Is Seguin the secret weapon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Is Seguin the secret weapon?

So I was thinking this after several drinks and now that I'm sober it doesn't have any basis in logic, reason, and doesn't make any sense. But..........wouldn't it be great if it were true?

What if Seguin is being rationed in the regular season so he can play more minutes in the playoffs and be our secret weapon on the power play? With his speed and shot, the other teams won't know what hit them (since Julien doesn't adjust on the fly, maybe other teams won't either!!!!!.........).

Delusional - Check
    Alchohol induced - Yup
    Completely baseless - Absolutely
    Wonderful if true - I think so

(As a side note, I think Seguin could be a healthy scratch in the playoffs if he doesn't play well down the stretch)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Is Seguin the secret weapon?

Seguin is the stifled weapon. No secret about that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Is Seguin the secret weapon?:
    [QUOTE]So I was thinking this after several drinks and now that I'm sober it doesn't have any basis in logic, reason, and doesn't make any sense. But..........wouldn't it be great if it were true? What if Seguin is being rationed in the regular season so he can play more minutes in the playoffs and be our secret weapon on the power play? With his speed and shot, the other teams won't know what hit them (since Julien doesn't adjust on the fly, maybe other teams won't either!!!!!.........). Delusional - Check Alchohol induced - Yup Completely baseless - Absolutely Wonderful if true - I think so (As a side note, I think Seguin could be a healthy scratch in the playoffs if he doesn't play well down the stretch)
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking.  Hold out hope beyond reason.  That's a real fan!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Someone needs to let Julien in on the secret.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's up to Tyler nrguy what happens when he works hard enough to free himself up for a shot ? Rinne gives Segs nothing then Tyler puts it by him with barely any room.  We know Julien has him on a reward system just hope Seguin stays on the 3rd line it's worthless for him to be on the 4th line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Good post Nrguy and you're right, it would be wonderful if true.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The thought has entered my head a couple of times.  I think your analysis of the thought process is pretty accurate, though in my case no inebriation was involved.  That should probably worry me.

If nothing else, this may be giving way too much credit to Julien.  I think if Seguin starts being a significant offensive contributer, the bulk of the credit should be given to him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Is Seguin the secret weapon?:
    [QUOTE]Seguin is the stifled weapon. No secret about that.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

hah!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ive wondered this for a second or two here and there because of the Wheeler debacle that got him shipped to a crap team in Atlanta.

Seguin is a ROOKIE, fact.  He has AMAZING talent.  Fact.  Lets see what happens from here on out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Dr CC, actually Chiarelli gets the kudos. He found two speedy, veterans to keep up with Seguin; pass to him as he breaks; how many times did we see seguin brake and no pass??; It's a new ballgame for him, as well as Kelly and Peverly. May be the saving grace for at least one round.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]So I was thinking this after several drinks and now that I'm sober it doesn't have any basis in logic, reason, and doesn't make any sense. But..........wouldn't it be great if it were true? What if Seguin is being rationed in the regular season so he can play more minutes in the playoffs and be our secret weapon on the power play? With his speed and shot, the other teams won't know what hit them (since Julien doesn't adjust on the fly, maybe other teams won't either!!!!!.........). Delusional - Check Alchohol induced - Yup Completely baseless - Absolutely Wonderful if true - I think so (As a side note, I think Seguin could be a healthy scratch in the playoffs if he doesn't play well down the stretch)
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Actually he palyed on the PP against the Leafs and he did well other than scoring but had a few good chances....indeed CJ should use him more and more..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 (???) 2012-2013 (If I  become GM)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Alcoholic induced is my guess, of course when I surmise I am generally incorrect and in a sober state. So, I will be "knockin  em back"* later then reassess. Usually the Stanley Cup winners have at least one player who elevates their play to help in a playoff series or two.  Let it be Seguin!

* Paul Westerberg  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Seguin is not a secret weapon or a holstered one.  He's an unfinished one.  One that was as likely to shoot the Bruins in the foot as much as shoot the opposition.  But he did look much more complete against the Leafs, if he continues to shoot without backfiring I'm sure Julien will take him into battle more often.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

Seguin should not see the press box the rest of the way.  Let him get his PP tmie and playoff experience, I'll be right pissed if CJ doesn't give him that.  As much as its about a cup run this year, the future looks bright and part of that is giving Seguin this exposure.  Something other high end rookies around the league won't be getting.  hopefully a long playoff run awaits the Beans.  Future looks bright too, Spooner, Knight, Caron, Sauve, Arneil, and two picks in the top 35 this year - good times.  Now hammer the Devils Tonight!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Seguin is a fast kid who has a 50% chance of making it in the nHL. But, definately not this year or next. This kid reminds me of kessel, but with two nutz!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Oh, I've been the first to jump on Seguin for his poor defensive play and lackluster skating on the back check. I just think it would be great if this kid comes alive in the playoffs and everything comes together.

Posted to break up the TT sucks, Bruins suck, CJ should be fired, Recchi should be coach, PC is a moron, etc, etc, threads.

If anyone takes it seriously, apologies. Just thought it was a funny thought.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

50% chance of making it in the NHL. But not this year or next year........ I thought I was drinking.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    "Seguin a secret weapon" LOL! Can I have what you're drinking?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Give us what your drinking lol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, I've been the first to jump on Seguin for his poor defensive play and lackluster skating on the back check. I just think it would be great if this kid comes alive in the playoffs and everything comes together. Posted to break up the TT sucks, Bruins suck, CJ should be fired, Recchi should be coach, PC is a moron, etc, etc, threads. If anyone takes it seriously, apologies. Just thought it was a funny thought.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    He's such a secret that most Bruins fans don't realize he's good.If the Seguin that has shown up since the benching shows up here on out,the Bruins and I will be pleased.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Too bad he did not get more minutes earlier in the season because he seems to get better lately..now that he is getting more playing time!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Good to see CJ put him on the 3rd line w/ Kelly and Peverley.  The line has looked good, and seems to be creating good opportunity.  Happy he isn't on the 4th line like usual.  I think CJ fnally got the lines right, I'm thinking that this is what we see in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Good to see CJ put him on the 3rd line w/ Kelly and Peverley.  The line has looked good, and seems to be creating good opportunity.  Happy he isn't on the 4th line like usual.  I think CJ fnally got the lines right, I'm thinking that this is what we see in the playoffs.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]
    I could see Marchand playing his way back to the 2nd line and Ryder playing his way to the 4th.