Jack Edwards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Jack Edwards

Anyone else absolutely loathe him?

-His "hilarious" comedy routine where he and Brickly say something borderline funny and then laugh like jackasses

-His screaming orgasms when the OTHER TEAM scores. Especially bad when it's a backbreakign goal. I understand not wanting to be a homer, but good lord....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Jack Edwards

Jack has been extra homerish lately (even for him), it has got to the point where he is just annoying and embarrasing.  He is getting worse than that Celtics announcer who starts screaming and whining every time a celtic players gets a foul called aginst them, or a celtic player gets touched and there isn't a foul called.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

im not a fan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

The guy is great. Just listen to the other networks and you will glad to have him.

Go B's

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Jack fan here...keep it coming homer!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stegman. Show Stegman's posts

I think he calls a good game when he sticks to describing what he's seeing. He's efficient that way. But the rampant homerism is tough to take.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

I'm a fan. Watching a game that Jack's announcing is like watching a game with a friend. Why would you want to watch the game with some random, unbiased stranger (i.e. a national announcer)?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

I like him just fine.Like a previous poster said,listen to some of the others and appreciate what we have..
     Yeah he`s a homer,but he`s OUR homer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think he is far better in the playoffs when his emotions and emphasis don't seem so manufactured.  Come game 58 when he is treating it like the Stanley Cup playoffs is extremely transparent IMO.  I did vote like because all in all I appreciate him far more often then he is annoying me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I don't like how he describes every play, every pass and every event like I'm not watching the same thing - this isn't radio Jack. I'm also not a fan of the homerish commentary followed by the excited announcement of an opponent's goal. Pick one.

I liked Dale Arnold more.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Can't stand him.  As a native of a border town and having had the luxury of having grown up with both Canadian (Hockey Night in Canada) and American broadcasters, I have to say Edwards ranks among the very worst hockey announcers I've heard in my life.  One can expect a bit of homer-ism, but he's so far gone, it's embarrassing to realize that an Original Six team pays him to do what he does; Bruins fans deserve better. At my house NESN broadcasts get muted every game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Jack is great. Let's not lose sight of the fact that he works in the entertainment field. Jack is certainly entertaining

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Fan. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Good energy, but terrible announcer...On Krecji's goal I thought I saw it go in the net, but he didn't say "he scores" or "goal" or anything, he muttered something about him putting it in about 3 seconds after the goal was scored. I was worried that I didn't see the play right because the jackazz was too busy fighting his own words to describe the play....I get to see/hear Bob Miller in Los Angeles, and he's a pro's pro, who gives you goals the way they should be called. "He shoots, he scores!!"....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmar451. Show pmar451's posts

Love Jack. hated him at first but he's totally grown on me. As for homerism, fred Cusick is the gold standard by which all hockey announcers are (and should be) judged. And he was a total homer. This is a provincial game, its presentation should cater to the locals that watch it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

wish he would shut up about the composites.  I play, I love mine dearly. and you would have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Otherwise, forgetting about all the typical jack stuff,

has anyone noticed how tongue tied he's been getting?

Lucic will get a pass and then shoot and he'll be like 'and Lucic....blasts...Prices saves'

Anybody notice that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Jack Edwards:
    [QUOTE]Watching a game that Jack's announcing is like watching a game with a friend. Why would you want to watch the game with some random, unbiased stranger (i.e. a national announcer)?
    Posted by legolaspinkerton[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is what makes Edwards good at what he does. Plus, he's come out and said he's a homer and makes no excuses about it. If he was pretending to be objective, then it would be annoyin. But he's said he's a Bruins fan and that he's going to cheer for them, so it's fine. Plus, he actually knows the game and league better than most American broadcasters and Brickley does a pretty good job staying objective and providing meaningful commentary, so the broadcast generally moderates out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I'm a fan. I live in Southern Ontario so I am stuck with the CBC feed. I've seen almost every game on NESN this season, so I am missing Jack Edwards right about now. I heard on Sportscenter what he said after Kelly scored in the empty net to ice the game- " and the Montreal fans will be hitting the streets tonight quiet"  Classic Jack, I miss him! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]As a native of a border town and having had the luxury of having grown up with both Canadian (Hockey Night in Canada) and American broadcasters
    Posted by BlueEyedGuy[/QUOTE]

Are you familiar with Rick Generiette (or however you spell his name) in Buffalo? Absolutely terrible. I think he might be getting worse ever since they brought over Harry Neale (or is it Bob Cole, always get those two confused) from CBC. Buffalo/MSG is by far the worst because, while they're homers, unlike Edwards, they pretend to be completely impartial and objective.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rybo555. Show rybo555's posts

Someone said it before but watch another teams home announcer. Straight boring.

He has been a very homerish and that is annoying but the good out weighs the bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from janesie22. Show janesie22's posts

Goucher. Pro.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

[QUOTE]Someone said it before but watch another teams home announcer. Straight boring. He has been a very homerish and that is annoying but the good out weighs the bad.
    Posted by rybo555[/QUOTE]

I said this in the other Jack Edwards thread on the first page here...I'd rather be bored then. I am watching the Bruins for the game. I am not watching to be entertained by the play by play guy.