Jack Edwards " WHAT A SAVE BY FLEURY!!!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

Re: Jack Edwards " WHAT A SAVE BY FLEURY!!!"

Errey was driving me crazy to the point I had to call one of my buddies (pens fan) and let him have it!  Errey was pretty much working on the suspension details for Marchand for crying out loud.   Also, Crosby waiting on the bench after the 2nd period to "talk to the refs!!!" what.... you want another 5-3?  the two you had wasn't enough.??.. Krejci should have cracked him with another elbow. I disliked the Pens before this, its even worse now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from remluz. Show remluz's posts

In Response to Re: Jack Edwards " WHAT A SAVE BY FLEURY!!!":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack Edwards " WHAT A SAVE BY FLEURY!!!" : The only thing to dismiss is your tumor comment. Give this a shot -- turn the sound down on your TV and do the play-by-play into a recorder. Don't forget to memorize every players name and number around the entire league -- be sure to tag every pass to each player -- then play it back. When your done embarassing yourself -- Go post on some baseball blog moron. 
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

Very well put!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I had to listen to the Pittsburgh Homers. Now they are BAD! I'll take Jack and Brick any day and twice on Sunday vs. these Clowns. And don't get me started on Glen Healy again
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]
    I unfortunately had to listen to these two jokers as well. I know Jack is a homer but at least he does get a little enthused when the opposition scores. Unless the Penguins had the puck it was like they were announcing a state funeral. And when  one of them said that one of the Bruins tactic's is to run the other teams goalie, i had to shake my head. Any contact with TT was o.k though. These guys rank just ahead of the Leaf and Canuck announcers as the worst.Healey by the way is in a class all his own. He's in the hall of fame of brutal announcers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]BTW Seguin nice goal. did anyone else hear Jack saying " Thomas skates out to Miller's dot " ? yet another freakin funny quote.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

yeah, i caught that too, pretty funny

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i actually thought he did save it at first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i lost the puck-kinda like the chara blast that stuck in the net. no big whoop, he's still way better than 90% of the other play by play guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

My dislike for Edwards seems to be really growing. I used to defend him but im with BH I think he is losing it.

Its little things now too "penalty bench" instead of "penalty box", "spanking" I really cant stand in particular. When he says the "the blind squirell finds an acorn" I have no idea wth he is talking about.

I wish he would cut out the euphamisms by like 40% and call more of the game in a traditional edit: normal way like Goucher does.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

For those that watched the Penguins broadcast, did the guy between the benches give any indication as to what Krejci and Crosby were yapping about?  I wish NESN did this!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack Edwards " WHAT A SAVE BY FLEURY!!!" : You might have something here.  This could catch on.
    Start with the bingo board. Not updated for this years dandies

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]For those that watched the Penguins broadcast, did the guy between the benches give any indication as to what Krejci and Crosby were yapping about?  I wish NESN did this!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    My recollection of that exchange had Errey saying something like Sid was taking exception to the way Krejci was giving him the stickwork.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm guessing crosby was asking for his lunch money back. he got whooped up on last night. those big mean bruins, how dare they? don't they know sid is supposed to be the best player on the ice every night? now how are they going to fill the pre-requisite 10 minutes of crosby highlights? i'm sure the bruins will get a call from the front office. as for jack... he's eccentric, and has a pretty extensive vocabulary, which can lead to some interesting commentary. let's be thankful he doesn't say "knifed" a 1,000 times a game like emerick, and screw up half the guys names... that's annoying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I was thankful that Crosby collided with his own teammate and not a Bruin, or the chat lines and blogs would be loaded with 19 to 20 pages of comments from Pitt, Nuck, Hab, and leaf haters saying what a dirty team those B's are.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

O man Callo, I think im going to try that tonight. A 3 second sip for each jackism, I may be calling in to work tomorrow haha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

A "Bee in his Bonnet " LMAO!!!

Come on guys this guy is hilarious.

