Jay Pandolfo invited to camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Jay Pandolfo invited to camp

If your Chris Bourque, or Jordan Caron this can't be good news. Not sure how much he has left in the tank, very servicebale player at one point who thrived on the 4th line and PK..I see him as a long shot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Jay Pandolfo invited to camp

OK, I will admit I over value stats, but 1 goal, 2 assists and a -14 in 62 games with 10:55 TOI per game ...

Come on.  How can stats like that be ignored?

Bourque, Caron or Justin Courtnall* should all hang their heads if he beats them out.

*Justin Courtnall - #9 for Providence  http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=102305

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

As Bookboy stated maybe Brian Rolston.  Short term not big bucks.  He still has the speed game and a big shot.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Serviceable ? yah back in 2008 he was. Like with Chris Clark last year I don't think Bourque nor Caron have anything to worry about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't think they're bringing him in because they think they will need him.  If that were the case, they'd bring in someone with a little...skill.  I think he is coming "in case" they need him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

What happened to Brian Rolston?

He is still somewhat useful.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Pandolfo = longshot.

From what little I saw him last season he can still skate and was a good defensive LW, depsite his poor +/- rating. He played on the Isle so enough said. However his role here would not be 3rd line LW, it would be 4th line duty with granite-hands Paille moving up to the 3rd line which would leave Caron and Bourque, jr. in Providence. Not that I think this will happen and it's like NAS said, it's in case they need him. Bourque is my guess to start the season in Boston unless they find a skilled veteran who is a better option. Caron has not impressed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

At that will always be the case WLH, a decent veteran defensive-forward will always be good to have around in Juliens eyes "just in case".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Not concerned about this. A bit of camp depth and competition. If Caron, Bourque or McDermid play better they will get the spot.  If not Julien has a safe defensive player to fall back on and play in the bottom 6.

I am more concerned with the backend and lack of depth especially without McQuaid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If Rolston is available I'd be re-signing him & making him the depth player. JP was a fine bottom 6 & a great PK'er in his day, but I don't think he's a better option than a Bourque or a Caron at this stage of his career.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Sounds like Rolston is considering hanging them up by recent reports.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like Rolston is considering hanging them up by recent reports.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad, because he still could fit in somewhere to add depth in the play-offs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Newfiebullet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not concerned about this. A bit of camp depth and competition. If Caron, Bourque or McDermid play better they will get the spot.  If not Julien has a safe defensive player to fall back on and play in the bottom 6.

I am more concerned with the backend and lack of depth especially without McQuaid.

[/QUOTE]

This is what I think also unless he impresses the heck out of PC and Neely.  Julien might have a soft spot for him since coached him in NJ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As Bookboy stated maybe Brian Rolston.  Short term not big bucks.  He still has the speed game and a big shot.  

[/QUOTE]

Agree, I would much rather have Rolston back

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Brian Rolston - this year's Miro Satan

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a huge idea - in this shortened season a late signing for short money could be an enormous difference maker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a huge idea - in this shortened season a late signing for short money could be an enormous difference maker.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Any word on this guy yet? Is it not time that he is signed or discarded?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You missed the point there, BHab.  The year after Satan played a few games with the B's, all we heard was that they should bring Miro back.  This year it's Rolston that people want back.

And both ideas suck.