Jarome Iginla is the obvious choice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Jarome Iginla is the obvious choice

With the majority of teams still in the playoff hunt during this short season the chances of Chia finding an early dance partner to trade with now rather than later is difficult. even the flames as bad as they have played are still hanging around in the standings but pobably realize they aren't going anywhere. so if Chia wants a trade sooner rather than later to get a new player acclimated faster the way he did with Kelly and Peverly is Iginla the obvious choice? or does he wait it to the deadline for more options on other players and take the chance of not getting what he wants?...................I wonder what Calgary would want in return? getting this guy makes Boston a very heavy favorite.......

Opinions anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Jarome Iginla is the obvious choice

Another Iginla thread? Ugh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Im not sure he is the obvious choice but hes my top pick with sarich coming with.  

Lots of good options.  Clowe/Murray in SJ.  Morrow/Robidas in Dallas.  Chimera/Schultz in Wash.  

Im adding def bc i believe we must upgrade with a proven nhl dman in case of injury and to possibly push AF or AM out of the lineup.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Another Iginla thread? Ugh.

Sure why not! he is the obvious choice isn't he?

The atmosphere around the Bruins is already tremendous.

Can you imagine the atmosphere in Boston if Iginla comes to town?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Im not sure he is the obvious choice but hes my top pick with sarich coming with.  

Lots of good options.  Clowe/Murray in SJ.  Morrow/Robidas in Dallas.  Chimera/Schultz in Wash.  

Im adding def bc i believe we must upgrade with a proven nhl dman in case of injury and to possibly push AF or AM out of the lineup.  

But do you want to wait? Chia doesn't

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

I dont think its up to PC.  I think its on the other teams.  Another week will clear or muddy the waters.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

I dont think its up to PC.  I think its on the other teams.  Another week will clear or muddy the waters.  

That's the problem. i dont believe another week clears up anything. look at the standings

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

That's the problem. i dont believe another week clears up anything. look at the standings

well that falls on the other gms.  There are teams already out of it like florida wash buffalo columbus, calgary Dallas.    Sure they are hanging around.  But in 3-6 games before the deadline it will become clearer.  I will follow the trend and say iggy ends up in one of 4 places.  Pitt, boston, chicago and LA.   Calgary wont lose iggy for nothing.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Here we go again. All of your are missing the boat.

There is only one obvious choice - Brendan Shanahan.

Oh, is he retired? Too bad! Anybody else is useless, no matter what their names or reputation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Oh, is he retired? Too bad! Anybody else is useless, no matter what their names or reputation.

What boat?  Where is it going?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

What boat?  Where is it going?  

The boat that had Brendan Shanahan in it. They key to the 2013 Stanley Cup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The thing is, right now  is when GM's ( out of or know they wont go anywhere in the playoffs) are thinking about next year, they look at there team now and who is potentially gone thru free agency, then look at there depth in prospects, assess there needs along with assess where they will be in the draft. Then they decide to rebuild and depending on there needs, will pursue trades.

Its more than just not making the playoffs they look at and im sure many teams are calling already, the bid wars begin now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If he becomes available and the Kings get involved I can't see anyone that would have a package as good as the Kings would have with Bernier involved. They have goaltending issues there in Calgary and Bernier could solve them and I don't think it would sting the fan base as much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Question is.......does Iggy want to move? Been playing his entire career for Calgary and he just may want to end it there.....ala Mats Sundin in Toronto. Not sure if he has an NTC?

Personally would love to see him become a Bruin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Question is.......does Iggy want to move? Been playing his entire career for Calgary and he just may want to end it there.....ala Mats Sundin in Toronto. Not sure if he has an NTC?

You know Sundin finished his career in Van right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Doan would have been a better example.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

You're right Red because even Sakic signed to play elsewhere. Doan is a sports rarity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

You're right Red because even Sakic signed to play elsewhere. Doan is a sports rarity.

He did? When? The lockout?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He did? When? The lockout?

He signed an offer sheet to play for the NYR in 1997 but it was matched by the Avs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He signed an offer sheet to play for the NYR in 1997 but it was matched by the Avs.

Huh, I did not remember that. Thanks for the info.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

here is what will probably happen. Calgary will get some phone calls, in the end they'll say they didn't get the offer they wanted, Iginla will re-sign in Calgary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if you wait, you end up with the likes of Rolston, Mottau & Zanon....  less options, not more....   

if PC feels he needs help, might as well start kicking the tires sooner rather than later....

as for Iginla, provided he's available, the Flames won't be giving up the face of the franchise cheaply and i don't think the B'S have what it would take to acquire him....  B'S will have to shop elsewhere....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I can't see PC giving away a current roster asset for a big name... more likely he'll tade picks and prospects for mediocre third line help.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

You know Sundin finished his career in Van right?

Geez, I forgot about his little visit to Vancouver! Ok, so ALMOST retired with the Leafs. :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wheats, forget it.  if you can't beat them, join them!

Iginla.  ooooooohhhh...  Iginla.  How it just rolls off your tongue!  Iginla.  Iginlahhhhh.

Imagine it.  See Iginla in black and gold.  

Can you hear Seguin calling out "IGGY!" for that Stanley Cup winning goal?

Get that Iginla look and feel.

Can you hear Horton calling out "IGGY!" for that Stanley Cup winning goal?

Come on!  go with it!

Can you hear Marchand calling out "IGGY!" for that Stanley Cup winning goal?

Are you dooling yet?  I've saved the best one for last -

Can you hear Iginla calling out "IGGY!" for that Stanley Cup winning goal?

Yes - you heard it right.  Iggy scores on an assist from Iginla!  That's because Iginla can clone himself.  It's in his contract that he can't use that skill until he leaves Calgary.  He can also cure his team mates of any injuries they have by laying hands on them.

Iginla.  just say it with me.  Iginla.  With Iginla anything can happen but only good things will.

Say Iginla to yourself until you start to feel high.

Think it.  Believe it.  If you think it and believe long and hard enough, it will happen.  And if Iginla goes, or stays with Calgary just go to the trade speculation tracker and substitute the name you like for Iginla in this post.  and what the heck, Iginla wasn't that good anyway.