Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune

Here's the article.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune

a business man who wants to make the most $ he can.  where's the story?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

JJ still built the TD Bank Garden with his own money.  A phenomenon not always witnessed in other cities of NA.  He is a capitalist.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

In Response to Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune:
    [QUOTE]Here's the article .
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

put some kind of penalty on a season ticket holder if the seat is not filled. that will dramatically increase supply of tickets and reduce the prices.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hopefully any extra cash over head incurred by scouting, coaching & etc. that it take to win a cup would prove cost effective for JJ.

If this team wins 3-4 cups the next decade, I'll gladly shell out exorbitant money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't like to comment too much on this and what Jacobs does.  Maybe he's a smart buisness man and knows how to make money ?  I can't complain because he's been spending to the cap when ti omes to the Bruins.
    Also how could they've been in the middle of the pack (16th) in payroll when there is a cap and Bruins were almost at the cap ?  They even paid a penalty for using their bonus to stay under the cap. 
    This can only mean between the highest salary team all the way to 16th there could have been ,  what ... 10 000$ difference on 50+ cap ?  Therefore ranking from " Chicago-based Team Marketing "  on this article should be more precise and less bias.  It's obvious their agenda is to make Jacobs look cheap.
    Another example is  " increase 7.3 percent to an average price " making the Bruins the second highest increase in the league.  That tells us nothing and the Bruins are not the highest ticket nor the 2nd highest in the NHL . It's the wording they use and the perception they give Bruin fans (and NewEnglanders) reading this article that Jacobs is the only owner to raise and squeeze money out of the fans.

What I don't like is when speaking of the Bruins , reporters bring up how much money he's made with TD Garden !
    Meanwhile, the Garden itself has turned out to be a major profit center, with a steady stream of concerts, events and corporate sponsorship deals.
    Yeah and so what !!!
    This has nothing to do with the NHL and the Bruins but yet people like to bring this up as if a business man is not allowed to make money. 
    He takes the risks , he shells out the money and if he makes a profit ,  well good for him. 

What the state of Massachusetts should do is to do something about the "Ticket brokers".  They buy too much and increase the average price. But this is another story all together.

As for the development around the Garden I don't know too much about that but seems they could do something .
    I'm from Montreal and around  the Bell Centre there's nothing really appealing or can have me say they have a better site. Nothing to do around the Bell Centre and streets around it.  This from one of the richest teams in the NHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune:
    [QUOTE]a business man who wants to make the most $ he can.  where's the story?
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    I also don't see this as great "investigative journalism". As you've stated, Jacobs is a buisinessman and a good one at that. Paying higher prices for a good product makes sense. He's better than many of the other league owners we've seen over the years. Many cities would love to have a franchise that's run as efficiently as Boston has for all these years. Bruins fans usually get to watch playoff games. Not all teams fans can say that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune : I also don't see this as great "investigative journalism". As you've stated, Jacobs is a buisinessman and a good one at that. Paying higher prices for a good product makes sense. He's better than many of the other league owners we've seen over the years. Many cities would love to have a franchise that's run as efficiently as Boston has for all these years. Bruins fans usually get to watch playoff games. Not all teams fans can say that.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

please do NOT start crediting him with "efficient operation over the years". that's way too far. no reason to spend time bashing him anymore but let's not sugar coat the S#@#% leadership he showed for over a decade.

even more than that. he is simply a businessman and has little to no impact on the product on the ice. compared to Kraft, Jacobs is an absentee owner, and for many years was a slumlord.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Wow, the trolls are on the loose. Too bad that Jacobs has managed to keep the Bruins solvent for so many years. Too bad that he has turned over unproductive management and created an exciting and prosperous team while spending right up to the cap. Give us a break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

the guy is a business man and business men make money. all complaints about products on the ice should be directed to Harry Sinden. he ran the team. However he did have one of the greatest d-men ever, player who brought the term power forward to hockey, etc..they did drop the ball on the lockout, but only because they never expected the players to accept a 24% rollback. I don't hink anyone ever expected that.oh well, we lost rolston.knuble and guerin..i'm over it.they guessed right on Jason Allison too. they got a cap, which helps keep irresponsible owners from destrying the league,which they will, can't blame them there. Bruins are also one of the healthier franchises in all of aports. All because jacobs/sinden made sure of it.

if spending money on field/ice product is how you judge owners then you'll love Dan Snyder, Peter Angelos etc..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune : please do NOT start crediting him with "efficient operation over the years". that's way too far. no reason to spend time bashing him anymore but let's not sugar coat the S#@#% leadership he showed for over a decade. even more than that. he is simply a businessman and has little to no impact on the product on the ice. compared to Kraft, Jacobs is an absentee owner, and for many years was a slumlord.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]
    Yeah sure it would've been better to have owners like in Atlanta and even Toronto where I guess it doesn't matter if you make the playoffs (or even stick around). The sense of entitlement amongst Boston fans is absurd. You're living in a dream world if you expect a buisinessman to not try to make as much cash as possible. An efficient on-ice product is one that can compete every year. How often do the Bruins miss the playoffs, let alone finish in the bottom 10? Thanks but I'll accept a team that has a legitimate shot at winning most years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune : PLease. You can have your cake and eat it too. Bob Kraft has. He built a much more expensive building and doesn't have the ability to make th emoney back like Jacobs did because it's an outdoor venue.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Kraft owns all of the parking lots around the stadium.  It's $50 minimun to park.  Have you tried getting a concession stand item at a Pats game?  The NHL and NFL earn their money in different fashion.  Because the amount of games is so limited, the teams don't rely nearly as much on ticket sales as they do on TV revenue.  Ticket prices are still incredibly high in Foxboro. 

