Is Zac Rinaldo about to become Matt Cooke or is he already ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Is Zac Rinaldo about to become Matt Cooke or is he already ?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/flyers-zac-rinaldo-kos-b-j-crombeen-keeps-020603222--nhl.html

Is this loser going to get taken down by Shanhan ? Another player ? Or does the NHL wait till he makes another walking corpse out of a good hockey player ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Is Zac Rinaldo about to become Matt Cooke or is he already ?

When you get right down to it the NHL is to blame...Savard is rendered disabled, and Cooke isn't penalized and continues his career unscathed. If they truly wanted that type of behavior to end, it would, but they don't cause they think it makes money for them. Total scum - end of story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

im not a fan of his.  But what did he do wrong?  He was mad and he fought.  He kept chucking.  It looks ugly but its a hockey fight.  I hate when they call the refs in and tap bums.  The other guy fought him willingly.  He lost.  

Now some of his hits are no brainers.  Hes a dangerous player.  But i think he did nothing wrong in that fight. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yea he's a scum bag but I don't have a problem with this fight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

San,

im not a fan of his.  But what did he do wrong?  He was mad and he fought.  He kept chucking.  It looks ugly but its a hockey fight.  I hate when they call the refs in and tap bums.  The other guy fought him willingly.  He lost.  

Now some of his hits are no brainers.  Hes a dangerous player.  But i think he did nothing wrong in that fight. 

I recall Terry O'Reilly doing the same but those were different times.

Hard to point the finger on Rinaldo with this fight.  That's how he's always fought, wild.  Although Rinaldo does have a reputation of cheap shots though he will never back down from a fight . Crombeen is no saint here,  why was he trying to pick a fight with Giroux the previous game ? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bsl,

zac is a punk for sure and he will hurt someone again with his cheap play.  But this guy fights scared to lose.  Like you said, a wild fighter.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

bj crombeem is to blame. embarrassing. Zac'll put out by short season's end

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProudBruinsfan. Show ProudBruinsfan's posts

When a player is down you usually stop throwing punches at him...I think his last 2 punches were cheap shots...Crombeen was already down ...but hey what do you expect from the Flyers ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to ProudBruinsfan's comment:

When a player is down you usually stop throwing punches at him...I think his last 2 punches were cheap shots...Crombeen was already down ...but hey what do you expect from the Flyers ?

you still going and watch them ? find tickets ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Proud,

was he down on the ice.  Ever see a guy pop back up?   All the time. There are no cheap shots(punches) in a hockey fight unless the guy is laying on the ice.  The intent is to put your fist through the back of the other guys skull.  Its not a slap and tickle fight.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There is a big difference between a street fight and a NHL hockey fight. Acting like they are the same or you don't know the difference is a sad act. Rinaldo knew he had his opponemt in vunerable position, like Torres hit on Hossa, and kept throwing. To suggest Crombeen could have popped back up is complete comedy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

There is a big difference between a street fight and a NHL hockey fight. Acting like they are the same or you don't know the difference is a sad act. Rinaldo knew he had his opponemt in vunerable position, like Torres hit on Hossa, and kept throwing. To suggest Crombeen could have popped back up is complete comedy.

how many you been in?  I am pretty sure i know the difference.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And stop bringing torres into it.  It was a hockey fight.  People get hurt in hokey Fights.  Sure as heck doesnt strengthen your argument.  I have seen numerous guys pop back up in fights.  Did zack really know.  Again, have you ever been in that situation or in a fight.  Lots of guys black out and lose their marbles.  Zack is one that does that.  A fight is a fight.  I didnt know there were different types of fights.  You try to win.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In this clip probert tkos parker.  He also cracks him with another on the way down.  Probert the best pure heavyweight ever.  Parker gets up.  Ive seen guys in junior out on way down and pop back like they are crack heads.  

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GFJ1HZ2CU5g

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

People get hurt in hokey Fights.  Sure as heck doesnt strengthen your argument.  I have seen numerous guys pop back up in fights.  Did zack really know.

Hilarious!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes you are.  Maybe he should slap him with his purse next time.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Again. Ever been in one?  For someone who knows the rules of fighting on and off the ice im assuming you should be an expert on the subject.  Fail when adding torres or spell check on any argument.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Fail when adding torres

Your defense that Torres is not a complete scum is a joke on here and so is your knowledge of hockey fights. Rinaldo knew what he was doing when the two linesman were trying to end the fight becuase they Crombeen was in trouble.

