Jeff Carter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Jeff Carter?

It is obvious that the Bruins need to make a trade , the asking price for Nash is ridiculous, I think the Bruins should make a pitch for Carter. The asking price, I don't know, but with Horton's recovery questionable Carter would be a nice addition, the future is now, go for it Chiarelli.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Jeff Carter?

Noboby wants anything to do w/ Carters horrible contract otherwise he would've already been moved.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

overpaid and injury-prone... is that what we want on this team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Carter's contract isn't the only stumbling block....  he's fragile and his off-ice lifestyle, at least during his Philly days, has been questioned too.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

5.2 mill till 2022, there is no way Pete takes on that contract. I will definately pass. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Carter?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Carter? : There's plenty of other goal scoring wingers I'd rather have.  i was only saying if we could get him for nothing.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Chris Stewart?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Jeff Carter?:[QUOTE] overpaid and injury-prone... is that what we want on this team? Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Nope!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Don't know how much truth there is to this but during the week whenever Carter's name came up in the various Toronto media forums the aspect of his questionable attitude in Columbus kept coming up.  Anyone else hear this and in what form this attitude thing appeared?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

carter is a center. so no 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I wouldnt want carter for free if he was thrown into a nash deal.  10 years at krejci money, nooooo thank you.  CBJ were the only dopes who would pay up for carter at the draft, now they are looking at pennies on the dollar for a return just 9 months later!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Don't know how much truth there is to this but during the week whenever Carter's name came up in the various Toronto media forums the aspect of his questionable attitude in Columbus kept coming up.  Anyone else hear this and in what form this attitude thing appeared?
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    RHO, I heard about issues in Philly but who really knows. On the same note, they made multiple references in last night's pre-game about off-ice issues in Winnipeg with Evander Kane. I was surprised as I'd heard nothing previous. Any insights? I must ask Red about this one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Carter? : RHO, I heard about issues in Philly but who really knows. On the same note, they made multiple references in last night's pre-game about off-ice issues in Winnipeg with Evander Kane. I was surprised as I'd heard nothing previous. Any insights? I must ask Red about this one.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - A couple of weeks back I think I read something about Kane making a habit of skipping out on cheques in restaurants.  Something like that.  You're right.  Red's the one to check in with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Carter? : dez - A couple of weeks back I think I read something about Kane making a habit of skipping out on cheques in restaurants.  Something like that.  You're right.  Red's the one to check in with.
    That's a bad habit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Having just read your posts on Kane, it could be that he doesn't really like the frigid, no partying, north. That's just speculation on my part, but he's a solid, young hockey player who could do well in Boston. Adding to that fanciful thought would be Odunya. Probably this quality would require Knight or Spooner, or even Kreji with corvo, Boychuck or Ference thrown in. Pure speculation on mmy part.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sudburynorth. Show Sudburynorth's posts

I do'nt know about Carter  That big and long contract. Even if we use him as a rental player for this year ( which I would'nt mind )  How do you trade him after  with that big and long contract. Too long of a commitment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Jeff Carter is a locker room cancer. He was supposedly banging out Scott Hartnel's wife in Philly, and got bagged in the process. Chris Pronger took one side, Mike Richards took the other, the whole thing was a nightmare.

Sorry, but I don't want anyone with that kind of character on this team. Politics are one thing..... but that's unacceptable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Carter? : dez - A couple of weeks back I think I read something about Kane making a habit of skipping out on cheques in restaurants.  Something like that.  You're right.  Red's the one to check in with.

Sounds like it was started by a fan in Ottawa originally, and there has been a lot of hateful racially charged debate on the Jets boards. The Winnipeg Free Press had to shut down its comment section because of racial stereotyping and abuse labelled at Kane over this. As for how it all started and whether it is true, here's a quote from an article from the Freep's Jets reporter Gary Lawless.

The offending sign first appeared at a Jets game in Ottawa last week: "Dear Evander: Please stop walking out on your bills. Sincerely, Winnipeg servers and restauranteurs."

Kane posted the picture on his Twitter account with the message, "Ha, Ha. What a complete lie this is but I really like the colours on the poster."

The Jets were refusing comment on Saturday, but in making calls to Winnipeg restaurants I was able to learn that NHL security had conducted an investigation into the matter. A Jets executive confirmed this and stated the investigation came up empty. The folks in the restaurant business that I spoke with had good things to say about Kane.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Having just read your posts on Kane, it could be that he doesn't really like the frigid, no partying, north. That's just speculation on my part, but he's a solid, young hockey player who could do well in Boston. Adding to that fanciful thought would be Odunya. Probably this quality would require Knight or Spooner, or even Kreji with corvo, Boychuck or Ference thrown in. Pure speculation on mmy part.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Winnipeg is the very definition of a party town. There's nothing else to do for 5 months of the year ;) Sedriolusly there's more festivals, nightclubs, pubs, music halls etc. there per capita then pretty much any city I've been to.

that said, prior to the season there were rumblings Kane wanted out. That has supposedly changed, and in fact both Noel and Kane denied it at the time. But I'll be the first to admit that Kane has not had the easiest go of it off the ice, and has faced a lot of undue criticism. Unfortunately most of it appears to be racially driven. Not a good mark on Winnipeg. Peggers don't like to  admit it, but despite its cultural diversity, there are some very dark undertones of racism in that city (my family has played a frontline role in that fight having been the first in the province to hire black people in the construction industry, and that didn't happen nearly as long ago as you'd like to think).

It looks like Kane is seeing that nasty side of winnipeg.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

[QUOTE]Carter's contract isn't the only stumbling block....  he's fragile and his off-ice lifestyle, at least during his Philly days, has been questioned too.... 
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with the contract and fragile part of your statement but.....

Off ice lifestyle???????????
    Who cares!!!  I could care less if a player partied all night with hardcore bikers as long as they put the puck in the net on gameday!!  People said this kinda crapola about Ryder too but he was a very important part of winning the cup last year.  Wouldn't mind seeing Ryder on the roster now as a matter of fact.  We could certainly use his playoff experience and like him or not, he DID play very well for the Bruins on the way to hoisting Lord Stanley. Maybe it was all the rum he was drinking?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Jeff Carter is a locker room cancer. He was supposedly banging out Scott Hartnel's wife in Philly, and got bagged in the process. Chris Pronger took one side, Mike Richards took the other, the whole thing was a nightmare. Sorry, but I don't want anyone with that kind of character on this team. Politics are one thing..... but that's unacceptable.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]
    That was a rumour that a guy started as an experiment. I see he got you with it.

http://www.phillysportsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?53994-Hartnell-Carter-Comment-on-rumors

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Carter? : That was a rumour that a guy started as an experiment. I see he got you with it. http://www.phillysportsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?53994-Hartnell-Carter-Comment-on-rumors

Does this mean Jeff Carter isn't a cancer in the dressing room ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Carter? : That was a rumour that a guy started as an experiment. I see he got you with it. http://www.phillysportsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?53994-Hartnell-Carter-Comment-on-rumors

interesting, wow. pretty brutal how quickly these things spread in the age of the internet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeff Carter? : Sounds like it was started by a fan in Ottawa originally, and there has been a lot of hateful racially charged debate on the Jets boards. The Winnipeg Free Press had to shut down its comment section because of racial stereotyping and abuse labelled at Kane over this.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

red - Thanks for the info.  Dez and I knew you'd be the go-to person on it.  It's a shame to read about the reaction you describe by some of the great unwashed in Winnipeg.  I'd imagine Kane's colour is not an issue when he scores and fights for the Jets but becomes one for those select meatheads when an allegation like this occurs.