Is Malcolm Subban ready to challenge? assume back up position?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Is Malcolm Subban ready to challenge? assume back up position?

Or will it be Niklas Svedberg? if anyone is excited about Dobin leaving for Carolina it's these 2 guys. or will the Bruins look for a more experienced back up on the open market?

What's your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Is Malcolm Subban ready to challenge? assume back up position?

no. he has junior eligibility left. have you ever heard of a 19-20 year old back up goalie? me neither, because they have to play to develop 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Dont tell Ken Dryden that............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i think he was 24 his first year on the habs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

No...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

no. he has junior eligibility left. have you ever heard of a 19-20 year old back up goalie? me neither, because they have to play to develop 

You're on a roll. Definetly wrong ! Let me help you with junior eligibility.

The way it works is rather simple.  A CHL player whose rights are held by an NHL team is only eligible to play a full season in the AHL if:

(a) the player will turn 20 years of age by December 31st of the season in question;
    OR
    (b) the player has already completed four seasons of Junior eligibility.

Subban turns 20 December 21st which makes him AHL eligible.....unless he comes back as an overager.

Have you ever heard of a 1st round goalie going back to junior as an overager ? Me neither. Because their professional teams can't wait to get them up to a higher league to develop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No. 

The Tuukka Rask model of developing turned out to be a good one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

The way it works is rather simple.  A CHL player whose rights are held by an NHL team is only eligible to play a full season in the AHL if:

(a) the player will turn 20 years of age by December 31st of the season in question;
    OR

Subban turns 20 December 21st which makes him AHL eligible.....unless he comes back as an overager.

Have you ever heard of a 1st round goalie going back to junior as an overager ? Me neither. Because their professional teams can't wait to get them up to a higher league to develop.

[/QUOTE]

PARDON ME. i forgot his birthday. You'll admit that MOST players drafted have two years left of junior before they are AHL eligible. I'll be sure to update my calendar with this birthday information. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

OR

[/QUOTE]

PARDON ME. i forgot his birthday. You'll admit that MOST players drafted have two years left of junior before they are AHL eligible. I'll be sure to update my calendar with this birthday information. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe you should re-think this approach you've been taking lately.  If you're going to be a dick and post things like ""no. he has junior eligibility left. have you ever heard of a 19-20 year old back up goalie? me neither, because they have to play to develop", you should probably make sure your information is correct.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So the difference is $400K between Johnson and Svedbergs NHL salary. That might be enough for Subban to be Svedbergs backup. I like the competition between the three, it will be good for all of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

OR

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe you should re-think this approach you've been taking lately.  If you're going to be a dick and post things like ""no. he has junior eligibility left. have you ever heard of a 19-20 year old back up goalie? me neither, because they have to play to develop", you should probably make sure your information is correct.

[/QUOTE]

while i was wrong about my info on him being in junior, i completely stand by my point. I haven't seen a 19-20 year old back up goalie in the NHL, because they need to play. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

while i was wrong about my info on him being in junior, i completely stand by my point. I haven't seen a 19-20 year old back up goalie in the NHL, because they need to play. 

Yes, it's a great point. 

Here's another great point:

I haven't seen any 19-20 year old back up goalies throw no hitters in the World Series, because they don't play in Major League Baseball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, it's a great point. 

Here's another great point:

I haven't seen any 19-20 year old back up goalies throw no hitters in the World Series, because they don't play in Major League Baseball.

[/QUOTE]

so you think i'm wrong? you think subban will backup rask next year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

so you think i'm wrong? you think subban will backup rask next year?

No.  I think he'll be in the AHL as soon as possible.  Regardless of anything involving Subban, I don't think the B's would have a guy playing backup with zero pro experience.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

okay so you're just splitting hairs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No, I'm saying that his junior eligibility isn't a factor in whether or not he'll be in the NHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Forgot or didn't know what you were talking about ? 

Pretender !!

BTW, your condescending response to someone else deserved a suitable reply.

I obliged.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Forgot or didn't know what you were talking about ? 

Pretender !!

BTW, your condescending response to someone else deserved a suitable reply.

I obliged.

It's his new approach and it's just simply not working.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Chowda since the B's have signed Johnson to a 1 way. This means they can't send him down to Provindence without clearing waivers first? Is that how that works? 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I hate the idea of asking Tuukka to play 70 games because all they have backing him up is Johnson or Svedberg.  And lets not even discuss injuries.

A Hedberg type would be great, but of course money matters. Still rather have someone with a little more NHL time than Johnson.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Svedberg had a great year in the AHL last year, I would guess the back up position would be his to lose. Also would be willing to bet the plan is to give Subban a few years to develop in the AHL, same as how Tuukka was developed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to MDsizzle's comment:

Svedberg had a great year in the AHL last year, I would guess the back up position would be his to lose. Also would be willing to bet the plan is to give Subban a few years to develop in the AHL, same as how Tuukka was developed.

Johnson just signed a one way deal for 600,000$. They likely expect him to stay in Boston. Svedberg only costs them 70,000$ to play in Providence. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

No, I'm saying that his junior eligibility isn't a factor in whether or not he'll be in the NHL.

[/QUOTE]

instantly admitted i was wrong on that count. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to MDsizzle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Johnson just signed a one way deal for 600,000$. They likely expect him to stay in Boston. Svedberg only costs them 70,000$ to play in Providence. 

[/QUOTE]

just checked out Johnson's stats last year....  not too shabby although he only played four games....

if Svedberg isn't up to the task, maybe he'll prove to be a good pickup....