James Neal. Concusion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

James Neal. Concusion

Man they keep dropping.  Hope he gets better.  Hes a heck of a player.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: James Neal. Concusion

Do*chebag elbow by Del Zotto, completely intentional....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22015713/james-neal-leaves-game-after-questionable-michael-del-zotto-hit

Doesnt look intentional just the elbow comes up trying to brace himself for the hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes, because I always "brace myself"  for a hit by flapping my elbows around head high....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Do*chebag elbow by Del Zotto, completely intentional....

Where's Torts lobbying for a suspension?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Whinger is coming...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Whinger is coming...

The band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZHVkJ1wVFM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Eli's coming.  (SportsNight)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes, because I always "brace myself"  for a hit by flapping my elbows around head high....

And don't you say that Del Zotto left his feet either. You'll hear that "the players don't know that throwing an elbow at someones head or leaving heir feet is illegal" Somehow there is a gray area still as you know...well like... the difference between right or wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

It looked like an accident to me. Del Zotto should have had more control of his arms but he can't see Neal's head behind his back...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This looks like an accident to me too.  I can't imagine the plan here for a spinning elbow on Del Zotto's part.  Lots of moving pieces here and it looked like Neal's head just happened to catch a rotating elbow from Del Zotto.

The bigger problem is that Del Zotto is probably wearing the new spiked, titanium elbow pads that the league doesn't want to ban...

Put a softer elbow pad on him and I bet this isn't so bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I love the analysis of former referee Kerry Fraser on TSN when he covers questionable hits , plays etc , he really gives you an idea of where the ref's on the ice are at the moment of the play and if they are in a position to see the play in question..and gives his final decision...

Unfortunate play for Neal, unfortunate result...but not a suspendable offense or dirty hit..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420222

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

cowboys, I love his blog. I read almost every article he puts out. It gives you a great perspective.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Love the way Neal plays. That trade has worked out very well for Pitt. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22015713/james-neal-leaves-game-after-questionable-michael-del-zotto-hit

Doesnt look intentional just the elbow comes up trying to brace himself for the hit.

Tough to say, can't read del zotto's mind but if nothing else its reckless to throw your elbow up like that

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Tough to say, can't read del zotto's mind but if nothing else its reckless to throw your elbow up like that

If he were intentionally trying to elbow Neal in the head on that play, I'd be very, very impressed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

This looks like an accident to me too.  I can't imagine the plan here for a spinning elbow on Del Zotto's part.  Lots of moving pieces here and it looked like Neal's head just happened to catch a rotating elbow from Del Zotto.

The bigger problem is that Del Zotto is probably wearing the new spiked, titanium elbow pads that the league doesn't want to ban...

Put a softer elbow pad on him and I bet this isn't so bad.

Pens nation is on fire... but I agree this was an accident

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In light of Neal's situation injuries were the topic on TSN Sports Radio on the afternoon drive home today.  The host Dave Nalor and Bob Mackenzie were discussing the notion of injuries to some key players may change the landscape heading into the playoffs. 

Mackenzie mentioned Lupul being hurt vs Philly, Letang, Emelin.  He said the Pens could probably survive minus Crosby but "the Bruins without Patrice Bergeron are not a Cup contender."   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sadly, I think I agree RHO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Sadly, I think I agree RHO.

He's the Bruins' Mr. Everything, Fletch. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And don't you say that Del Zotto left his feet either. You'll hear that "the players don't know that throwing an elbow at someones head or leaving heir feet is illegal" Somehow there is a gray area still as you know...well like... the difference between right or wrong.

sally. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You want suspensions on every play.  Nash for example?  But yet the rules are so clear.  Its a joke.