Jagr reminds me of Espo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Jagr reminds me of Espo

The big body and all offence.

Just scores and sets up plays.

He will be great in the playoffs!!!

He is a special player.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Re: Jagr reminds me of Espo

Reminds me a lot of one Marc Savard except Jagr's bigger, stronger and better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't mean to be difficult, but he doesn't remind me of either of those guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yeah, i'm not seeing it either. But to each his own I guess, not sure Phil had the moves Jagr has.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Phil could score with the best of them but didn't have Jagr's overall skill set.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Old enough to have seen Phil on a regular basis and not just video clips. He stood in front -- picked up garbage -- very effective. Jagr skates, passes, shoots, scores and basically leaves garbage in his wake -- also extremely effective. Not really that similar in my opinion. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

Reminds me a lot of one Marc Savard except Jagr's bigger, stronger and better.

And can score, and doesn't cry to the refs at all points in time...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

No problem. Once it hits you be sure to come back and give credit because he is, as I said, a bigger, stronger player who plays an eerily similar game to the one Savard played in his last couple of years here. It's all about the hands and the vision. Almost the exact same moves, constantly gliding into open spaces to be available for easy passes, gliding backwards away from pressure to create extra space and better angles when he has the puck, lots of misdirection and no-lookers where the hands operate at a totally different speed from the feet (something Tyler simply can not do yet. he has to take a step with every stickhandle, making him easy to read). Savard just couldn't do the board work nearly as well. He might have had a better slapshot though. Don't know. Haven't seen Jagr take one yet.

I dare you to not see it now. Good luck. Cool

And I'll provide the tardsponse for those who would go with it - "i mean doesn't everybody do those things?" BOOM! Good point. Tongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chet, you're describing an elite passer, not Marc Savard.  Marc Savard was an elite passer but one who is an elite passer isn't similar to Marc Savard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to ColonCampbell's comment:

Campbell and Jagr seem to be a brilliant fit, hope it stays that way in the 1st (and only) round.

I personally wonder about this. IMO, Jagr and Marchand are working together, and Campbell is hanging on trying not to screw it up. Anything you get outta that guy is a huge bonus.

It maybe a feel good story seeing campbell succeed with some all-stars, but I wouldn't care one bit if they moved him off that line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

I personally wonder about this. IMO, Jagr and Marchand are working together, and Campbell is hanging on trying not to screw it up. Anything you get outta that guy is a huge bonus.

It maybe a feel good story seeing campbell succeed with some all-stars, but I wouldn't care one bit if they moved him off that line.

Just keeping the spot warm until Bergeron returns ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

In response to ColonCampbell's comment:

Campbell and Jagr seem to be a brilliant fit, hope it stays that way in the 1st (and only) round.

I don't think Campbell is a #1 center by any stretch, but I think he's been doing a great job. Campbell has always worked his tail off & the hostility towards his play is unwarranted. His consistency is heck of a lot better than Seguin's, who I think should be in the press box not demoted to the 3rd line. Tyler's work ethic is really starting to bother me. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Something we should never see:

"In response to ColonCampbell's comment:"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Fat Phil used to wait in front of the net while Orr did all the work, Jagr does not do that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think Soderberg is the same style of player ....but younger.....remains to be seen ..I have high hope on Sodergerg

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Fat Phil used to wait in front of the net while Orr did all the work, Jagr does not do that.

SanDog - Dead on. I was gonna post something similar but took the highroad and posted that he didn't have Jagr's skillset.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:Fat? Two cups, 76 goals in a season, several scoring titles. MVP of Canada-Russia 1972 the only fat is around your brain.

Go watch some baseball

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:Espo had 76 assists in a season!

Old enough to have seen Phil on a regular basis and not just video clips. He stood in front -- picked up garbage -- very effective. Jagr skates, passes, shoots, scores and basically leaves garbage in his wake -- also extremely effective. Not really that similar in my opinion. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:Espo had 76 assists in a season!

Been watching the Bruins for more years than I care to remember, and Phil was not a playmaker by any means. Lots of his assists were from rebounds. Fact is, scorekeepers gave them out at will, especially on home ice's throughout the league. Hodge and Cash did most of the dirty work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:Fat? Two cups, 76 goals in a season, several scoring titles. MVP of Canada-Russia 1972 the only fat is around your brain.

Go watch some baseball

The only reason Canada won that summit series was becuase of a two-handed slash by Bobby Clarke. No Bobby Orr no 76 goals if you actually watched the games the two played together. No Bobby Orr no 76" Canada Cup either.

Go watch some curling!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

...the only fat is around your brain.

Lucic's not playing tonight?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Go watch some baseball

The only reason Canada won that summit series was becuase of a two-handed slash by Bobby Clarke. No Bobby Orr no 76 goals if you actually watched the games the two played together. No Bobby Orr no 76" Canada Cup either.

Go watch some curling!

What a hoser!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Go watch some curling!

What a hoser!

That I am when watching baseball LoL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Just keeping the spot warm until Bergeron returns ?

Must be. I honestly have no idea what the bruins are gonna do once soderberg gets here.

But the fact that it means we will never see Jordan Caron again in a bruins jersey makes me want to have a slumber party with some coeds.