Jerk's in Chicago too

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Jerk's in Chicago too

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Re: Jerk's in Chicago too

When did we get so pussyish in Boston that we cant take what a t-shirt says without losing our minds? Who cares already. Move on.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

When did we get so pussyish in Boston that we cant take what a t-shirt says without losing our minds? Who cares already. Move on.

Yea I have to kind of agree here. Show your strength by not allowing it to bother you. Show class & stay respectful like Boston usually does. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Bruins fans can bring "Boston Strong" signs to games, Chicago fans can get on board.  It's actually the B's fans that started this. 

Cheering for a hockey team using a slogan that signifies unity after tragedy is pretty bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

This is Jeff Bauman, he is from my hometown.  His life will never be the same following the events of the bombing.  Nothing pussyish in defending this from a Boston perspective.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just words on a t-shirt, nothing more.  Go to a Red Sox game and you still see the same "Jeter Swallows" t-shirts. I guarantee you every moron who wears one of those, if they saw Jeter walking down the street they would be asking him for an autograph and taking pics of him.

If I remember correctly Wil Middlebrooks is actually the first who used the phrase when he tweeted it right after the tragedy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

And that ends the thread.

As stated above. Despicable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think it is a pretty callous move by the makers of the shirt, and their excuse is pretty pathetic.

On the other hand I think that "Boston Strong" really does relate to the bombing, victims, first responders, and law enforcement.  I do cringe when people are cheering for the Bruins or Red Sox during a game all decked out in Boston Strong stuff.  I think there has been some mis-use of this in Boston too.  Once we make "Boston Strong" about sports, you can't blame others for taking it a lot less seriously.

Still some Chicago t-shirt maker trying to make a buck on this is in very poor taste and I am glad that they are getting the backlash they deserve.

Crowls, you don't have to be from anyone's hometown to appreciate Jeff Bauman and the severity of his situation.  I'm with you on that one.  Been thinking about him since it happened and have donated to his charity.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I think it is a pretty callous move by the makers of the shirt, and their excuse is pretty pathetic.

On the other hand I think that "Boston Strong" really does relate to the bombing, victims, first responders, and law enforcement.  I do cringe when people are cheering for the Bruins or Red Sox during a game all decked out in Boston Strong stuff.  I think there has been some mis-use of this in Boston too.  Once we make "Boston Strong" about sports, you can't blame others for taking it a lot less seriously.

Still some Chicago t-shirt maker trying to make a buck on this is in very poor taste and I am glad that they are getting the backlash they deserve.

Crowls, you don't have to be from anyone's hometown to appreciate Jeff Bauman and the severity of his situation.  I'm with you on that one.  Been thinking about him since it happened and have donated to his charity.  

fletch- appreciate the comments and the generosity from your end.  That's really what Boston Strong is all about.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

fletch- appreciate the comments and the generosity from your end.  That's really what Boston Strong is all about.

Exactly, it has everything to do with that kid and his loss. It has nothing to do with Hockey. We should be adult enough to know that and not get upset when the morons who turned it into a sports anthem got it turned around in their faces. Just my (original) opinion. Like I said, its just a t-shirt. That kids loss, and everyone elses, is what everyone should be concerned about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

T-shirt is just poor taste . 

Then there's this.  I find this disgusting.

http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/2013/06/13/chicago-tribune-stoops-to-new-low-by-removing-bruins-from-boston-marathon-tribute-photo/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

As parent if my child would write or say something like this there would be severe punishment handed out .  Of course I think this was tweeted by a lower teen. I can't pull up the actualu tweet becaus seems

“Blow You Out Just Like The Tsarnaevs Did” & Mocks 9/11

@DeannaMarieRVA were not those trash teams. Hawks are going to smoke Boston like the tsarnaevs did. #ChicagoStronger #goHawks

— Zotan (@fuckxan) June 14, 2013

@sirenizzed stop being so butthurt. We’re going to blow you out just like the tsarnaevs did. #goHawks

— Zotan (@fuckxan) June 14, 2013

@Sobby_Bpitz @BigBadBruins88 lmao @snowcones69 pic.twitter.com/HsDojkCPya

— Zotan (@fuckxan) June 15, 2013

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

This is Jeff Bauman, he is from my hometown.  His life will never be the same following the events of the bombing.  Nothing pussyish in defending this from a Boston perspective.

That's all the more reason to shrug it off Crowls. Show your strength as a proud American & Bostonian. The people of Chicago who were apart of this & those that condone it are the weak ones. They obvisiously don't have a clue what Strength & Unity is! Be proud that you do my friend.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Pretty shocking that in a city whose metro area has a population of 10 million people that not all of them are classy, nuanced individuals. People should certainly be apoplectic about this, and furthermore they should use these isolated tweets, comments, and incidents to judge the entire Blackhawks fanbase.

Rabble! Rabble rabble rabble!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

Pretty shocking that in a city whose metro area has a population of 10 million people that not all of them are classy, nuanced individuals. People should certainly be apoplectic about this, and furthermore they should use these isolated tweets, comments, and incidents to judge the entire Blackhawks fanbase.

Rabble! Rabble rabble rabble!

Who's doing that Kennedy?  Have you read any of the posts above, or just looking to take a dig on us?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Who's doing that Kennedy?  Have you read any of the posts above, or just looking to take a dig on us?

With the B's looking for their second Cup while the Habs golf on the 20th anniversary of their last one, Mr. Objective Habs Fan has sort of become a dick lately.