Kraft is a businessman.  Jacobs is a businessman. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Here we go again with some Billionaires are nice guys and some are not. What is consistent is Grousbeck, Henry and yes Mr. Nice Guy Kraft all stepped on and over hard working people to get where they wanted to go. Some have better PR departments to deflect the bad stories, Jacobs just doen't care how he is perceived.

Henry lives in Boca, Grousbeck lives in Greenwich, Jeremy lives in Buffalo and Bob lives behind high well guarded gates in Brookline, perception is the same to the non-delusional they are all equally greedy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2576495 2006

http://seatgeek.com/blog/nfl/average-ticket-prices-nfl 2011

Oh Yah St. Bob is really a nice guy to his blue collar brethren with consistent highest ticket prices in the NFL...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune : Yeah sure it would've been better to have owners like in Atlanta and even Toronto where I guess it doesn't matter if you make the playoffs (or even stick around). The sense of entitlement amongst Boston fans is absurd. You're living in a dream world if you expect a buisinessman to not try to make as much cash as possible. An efficient on-ice product is one that can compete every year. How often do the Bruins miss the playoffs, let alone finish in the bottom 10? Thanks but I'll accept a team that has a legitimate shot at winning most years.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I like and agree with most of your postings so I think I'm just gonna bail on this thread. Nothing productive can ever come from a thread including JJ's name on it and I shant make the same mistake again!! meh. probably will.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

"Jacobs is a thief. Not debatable. We're not going to forget what he did here for 30 years. The proof of this is how he came out of the lockout with his pants down. That proves he didn't care. It was more about how to manage his margins better to make more money. He's a disgusting human and a liar."

A thief? A disgusting human being?
    Are you just one to use hyperbole or are you really that out of touch?
    Ok, so he wouldn't spend the extra money to get a player that may or may not have pushed the Bruins over the top in the 80's-90's playoffs. I was a new Bruin fan back then, disappointed sure, but never apoplectic. Yet I can still recall, the Bruins were still consistentlythere in the playoffs. He made/is making quite a bit of money on his investment in the new building. He's a businessman who wants to be profitable and post-salary cap has done an awful lot to give his GM the tools to get a Cup.
    Im still missing it bro, how is he a thief and a horrible human being again?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I remain true to my statement, JJ is a capitalist.  If you compare prices on tickets look at supply and demand like cities, New York and Toronto.  Meh, what a lame argument if you compare to Pittsburg, public funds (taxes) to the venue.  JJ is what he is, period.  Boston fans he could be Henry not Kraft like.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune : Yup. Have your cake and eat it, too. Jacobs took the cake and ate it for himself for 30 years. Kraft bought a cake and shared it with fans. Kraft is the antithesis of Jacobs. PLease don't treat knowledgeable fans as fools, overpriced $50 lots or not.

If the teams from '87 to '93 had won a couple, everyone's tune would be different.  I know, I know.  If if if if if...

Let's see how Kraft's fanfare remains if the Pats don't win for another 15 years.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]You know as well as I do those teams weren't quite built right.  '89/'90 was the best, maybe '90/'91 at best, but it was all down hill from there.  A slow downhill, but the writing was on the wall with how Jacobs went into the '95 strike.

They weren't built right?  Is that the owner's fault?  They were the best in the Wales twice and second best twice and ran into incredible teams.  They shoulda, they coulda, they didn't. 

You know what team is amazing right now?  Pittsburgh.  They have been stacked for years.  They won one recently, but failed all the rest.  Those failures must be a direct result of the owner being a selfish db.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jeremy Jacobs - front page Sunday Eagle Tribune : They weren't built right?  Is that the owner's fault?  They were the best in the Wales twice and second best twice and ran into incredible teams.  They shoulda, they coulda, they didn't.  You know what team is amazing right now?  Pittsburgh.  They have been stacked for years.  They won one recently, but failed all the rest.  Those failures must be a direct result of the owner being a selfish db.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Well said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's sad but true that, for many years in the Sinden era, the Bruins were the second best team, and the gap they'd have had to cross was never one or two players.  In three of the six years between '87-'92, they lost to teams led by two of the five greatest players in the history of the game, and a fourth year they lost to a team led by a guy who won six Cups and finished his career second all-time in scoring.  Pretty hard to say they were just a contract or two away from closing the gap on those Oiler and Penguin teams, even if they finished ahead of them in the regular season standings.

Early '70s they were done in by all sorts of things - Bobby's knees first and foremost, and some incredible goaltending performances.  Late 70s, though, you couldn't replace guys on that Bruins team with a star addition or two and make it enough better that it would have out-talented the Shabs.  They played the crap out of the Shabs in the late-70s - I really think they were the only team that could have stopped that run - but they just couldn't finish them.  And those were some historically good Shab teams, as much as I hated them.

In between those two eras when the Bruins were second best, I don't know what they could have done to outshine the Islanders and Oilers.  Even the 'Lames would have been very hard to beat in the mid to late 80s.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

What a hatchet job! Has this guy ever gone to a Patriots or Red Sox game? Do they charge $2 for a beer at Fenway or something? I doubt it. I've been going to B's games for twenty years and I am still able to get tix for less than $50 all the time. Does this guy think tix are cheap in NY or Chicago or Philly or even Carolina? Don't think so....this clown sounds like one of those "I only go to college hockey games because in 1972 Harry Sinden kicked my dog...blah blah blah.." or "Tix only cost $5 when I was a kid in 1962.....whaaaaa" Yeah and houses only cost $10,000 back then........what is this guy's point????