Is Lucic the worst 31 goal scorer EVER!?!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Is Lucic the worst 31 goal scorer EVER!?!?!?!

Seriously this guy is absolutley useless right now.  Great win by the bruins either way, but man this guy is player so bad.  Everything he does is so effort lacking.  He is playing so slow, hasn't really even come close to scoring a goal and doesnt even seem to be trying.  What is the deal with this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Is Lucic the worst 31 goal scorer EVER!?!?!?!

who cares?  they just won the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

blah blah blah...watch the game, not the score sheet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

your the worst 81 poster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Is Lucic the worst 31 goal scorer EVER!?!?!?!:
    [QUOTE]Seriously this guy is absolutley useless right now.  Great win by the bruins either way, but man this guy is player so bad.  Everything he does is so effort lacking.  He is playing so slow, hasn't really even come close to scoring a goal and doesnt even seem to be trying.  What is the deal with this guy?
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more.  It looks as if he: 1) just doesn't care or 2) is injured.  He's floating around the ice and is out of position a lot.  Also, I have yet to see him win a single one on one battle this entire series.  And his backchecking?  Ugh. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

No way! I don't think he's playing the best this playoff, but have you happened to watched the last 3 years in the playoffs? He' been a monster, he must be hurt or in a terrible funk that he will break out of. Worst 30 goal scorer he is not.

LUCIC!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He's hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Is Lucic the worst 31 goal scorer EVER!?!?!?!:
    [QUOTE]who cares?  they just won the game.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Not to mention that the turnover which led to the OT goal was initiated by Lucic. Coburn saw Lucic bearing down on him and just fired it away to avoid the hit. The errant pass goes to Horton and the rest is history.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Hey deusch bag I watched the game, how the hell can you call what lucic did a good game.  Maybe he is injured or something, I dk, but he is playing awful right now and it has nothing to do with not scoring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I could care less if he scores at all as long as they win!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmyv333. Show jimmyv333's posts

Its the one thing, other than Timmy Thomas' Heruclean effort, that I kept coming back to all game.  Lucic has to be injured.  His legs look like jelly, he is always a step behind and looks to be drifting aimlessly.  Which is bad for his game, because he needs to be involved, especially physically.  When he plays with passion the whole level of his game rises.  After seeing what we saw tonight, it has to be an injury.

Assuming thats the case, I wonder if Claude will think about moving Peverly up to the first line and Lucic down to the third, because Lucic was really dragging our first line down, especially as the game wore on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Its the one thing, other than Timmy Thomas' Heruclean effort, that I kept coming back to all game.  Lucic has to be injured.  His legs look like jelly, he is always a step behind and looks to be drifting aimlessly.  Which is bad for his game, because he needs to be involved, especially physically.  When he plays with passion the whole level of his game rises.  After seeing what we saw tonight, it has to be an injury. Assuming thats the case, I wonder if Claude will think about moving Peverly up to the first line and Lucic down to the third, because Lucic was really dragging our first line down, especially as the game wore on.
    Posted by jimmyv333[/QUOTE]

the b's have won 6 out of the last 7 games.  this might not be the best time to start juggling lines.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]Its the one thing, other than Timmy Thomas' Heruclean effort, that I kept coming back to all game.  Lucic has to be injured.  His legs look like jelly, he is always a step behind and looks to be drifting aimlessly.  Which is bad for his game, because he needs to be involved, especially physically.  When he plays with passion the whole level of his game rises.  After seeing what we saw tonight, it has to be an injury. Assuming thats the case, I wonder if Claude will think about moving Peverly up to the first line and Lucic down to the third, because Lucic was really dragging our first line down, especially as the game wore on.

I would not be opposed to seeing Seguin out there.  Lucic needs to get some games off.  Like you said, he's not moving his feet and is not being physical enough (i.e. losing every single 1-on-1 battle).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmyv333. Show jimmyv333's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Lucic the worst 31 goal scorer EVER!?!?!?! : the b's have won 6 out of the last 7 games.  this might not be the best time to start juggling lines.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

good point, but its not a move for the sake of making a move, its a reaction to lucic's possibly being injured.  did you not sense him dragging the rest of the line down there in the third and ot?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Is Lucic the worst 31 goal scorer EVER!?!?!?!:
    [QUOTE]Seriously this guy is absolutley useless right now.  Great win by the bruins either way, but man this guy is player so bad.  Everything he does is so effort lacking.  He is playing so slow, hasn't really even come close to scoring a goal and doesnt even seem to be trying.  What is the deal with this guy?
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

You seriously need your head and eyes examined. And that is no lie, Junior!

Oh, yeah, I get it, this post is a joke...right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Lucic the worst 31 goal scorer EVER!?!?!?! : good point, but its not a move for the sake of making a move, its a reaction to lucic's possibly being injured.  did you not sense him dragging the rest of the line down there in the third and ot?

i think he's been like that for a few weeks now.  this line didn't have a good series against montreal but they are having a good series vs the flyers.  i'd leave things like they are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is Lucic the worst 31 goal scorer EVER!?!?!?! : Couldn't agree with you more.  It looks as if he: 1) just doesn't care or 2) is injured.  He's floating around the ice and is out of position a lot.  Also, I have yet to see him win a single one on one battle this entire series.  And his backchecking?  Ugh. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

He's had the flu as did Chara and is not feeling at all well.  However he did play decent enough tonight and in the last game.  For god sakes Bucholz of the Red Sox couldn't even take the mound Sunday because he had the flu.  Give Lucic a break, he's had a great season and he's not letting down now because he's bored.  Common sense should have told you something is wrong. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StJohnsbruinsfan. Show StJohnsbruinsfan's posts

Ugh what about cheechoo. But didn't he score 50 lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

he had a rough OT thats for sure, but came thru for the B,s in the end....i cant give enough credit to Gill & his meathead partner for the job they did on this line in the Mtrl seris....Kudos to them, but this has been a strong line against Philly

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Lucic might be injured, but he's definately in a slump.  That said, he had a very good game tonight if you were watching.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Lucic's offensive game is really based on a couple of things - forcing turnovers (did that a lot last night), short accurate passes to the open guy (OT goals), and the juggernaut rush where he gets some space and skates with the puck - no one wants to step up on him, and, no matter how it looks, he's fast enough to skate away from the back check.  So, when he's having a bad game, he forces turnovers but doesn't secure the puck, so he gives it back and is usually out of position when that happens.  His short passes go wrong when they're too soft.  And, a la the MTL series, his rushes fall short when he tries to rush at the wrong time or when he rushes away from the net.

Last night, he was better on producing turnovers, had more presence physically, made better passes, and set up a couple of chances by rushing the puck.  He didn't fumble around as much as he has in the last couple of weeks - he's been terrible at handling passes.  He looks to be getting better, and the scoring will come if for o other reason than because Krejci is absolutely driven right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Check out Canucks Kessler...............41 goal scorer in the regular season.........ZERO goals in the postseason thus far!!

Looch will get one soon.........and then he'll score a few.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

also it was 30 goals, not 31

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic might be injured, but he's definately in a slump.  That said, he had a very good game tonight if you were watching.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

On Lucic, I believe you and I have consistently been on the same page.  below-average to awful throughout the Montreal series.  Stepped up for game 1 against Philly.  Bottomed out in game 2 vs Philly (not sure if you agree on that) and then rebounded in game 3.  I don't know how to explain this for a player whose heart is beyond question.  There is something going on but if he can build on games 1 and 3 of this sereies, then B's fans should be very excited as our depth really does approach that of the other teams left when that line is clicking at there full potential.