You dont have to explain to me your love of headhunters which is what Torres and Rinaldo ,without a doubt, are!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Fail when adding torres

Your defense that Torres is not a complete scum is a joke on here and so is your knowledge of hockey fights. Rinaldo knew what he was doing when the two linesman were trying to end the fight becuase they Crombeen was in trouble.

You dont have to explain to me your love of headhunters which is what Torres and Rinaldo ,without a doubt, are!

Fail.  Already had a long post about how i dont respect torres game.  You jumping off the subject and bringing torres into this is laughable. 

My knowledge of hockey fights?  Not too many have agreed with you.  Who cares if Crombeens in trouble. They are fighting.  Did you want him to send a valentines his way.  He wasnt laying on the ice.  They were still engaged.  

Again, have you ever been in one.  you are questioning my knowledge of it.  what gives you the ultimate knowledge.  You stated an opinion.  Where does knowledge come from unless youve been in numerous street and hockey fights.  

Keep it coming.  You are priceless. 

i already stated zacks gonna hurt someone in an illegal way.  Ban all fights then.  Maybe they can snuggle next time.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

next time zac, call the refs in, tap him on the bum, tell him what a great job he did and go for beers after.  Maybe crombeen wont go after the flyers best player next time.  Or maybe he shouldnt drop the gloves, or maybe he shouldnt lead with his chin.  They were both chucking bombs.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115758

You go right back and reach back to some 80s or 90s fight all you want for a bad example. Watch Parros wait for Erskine get back up at the .08 second mark before hitting him again last night. You, your b**** Torres and Rinaldo still don't know the difference between a hockey fight and a street fight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Haha.  You are priceless. You really are.  How many have you been in.  I want your resume on hockey and street fights.  How many have you been?   

torres, zac and me know nothing about fights on he street or in hockey.  Haha.  You are the expert on fighting.  I need to here your stories.  

so let me get this straight.  You have to wait to get hit?  

some of the best fights are when guys just chuck them and hope for the best.  Zac tagged him and he tagged him a few more times.  Ive seen more guys get hurt hitting their heads on the ice then from a punch.  

Again, zero respect for zacs gm.  But he didnt do anything wrong.  He was fighting a willing opponent.  And he won the fight.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Proud,

was he down on the ice.  Ever see a guy pop back up?   All the time. There are no cheap shots(punches) in a hockey fight unless the guy is laying on the ice.  The intent is to put your fist through the back of the other guys skull.  Its not a slap and tickle fight.  

Crombeen was down on one knee and if Rinaldo didn't think he did anything wrong, he wouldn't have gone up to the refs pleading his case during the TV timeout. My guess is he took some flack for it on his own bench. Anyway, the ref told him it wasn't so bad because Crom was only on his way down and not flat on his back. So even Rinaldo was wondering if what he did was wrong. Apparently a number of other NHL players have stated that he will get his before the year is out. You may approve of his actions but his union brothers don't seem to.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Proud,

Crombeen was down on one knee and if Rinaldo didn't think he did anything wrong, he wouldn't have gone up to the refs pleading his case during the TV timeout. My guess is he took some flack for it on his own bench. Anyway, the ref told him it wasn't so bad because Crom was only on his way down and not flat on his back. So even Rinaldo was wondering if what he did was wrong. Apparently a number of other NHL players have stated that he will get his before the year is out. You may approve of his actions but his union brothers don't seem to.

thats my point. Did he full well know he was giving the death blow?  I watched a lot of rinaldos fights and he is out of control in them all.  

Yes a lot gave flack and a lot said its the risk you take when fighting.   Im giving san a hard time.  zac is a piece of garbage that has no place in the nhl.  In terms of fighting he didnt do anything wrong.  zac has lost more then he has won,  hes a smaller player and they both willing dropped the gloves.  

I saw the clip that you did as well.  I truly think the guy losses his mind when he fights.  There are guys like that.  Whether san wants to believe it or not.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I don't put Rinaldo in Cooke's class; he is more of a Patrick Kaleta type scumbag---Cooke's impact is a major rule change for hits to the head as well as a career ender.   Rinaldo has not had that kind of impact.  

While we are on comparisons, I do know that Volpatti from Vancouver is the next Raffi Torres.  The guy leaves his feet on 20% of his hits; he did it again last night and got away with it.