Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev

J.K. is a very physically fit player.  Though not the greatest skater he's very strong on his skates.  Smart around the net.  Fearless.  A typical dirty goal scorer.

K.K. is a rich man's Marshmont.  Highly skilled.  Can snipe with the best of em'.  Excellent skater.  Good vision.  Smart around the net.  Will score the highlight reel goals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev

No love for Spooner?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

If any of these guys cracks the line-up, I would be surprised. They will have to show it in providence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev:
    [QUOTE]No love for Spooner?
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    I think most assume Spooner makes it before either of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev:
    [QUOTE]J.K. is a very physically fit player.  Though not the greatest skater he's very strong on his skates.  Smart around the net.  Fearless.  A typical dirty goal scorer. K.K. is a rich man's Marshmont.  Highly skilled.  Can snipe with the best of em'.  Excellent skater.  Good vision.  Smart around the net.  Will score the highlight reel goals.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Jared Knight isn't a great skater?  From what I've seen, the kid flies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev : Jared Knight isn't a great skater?  From what I've seen, the kid flies.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yep .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I didn't say he was slow, he just isn't that great of a skater.  He looks like Ryder to me.

At any rate, we'll get a look at both of them, side-by-side, next month.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't say he was slow, he just isn't that great of a skater.  He looks like Ryder to me. At any rate, we'll get a look at both of them, side-by-side, next month.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Do you think he lacks balance, or do you feel that his looks awkward?

What makes him not "that great of a skater"?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

JK - has speed and set up ability he will replace Colborne in prov.

AK- can definitely score goals and quick release, his built is small but plays big one more year in minors then he will be a prov. player ( this kid can surprise me by making a big impact very soon)

Dougie Hamilton - will be NHL ready 2012 - 2013 season after one year in prov.

This from a minor look at these players on you tube.  I will be patient until I see them perform in Prov., training camp and exhibition gms. this season

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]JK - has speed and set up ability he will replace Colborne in prov. AK- can definitely score goals and quick release, his built is small but plays big one more year in minors then he will be a prov. player ( this kid can surprise me by making a big impact very soon) Dougie Hamilton - will be NHL ready 2012 - 2013 season after one year in prov. This from a minor look at these players on you tube.  I will be patient until I see them perform in Prov., training camp and exhibition gms. this season
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

Hamilton cannot play in the AHL 2011-12.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

BoBoRielly, another thread showed that Hamilton will stay in Juniors unless he makes the Bruins. Knight should be in Providence, but the Russian will have another year in Juniors, and , based on writeups seems like another Samsonov. Any word on who the Providence coach will be?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]BoBoRielly, another thread showed that Hamilton will stay in Juniors unless he makes the Bruins. Knight should be in Providence, but the Russian will have another year in Juniors, and , based on writeups seems like another Samsonov. Any word on who the Providence coach will be?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    Bruce Cassidy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev : I think most assume Spooner makes it before either of them.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez- I thought I read that Knight made huge strides this year in rounding out all aspects of his game.  If that is true, he might be more NHL ready than Spooner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]BoBoRielly, another thread showed that Hamilton will stay in Juniors unless he makes the Bruins. Knight should be in Providence, but the Russian will have another year in Juniors, and , based on writeups seems like another Samsonov. Any word on who the Providence coach will be?
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Knight will not be in Providence. Boston or London for him . 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

He has MORE OV in his game than Samsonov.
    Hopefully he moulds more like OV than Sergei.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

29. LC Alexander Khokhlachev – Windsor (OHL)

DOB: Sep. 09/93 | Shoots: L | Height: 5.10 | Weight: 172lbs
    Midterm Rank: 28 | League Rank: 10th OHL | Country Rank: 2nd Russia
    Nobody was too sure what type of a player Khokhlachev would be this season as most in OHL circles felt he was overshadowed a bit by fellow Russian Vladimir Namestnikov. It didn’t take long for him to make his presence known, however, as Khokhlachev quickly established himself as one of the most dangerous offensive forwards in the league. Offensively, his talent level is up there with any player in the draft. He’s very good in small spaces and has a whole bag of puck tricks he uses frequently throughout the game. He’s an opportunistic scorer and if he shot more, would probably have eclipsed 40 goals this past season as well. The issue with Khokhlachev comes down to his lack of size and strength, and determining how much of an issue that’s going to be for him at the next level. His two-way game won’t blow you away, so unless he can find a way to add the muscle needed to play in the NHL, he’s going to be a bit of a risk

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev : dez- I thought I read that Knight made huge strides this year in rounding out all aspects of his game.  If that is true, he might be more NHL ready than Spooner.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    I don't disagree Crowls but I'm guessing Spooner's higher offensive upside might give him the nod at this point. If one is to make it out of camp, it's likely to be the guy that's scoring goals. I think Knight would have to outplay Caron to make the team and Spooner would need to outplay Sauve.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev : ...Spooner would need to outplay Sauve.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

SanDog will get you for even suggesting such a thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev : He has MORE OV in his game than Samsonov. Hopefully he moulds more like OV than Sergei.
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

I agree.  He goes to the net, unlike Samsonov.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]29. LC Alexander Khokhlachev – Windsor (OHL) DOB: Sep. 09/93 | Shoots: L | Height: 5.10 | Weight: 172lbs Midterm Rank: 28 | League Rank: 10th OHL | Country Rank: 2nd Russia Nobody was too sure what type of a player Khokhlachev would be this season as most in OHL circles felt he was overshadowed a bit by fellow Russian Vladimir Namestnikov. It didn’t take long for him to make his presence known, however, as Khokhlachev quickly established himself as one of the most dangerous offensive forwards in the league. Offensively, his talent level is up there with any player in the draft. He’s very good in small spaces and has a whole bag of puck tricks he uses frequently throughout the game. He’s an opportunistic scorer and if he shot more, would probably have eclipsed 40 goals this past season as well. The issue with Khokhlachev comes down to his lack of size and strength, and determining how much of an issue that’s going to be for him at the next level. His two-way game won’t blow you away, so unless he can find a way to add the muscle needed to play in the NHL, he’s going to be a bit of a risk
    Posted by SmokingJoe[/QUOTE]

They said the same thing about Skinner.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev : They said the same thing about Skinner.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Skinner "slid" to #7, this kid was picked at #40.  Any thoughts as to why he wasn't selected earlier? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev : Skinner "slid" to #7, this kid was picked at #40.  Any thoughts as to why he wasn't selected earlier? 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    He's Russian.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Knight vs Alex Khokhlachev : He's Russian.
    Posted by lereve77[/QUOTE]
    He's a Russian that's playing in the OHL having already bolted the KHL's developmental junior league. I don't think it had a whole lot to do with when he was drafted.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Skinner was ranked 34th.  He didn't slide.

Central Scouting 2010

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

TSN had Skinner @ 10, thus the "quotes" around sliding.
    http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=39853

You seem to really like Khokhlachev, I was trying to understand why he may have been picked at #40 and didn't go earlier.