Jack Edwards interview with Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Jack Edwards interview with Seguin

One question threw me back, Edwards asked Seguin if there were any signs of the trade coming.  So seguins says, "looking back at it" the demotion to the 3rd line.  Tyler said he misinterpretted it.  Tyler said that he thought the message was they wanted him to be an "energy type of player" on the 3rd line, that management wanted him to play that role.  And that he now realizes that the message was that it was a message about his lack of scoring production.

What?

This wasn't made crystal to him at the time?

As if it weren't obvious enough?

I don't recall him giving an interview answer as stupid as that while a Bruin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: Jack Edwards interview with Seguin

wow. That is pretty hard to believe. Communication breakdown or what?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

He sure answered the bell tonight... media is going to have a field day re-analyzing the trade

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've never turned 180 on a player like I just have Seguin.

All because of this interview.

The killer comment (there were a few) for me was when he was asked which Bruin he thought was most skilled.  He said Bergeron because blah blah blah.  Then he said it was a pleasure to be on the ice with him when he scored the OT goal vs. Toronto "when I was returned to MY line".  Really?  Not Bergeron's line?

The Bruins must have controlled his contact with the media a lot, I had no idea he was like that.  I thought he was really down to earth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE]

He sure answered the bell tonight... media is going to have a field day re-analyzing the trade. [/QUOTE]

Becuase he scored in the shootout ? or becuase he was on the ice when Benn scored ?

What else did Tyler do ? He had 2 shots all night...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Becuase he scored in the shootout ? or becuase he was on the ice when Benn scored ?

[/QUOTE]

You know facts rarely matter when there is a good story to sell...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Tyler didn't do much. Fast skater, no doubt, but.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

He sure answered the bell tonight... media is going to have a field day re-analyzing the trade.

I thought of the two, Stanley's formerly known as Flying Mosquito now known as The Lemon was the more active.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow.  

Postgame Tyler says "he had a lot of respect for the Bruins, they were one of the best in the league, at least when I was there."

The ego on this kid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Wow.  

Postgame Tyler says "he had a lot of respect for the Bruins, they were one of the best in the league, at least when I was there."

The ego on this kid.

You didn't notice his giant ego until he was traded?  I was wondering if it was going to be a problem on the day he was drafted when he talked about the matching tattoos that he and his father had just gotten.  They say SEGUIN down the backs of their upper arms. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Obviously the Father is the same type of egoist

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't really pay attention to his giant Ego too busy watching him being the top scorer.maybe they could have drafted one with no ego who can't score for crap. The conventional all heart no talent type player 

[/QUOTE]

Another awesome post.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Mutant211's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You didn't notice his giant ego until he was traded?  I was wondering if it was going to be a problem on the day he was drafted when he talked about the matching tattoos that he and his father had just gotten.  They say SEGUIN down the backs of their upper arms. 

[/QUOTE]

I saw an interview about that, Seguin said he didn't want to do it, but that his father insisted.

It was another "good boy" thing, doing what his father wanted even tho he didn't want it.

Now he's the illustrated man.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Didn't really pay attention to his giant Ego too busy watching him being the top scorer.maybe they could have drafted one with no ego who can't score for crap. The conventional all heart no talent type player 

[/QUOTE]

You are intentionally missing the point.

And then making an arguement about that.

Try talking TO people rather than AT people sometime.

So you are saying a player's ego and/or mental state NEVER have an affect on his game or team mates?

[/QUOTE]

Bad hab everyone has baggage and if you dig deep enough you will find what you want to look for. Ideally yes yiywant a player to have all of his bedside manners sign every autograph etc but its the real world whats important is whst they do on the ice not what they say or don't say and magnifying everything they do.really I find that riduculous.  same thing with kess when he got traded watch if they ever trade marchand oh good he's such a jerk who cares they're the big reason why we won a cup .

I have over 70 employees and some of them are very hard to deal with some around me say why I put up with them because they bring sometbing to the business their attitudes while not exemplary are predominated by their work performances and thats what matters. 

[/QUOTE]

What about when their performance AND bad attitude are the problem. Remember the playoffs??

Seguin was good to score the pretty goals and in shootouts, but he rarely played big or got the big goals when it mattered most.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Folks, don't forget that there are two parts to a trade.  The trade was as much about the expectation that Eriksson would be a perfect fit under Julien (and at a lower cap hit), the opportunity to send Peverley away, and a decent enough load of prospects that you figure it more likely than not one makes it, as it was any of the negatives associated with Seguin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Bad hab everyone has baggage and if you dig deep enough you will find what you want to look for. Ideally yes yiywant a player to have all of his bedside manners sign every autograph etc but its the real world whats important is whst they do on the ice not what they say or don't say and magnifying everything they do.really I find that riduculous.  same thing with kess when he got traded watch if they ever trade marchand oh good he's such a jerk who cares they're the big reason why we won a cup .

I have over 70 employees and some of them are very hard to deal with some around me say why I put up with them because they bring sometbing to the business their attitudes while not exemplary are predominated by their work performances and thats what matters. 

[/QUOTE]

Sure.  But how much is too much?

Didn't you ever fire someone because of attitude?

And who determines whether the attitude is too much or not?

The answer is the management., if it's too much for them, it's too much.

And this thread isn't about that.  For whatever reason I was led to believe this kid was Ozzie and Harriet clean.  I even was thinking the kid might be a good team captain because of all the maturity stuff I heard about.

Never mind the on ice stuff, this was the media impression I got.  I heard about him buying the used range rover for his first car.

Then the missed team meeting came out and he got benched for that - and I was shocked by the story.  Then they made it sound like he just forgot to set his alarm clock.  Then bit by bit more and more came out.

This suggests to me that the Bruins spent a fair amount of time controlling the media damage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't care about any of this.

I don't regret the trade.  My only problem with the loss last night, other than Chara's brain cramp, is having to listen to all of the crap about Taylor Sequins for another three weeks or so.

It was a perfect ending, really - he helped them win a skills competition, not a hockey game.  Whatever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know facts rarely matter when there is a good story to sell...[/QUOTE]

Yes I know with the Red Sox being done for the season, Celtics in rebuild and the Patsies in a bye week some Globe writers will make usless observations of the Bruins.

"Folks, don't forget that there are two parts to a trade.  The trade was as much about the expectation that Eriksson would be a perfect fit under Julien (and at a lower cap hit), the opportunity to send Peverley away, and a decent enough load of prospects that you figure it more likely than not one makes it, as it was any of the negatives associated with Seguin."

This has been discussed with the Shab mega-troll Doc. She ignores all that makes sense.

25. This post has been removed.