Jagr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1xxxxxxxxx7777. Show 1xxxxxxxxx7777's posts

Jagr

Sportsnet reporting Jagr may be going to Montreal,good there speed always gives Bruins fits.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Jagr

In response to 1xxxxxxxxx7777's comment:

Sportsnet reporting Jagr may be going to Montreal,good there speed always gives Bruins fits.

Plus his long stick will give them problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Can't wait to see Jagr at the end of the bench, bent over writhing in pain in the 3rd period.

The man is out of gas, his body is done. Best thing for Jagr to do is go back to Europe to finish out his great career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The way the puck stuck to his stick was still pretty impressive... but, agree, he's done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

The way the puck stuck to his stick was still pretty impressive... but, agree, he's done.

maybe that's why he couldn't score....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

as with all contracts, i'll wait to see the numbers until i pass judgment. i think jagr, at the right price, could be a fine third liner

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Bet he gets 50 pts whoever he plays with. That's far from being done. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

as with all contracts, i'll wait to see the numbers until i pass judgment. i think jagr, at the right price, could be a fine third liner

i have to agree. if he was ok with that role (which i believe was his role in Dallas and he was still putting up numbers), plus pp time, i don't know why the Bruins would refuse. Kelly is the kind of player who can learn his linemates' tendencies over time and then anticipate. i kind of like the idea. it would be an all-in situation for next year. people vastly underrate the chances Jagr was creating just by controlling the puck. in a third line role you might assume his defensive problems would account for, what, 15 goals against at absolute maximum? so he wouldn't have to produce all that much to come out as a net plus overall. don't think it will happen but i wouldn't be against it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If Jagr wanted to sign on for 2 million and commit to playing better defense then I'd be fine with having him on the 3rd line but he won't do either of these things. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

To put some perspective on this, Kaberle had 11 points and was +8 in 2011. He also had 5 of his points on the PP. Jagr on the other hand, had 10 points and was -1 while having 3 of his points while on the PP. What was Jagr good at again? 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'll take Caron or Fraser or Smith or Camara or Spooner or Flick or Robins or Randell or Cunningham or Knight or Khokhlachev or Fallstrom or Florek or Griffith or Lindblad [did i miss any?] over JJ on the third line any day.... 

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

i'll take Caron or Fraser or Smith or Camara or Spooner or Flick or Robins or Randell or Cunningham or Knight or Khokhlachev or Fallstrom or Florek or Griffith or Lindblad [did i miss any?] over JJ on the third line any day.... 

well I think that's short sighted. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

well I think that's short sighted. 

[/QUOTE]

aside from his rookie year, Jagr's never seen much time on a third line and he's not going to accept that now....

he did for the short haul in hopes of maybe winning a cup but he won't sign on for a complete season....

bottom-six forwards are expected to provide sound defense and energy, not so much for offense....

it also is the stepping stone for kids who need to be given the opportunity to see what they're capable of....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

well that's different. Saying that he isn't likely to be willing to accept a third line roll is something i'm 100% on board with. However I'd rather have him there than all of the guys you mentioned. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Despite his slowing speed, he is better than 90% of the players that did not make the playoffs this year.  Good move by Montreal or whoever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Despite his slowing speed, he is better than 90% of the players that did not make the playoffs this year.  Good move by Montreal or whoever.

Just when I thought your posts couldnt get any worse.

Holy crap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

[QUOTE]

maybe that's why he couldn't score....

[/QUOTE]

Lmao

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OntarioBs. Show OntarioBs's posts

100% agree

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

No reason he couldn't be cycled with a younger player. 2 games on, 1 off or something like that. Plus, there will be injuries. He still creates chances and the young guys can learn a lot from him. To this day he still sees the ice better than most players. For short money there is no downside. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

He was out of gas alot but why was he played so much?  I think he should have been a utility player.  Play the powerplays and maybe every second or third shift.  I think he would have caused some damage if he ws fresh late in the games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

He was out of gas alot but why was he played so much?  I think he should have been a utility player.  Play the powerplays and maybe every second or third shift.  I think he would have caused some damage if he ws fresh late in the games.

Top 6 players who are utility players...................now that's a new one.

He was the Bruins key acquisition at the trade deadline. He was brought in to provide offence for the playoffs. Play the crap out of him !

Scoring while sitting on the bench is a hard thing to do..........even with a long stick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Stick too long.

Nothing else matters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

A lefthand shot from Dallas playing right wing with Marchand and Bergeron who can't score. 

Louis Ericsson if you continue this trend PC will lose his job. Better make up what Jagr couldn't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

He was Dallas's leading scorer!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

A lefthand shot from Dallas playing right wing with Marchand and Bergeron who can't score. 

Louis Ericsson if you continue this trend PC will lose his job. Better make up what Jagr couldn't.

So you think PC's job rests in the performance of one player who plays the off wing ?  

Hmm........interesting !  

Fire Peter Chiarelli now before he trades for another left handed RW................................oh, and fire Julien too !