Asmaha tonight we play the drinking game. Should be fun although my wife won't join me. She says I'm way too immature for a 45 year old man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Since we had to stop, maybe the Bingo board will help even things out. Brick's layers and gap control statements were the tipping point anyway.

Gretzky's Office. Forgot that one. Purge.

I give him a hard time, but he does make it fun to watch the game. It's entertainment, and I'm more entertained by him than the national games. As long as Brick is there to cover the real hockey points, I'm fine. I only wish the ice-level work was more comprehensive. Like the comment about Sid - what was the Ref talking about? What's the in-game vibe on each bench? Would it be a crime for NESN to mic up an Assistant Coach?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimh66. Show jimh66's posts

You need to add 'wire it' to your list...

Me and my buddys had a drinking game for the National broadcast.  Anytime they referred to Eddie Olczyk as 'Enzo' we had to drink..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]A "Bee in his Bonnet " LMAO!!! Come on guys this guy is hilarious. Asmaha tonight we play the drinking game. Should be fun although my wife won't join me. She says I'm way too immature for a 45 year old man.

Yeah, he's funny...........

I just think he's getting way to carried away with impressing himself with his ability to use metaphors for like everything... Why cant he just say "So and so to So and So, Shoots save by Fluery"

Instead he has to say "So and so spoons the biscuit up to so and so who reaches around and yadda yadda SAVEEE BY FLUEEERRRYYYY"

just annoying thats all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jack Edwards " WHAT A SAVE BY FLEURY!!!" : LOL....Like I said last night I streamed the game because I cannot stand Errey and the other guy.  Too bad it wasn't in-sync to get audio from laptop and view on HD. The whole point of this thread was how excited Jack thinnking Fleury made an amazing save.  I don't find he's a homer at all. If anyone was watching when Seguin scored they would think Jack was the Pens play by play guy. No joke this guy makes game much more interesting. Just the fact that after every game someone can come here and post a quote from Jack say's it all .  

Darren Millard from Sportsnet calls Edwards the biggest homer in the league. There are many others who are worse then him IMO but ya I still think he's a homer. I got no problem with that. I like listening to him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainsy1. Show rainsy1's posts

Yeah sure Jack's a homer. ....He is paid by the bruins no. He is still miles better then Stinky and Airy in pittsburgh or the guy in Buffalo.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

On the first Bruins goal in Pitt the announcer goes "oh boy" like it was the worst thing that could have happened. Then he goes on to say "I don't even know how it got in". They barely even acknowledged the fact that it was a goal...

Biggest homer in hockey broadcasting? Buffalo Sabres GOOOAAAALLLLLLLLL guy. Can't stand him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Whoever got to listen to Jack and Brick last night were lucky. Like some of the other posters I had to listen to Errey and Steigerwald ( sp ?) . Compared to these guys Glenn Healy is great ( well not really ). I wanted to rip my ears off my head they were so annoying. And to think at one time I actually liked them . 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Errey sounds so stupid that it's hard to believe he's a former pro. Every time I thought he said the dumbest thing he could, he'd open his mouth again and top it. Even the play by play guy corrected a couple of his "musings". 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

speaking of homerism (sp?) I dont know if anyone else watching the canadian feed for the leaf game on saturday heard our buddy Healy call the garden a cesspool.  My dislike for him grows by the day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]speaking of homerism (sp?) I dont know if anyone else watching the canadian feed for the leaf game on saturday heard our buddy Healy call the garden a cesspool.  My dislike for him grows by the day.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I've been saying for awhile that Healy has gotten worse than Pierre McGuire. I find Mcguire irritating but I've developed an actual dislike for Healy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Pierre likes to use big words and pretend he's known every player since they were 5 years old but otherwise rather harmless.  Oh and he does creepy stuff like this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W666iljksc4

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Pierre likes to use big words and pretend he's known every player since they were 5 years old but otherwise rather harmless.  Oh and he does creepy stuff like this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W666iljksc4
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]
    That was strange. It was like his lust made him forget he was on tv. Dutch had to remind him what the question was.