It's Tuukka time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: It's Tuukka time

In Response to It's Tuukka time:
    [QUOTE]My opinion is that TT is no longer the hot hand and Tuukka should get about 4 starts.  I've always thought TT is best when he's got something to prove.  After a few Tuukka starts either Tuukka gets hot, or TT will be back to form.  TT from a month ago would not have let in 5.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I'm not worried about his giving up 5 as long as Boston is scoring at least 6.I thought he played better than the box score indicates.A more regular platoon system would be good for the remainder of the season though.2 great goalies.Let's use them both.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Despite the score, I thought tt played pretty good too Dez

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: It's Tuukka time:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It's Tuukka time : I'm not worried about his giving up 5 as long as Boston is scoring at least 6.I thought he played better than the box score indicates.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I won't disagree, but it's time to put TT on the shelf.  It's not that he's tired, but he always plays best when he's the underdog.  Always.  Give Tuukka a real chance to take the #1 spot and it's a win either way.  Either Tuuka gets hot or TT gets hot.

TT hasn't been good, he's been great.  We've had great goaltending so far, I would like to see it stay that way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He didn't look great last night, so I don't mind Tuukka playing Saturday vs Pitt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

The top goalie in the world got the win and didn't look good doing it, trade him bench him whatever it takes he has to go. There is no chance he will bounce back from this terrible win against a top contender.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Badhab,
    you can't put him on the shelf, he's the front runner for the vezina..Gave up 5 last night, 0 the game before..Be real.
    But you shouldn't try to pretend to be a fan of thomas if your going to put the "give rask a chance to be number 1"..How easy you forget he had every opportunity to be number one at the start of the season, thomas is 19-4? leads the league in every catagory, and deserves to be number 1, even if his play falls off, it would put him what, back in the mix with rask.. Its not like the numbers are even close at this point, thomas has been better, plain and simple.  Your opinion that tuukka should get 4 starts is based on you being a fan and nothing else..  His last 3 starts he was awful, better then average, and good. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Thomas is long in the tooth. He did not look confident last night. Hard to say why but TT is out of his lucky style. Getting caught way out on the first goal is proof enough for me that it's TUUKKA TIME!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Thomas looked a little off. He was great in the first half but by the second (after 4 goals) his positioning was off and he looked like he was battling the puck. Give Rask some starts, let Timmy rest up. We've got two great goaltenders, let's start using our strengths.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

No doubt rask needs more work, based on only the fact TT needs a break and the Bs cant afford to let TT wear down.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]The top goalie in the world got the win and didn't look good doing it, trade him bench him whatever it takes he has to go. There is no chance he will bounce back from this terrible win against a top contender.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

No, you and a bunch of you aren't listening.

Stop and think aabout what I'm saying - go back to September.  TT came out with the new mask that didn't have any Bruins stuff on the front of it and everyone said he knew he would be traded and everyone thought he'd be traded.  Or he would be #2 to Tuukka.

And look what happened.  TT played standing on his head.

TT gets too many starts and he isn't as sharp.  Just look at the history, each time he's thought to be out he comes back like a house on fire.

That's all I'm saying.  Give Tuukka  a handful of starts and either TT will come back to that form where he was making outrageous saves, or Tuukka will get hot.

Either way, I want to see both goalies fresh and in a duel for best stats or #1 spot or whatever you want to call it for the playoffs.

For the playoffs I'd like hot debate about which goalie to start.

There is no real debate about who to start now as Tuukka isn't proven this year.

That's all I'm saying.  2 goalies with games under their belts and sharp come playoff time.  The ONLY way you get that is if both goalies play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas is long in the tooth. He did not look confident last night. Hard to say why but TT is out of his lucky style. Getting caught way out on the first goal is proof enough for me that it's TUUKKA TIME!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE] Please go away, your a CHRONIC COMPLAINER.
    with little hockey knowledge.
    Lucky style? I'm not sure they can imprint that on the Vezina.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Badhab,
    I am fine with rask playing more, but your talking about playing some game to make thomas think he is being surpassed on the depth chart in hopes of him playing better..

I think he knows rask is still on his tail, and will continue to play his best.. I completely agree thomas's new mask was an "if i get traded" neutral, and he had a lot to prove.. But you never know how he will react to a game like that..

He could easily turn an "FU" to the team and say look at my numbers if your going to bench me I want out, this is garbage..

He has earned his starts and the number one job, he shouldnt be "cushy" with it, but fans shouldnt be looking to take it away from him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

That was a throwaway game. 12 defensemen took the night off, or at least forgot what to do in their own zone. It was like an 80's flashback.

In Response to It's Tuukka time:
    [QUOTE]My opinion is that TT is no longer the hot hand and Tuukka should get about 4 starts.  I've always thought TT is best when he's got something to prove.  After a few Tuukka starts either Tuukka gets hot, or TT will be back to form.  TT from a month ago would not have let in 5.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I concur 110%

[QUOTE]The top goalie in the world got the win and didn't look good doing it, trade him bench him whatever it takes he has to go. There is no chance he will bounce back from this terrible win against a top contender.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirtybirds. Show dirtybirds's posts

trade tuukka

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Tuukka should play more because that's how the rotation should work he deserves more starts to keep him fresh. Rask should start against Pittsburgh not because I think Thomas had a bad game but that's how th rotation should work keeping them both sharp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dirty,
    Tuukka's not tradable, we have no capable NHL goalies in the system, thomas has been brilliant this year, but thats tuukka's net in a season or two..

