very well-rounded, plays with an edge, leadership, plenty left to give in his career.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I love Backes, I just don't think his skills are that high end, compared to other top centers.  I'm not even sure if he should really be considered a center since the Blues seem to use him frequently on the wing.  He's the kind of guy I would love to have on my team, but I also think that he tops out at 60+/- points per season and he is not a great passer (which many centers are).  I think his game is better suited to wing than center.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

My List 
    1) Crosby
    2) Kesler
    3) Datsyuk
    4) Toews
    5) H. Sedin
    6) Getzlaf
    7) Malkin
    8) Stamkos
    9) E. Staal
    10) Backstorm
    11) Tavares
    12) Bergeron
    13) Kouivu
    14) Kopitar
    15) Carter
    16) Spezza
    17) J. Staal
    18) Duchene
    19) B. Richards
    20) J. Thornton
    21) Lecavalier
    22) Backes
    23) D. Krejci
    24) D. Bolland
    25) Polekanec

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

More fantasy sports nosense. i cant believe some of the comments in here. were you people sleeping this spring? that list must be an old list because at this point in time because i cant see any player on that list besides sid that i would be compfortable trading away Krejci for. the top 3 guys are all dynamite but can you believe some of the names on that list that dont include Krej? '''what a joke'''' this is why I'm not a fan of stats polls and sports writer nonsense. lets phrase the question different: Is Krejci a top 25 playoff center iceman?......Is Krejci a top 25 center in hockey IQ? ........All those players including Krejci have great personal talents but guys like Krejci and Bergeron have somthing different. great character and heart. I'll take heart and character over talent anyday. championships just seem to follow some guys around. it's all about championships. it's all about the trophy case.............And yes I'd take Mike lowell at 3rd base over Arod in a playoff series anyday..........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE] i cant see any player on that list besides sid that i would be compfortable trading away Krejci for.

yes I'd take Mike lowell at 3rd base over Arod in a playoff series anyday..........
    Posted by riptide757[/QUOTE]

Argument, invalidated.