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Trading Rask would reason for dismissal for PC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

There is no doubt it's Tuuka time.  Thomas took the job from Rask at the beginning of the year because he played lights out and carried the team but lately Thomas has not been all that sharp.  Take out the 6-0 games against the Senators (and everyone should as the Senators are abysmal) and in the other three games he's played recently he's given up 5, 3, and 3 goals and he got pulled in Buffalo or he would have given up more than 3.  And he was in the net for the collapses in Buffalo, Montreal and the shoot out lose in Atlanta.  (by the way the last six guys Thomas has faced in the shoot out have scored. Anyone notice lately that everyone who gets a break away, shoot out or otherwise, is going 5-hole on Thomas. The book is out).

Thomas has been doing a lot flopping around again and he's been out of position far too often lately. Is he reverting to his old ways, is he injured, is he tired? Who knows? But more importantly who cares.

Rask hasn't been immune to the soft goal in his last few starts but he's looked fresh, solid and very under control.  I'm not saying stick with Rask the rest of the way at Thomas's expense.  We will need both goalies playing well as the playoffs get closer and closer but to not give Rask a shot at putting together a nice stretch of play considering how much better he's looked recently and how sort of off kilter Thomas has looked recently would be stupid.

Thomas has and always will be inconsistent. It's not his talent it's his style of play.  When he's on he's unstoppable but even at his most own he suffers from three things:

Soft goals
    Bad in the last minute of games (not a this year thing a career thing)
    Terrible in the shootout (not a this year thing a career thing)

Who knows Rask could steal the job and take off like he did last year.  It's all about winning anyway isn't it? If Rask gives us a better chance at winning now or in the future then play him more. If Thomas does the same play him more.

Right now it looks like Rask should get the nod for at least a couple of games in a row or until he looks real bad or costs us a game or two because of bad play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bob,
    your a moron,
    Rask got pulled in buffalo, not thomas.  Thomas was not sharp in that game but you cant hold that against him, he wasn't supposed to play, he was supposed to rest, should he have been prepared, probably but with hearing how great rask is? why should he expect to be pulled in to play when he is getting his first game off in 2 weeks..

ottawa won last night, put some points up too..

Montreal, that collapse isnt on thomas its on the team, they got outshot 23-8 over the last period plus.. He had 39 saves and was the number 2 star..

The atl game thomas posted a 1.85 GAA and a .938 svs%.. got beat in the shoot out.. yeah, totally his fault..

over his last 8 games he is 5-0-3 (taking the loss for buffalo) with a GAA 2.6 (including last night, and buffalo)

so yeah he is horrible should be sat...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Bob, your a moron, Rask got pulled in buffalo, not thomas.  Thomas was not sharp in that game but you cant hold that against him, he wasn't supposed to play, he was supposed to rest, should he have been prepared, probably but with hearing how great rask is? why should he expect to be pulled in to play when he is getting his first game off in 2 weeks.. ottawa won last night, put some points up too.. Montreal, that collapse isnt on thomas its on the team, they got outshot 23-8 over the last period plus.. He had 39 saves and was the number 2 star.. The atl game thomas posted a 1.85 GAA and a .938 svs%.. got beat in the shoot out.. yeah, totally his fault.. over his last 8 games he is 5-0-3 (taking the loss for buffalo) with a GAA 2.6 (including last night, and buffalo) so yeah he is horrible should be sat...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

it's not that he's horrilble.

He plays better when he's been sat.  I don't have any idea why, whether it's psychological or physical or whether his jock needs extra time to dry out.

TT plays better after he's been sat.  TT plays his best when another goalie appears to be moving into the #1 spot  - OR -when the chips are stacked against him as they were in his first few years.

That's a fact, he plays better under those conditions and there is no debate about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Bob, your a moron, Rask got pulled in buffalo, not thomas.  Thomas was not sharp in that game but you cant hold that against him, he wasn't supposed to play, he was supposed to rest, should he have been prepared, probably but with hearing how great rask is? why should he expect to be pulled in to play when he is getting his first game off in 2 weeks.. ottawa won last night, put some points up too.. Montreal, that collapse isnt on thomas its on the team, they got outshot 23-8 over the last period plus.. He had 39 saves and was the number 2 star.. The atl game thomas posted a 1.85 GAA and a .938 svs%.. got beat in the shoot out.. yeah, totally his fault.. over his last 8 games he is 5-0-3 (taking the loss for buffalo) with a GAA 2.6 (including last night, and buffalo) so yeah he is horrible should be sat...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE] Good points roler, to bad they will fall on deaf ears for the most part.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Last night was one of the few times a year we see an '80's game.  There was NO DEFENSE ANYWHERE!  Both teams played little d, it was back and forth, trading chances and fluke goals.

Hartnells was a fluke.

Zherdev scored a great goal with a great move that Timmy came out ot challenge and lost...that MIGHT have been offsides. 

Carters wrist shot I thought hit something.  Even if it didnt, was a good goal.

Brieres empty-net goal where Thomas gave a huge rebound wasnt great, but there was NO D in the area on Briere.  Not exactly Timmys fault.

O'Donnells looked like it hit the skates of the d-man who went down, sending it up over Timmy.

Either way it was a barn-burner.  These games happen from time to time and I thought Thomas was strong, the bounces just went against him.  Luckily the Bruins WERE better than the Flyers, what really matters, and they got the points, another thing that matters.  They are 2-0-1 against the Flyers this year, beating them 3-0, losing 2-1 in a SO and last night 7-5.  Thats pretty good against the best team in the east who knocked them out last year.  Im not worried about last nights game honestly.