Jets Should Follow Bruin Model:Winnipeg Sun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Jets Should Follow Bruin Model:Winnipeg Sun

This article was in the Winnipeg Sun before yesterday's game.  There's a comparison of how the Blackhawks and Pens were assembled as opposed to the Bruins. It's complimentary of the Bruins style stating the team is "known for consistently playing the right way." 

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/01/03/jet-should-follow-boston-model-if-they-hope-to-build-a-winning-team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Jets Should Follow Bruin Model:Winnipeg Sun

"Peter Chiarelli has done an unbelievable job with that team," Jets winger Blake Wheeler, a former Bruin, said of the Boston GM. "He had a vision for what he wanted that team to look like. He's found some diamonds in the rough. Those guys are some of the best at what they do in the game.

"And if somebody doesn't fit the mould, they move them on and find guys that are a better fit."

Yes Wheeler, that's you !Stanley read and weep .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

To follow the Bruins model you need Bruins type players... The Thrashers err Jets are desperately  lacking there in many areas.....how long until Noel gets the boot there? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Peter Chiarelli has done an unbelievable job with that team," Jets winger Blake Wheeler, a former Bruin, said of the Boston GM. "He had a vision for what he wanted that team to look like. He's found some diamonds in the rough. Those guys are some of the best at what they do in the game.

"And if somebody doesn't fit the mould, they move them on and find guys that are a better fit."

Yes Wheeler, that's you !Stanley read and weep .

[/QUOTE]

A self-reference if ever there was one, BsL.  Belated New Year's greetings to you and yours.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Jets blew the lead twice in Pittsburgh today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To follow the Bruins model you need Bruins type players... The Thrashers err Jets are desperately  lacking there in many areas.....how long until Noel gets the boot there? 

[/QUOTE]

The article said the Jets' strategy is to wait for draft picks like the Pens and Hawks. That would put GM Cheveldayoff as the one driving that idea, cowboys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE]Jets blew the lead twice in Pittsburgh today.[/QUOTE]

Jets goaltending is terrible. Kelly, Johnson or Svedberg would be good ads there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The article said the Jets' strategy is to wait for draft picks like the Pens and Hawks. That would put GM Cheveldayoff as the one driving that idea, cowboys.

[/QUOTE]

No one will ever luck out like these two franchises ever did by getting #1 picks that turned into superstars of the league like Towes, Kane, Sid, and Malkin....Cheveldayoff has drafted Trouba and Scheiflle(sp) and their still wait and see....we shall see how patient he is with that strategy...or until the fan base revolts..... Poor Noel is dead man walking... His contract is out at end of year and your not hearing extension anytime soon....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No one will ever luck out like these two franchises ever did by getting #1 picks that turned into superstars of the league like Towes, Kane, Sid, and Malkin....Cheveldayoff has drafted Trouba and Scheiflle(sp) and their still wait and see....we shall see how patient he is with that strategy...or until the fan base revolts..... Poor Noel is dead man walking... His contract is out at end of year and your not hearing extension anytime soon....

[/QUOTE]

cowboys, Noel's gone because he should have produced better results with the present talent?  Meaning someone else comes in and gets more out of the roster than he could?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

cowboys, Noel's gone because he should have produced better results with the present talent?  Meaning someone else comes in and gets more out of the roster than he could?

[/QUOTE]

Honestly RHO the present talent isn't very good...they have some nice pieces to work with, just not very many of them... I honestly don't think anyone else could do better with this current lineup..From the goalies out to the D being the shortcomings in what I have seen in their games this year....I mean today you have two goal leads twice and you lose a game giving up a 6 Pack....brutal...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[/QUOTE]

Honestly RHO the present talent isn't very good...they have some nice pieces to work with, just not very many of them... I honestly don't think anyone else could do better with this current lineup..From the goalies out to the D being the shortcomings in what I have seen in their games this year....I mean today you have two goal leads twice and you lose a game giving up a 6 Pack....brutal...

[/QUOTE]

If you were GM would you maintain Cheveldayoff's plan of building through the draft?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Myself and my borther have a nickname for the Jets - Boston-lite. They try to play the same style, they're trying to build the same culture. Unfortunately they haven't been able to acquire the pieces to pull it off. I disagree with Friesen that Chevy is all about the draft. I think True North would like to use the same team building style that Chiarelli has, but he has not been sucessful at convincing free agents that Winnipeg is the right place to ply their trade and win a Cup. He has also been weak in terms of trading. I think Chipman wants to pursue the Bruins model, but he doesn't have the GM to pull it off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Well im not sure this happens bc there is only one chara in the world.  The Bruins model was similar to what the Ducks did.  Pronger Chara two awesome talents.   Big Buff is not in the same planet as these two.  

I think the jets will have to build through the draft or by trading pieces for young talent bc i just dont see people lining up to play for the jets.   That being said i really like a lot of their players.  And that fan base deserves a winning playoff style club.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I think Chipman wants to pursue the Bruins model, but he doesn't have the GM to pull it off."

And they have young pieces to bring in good vets into the Jets fold via trade. Chris Kelly or a veteran player like him with a strong goalie could have Winnipeg near a playoff spot. The team can play and score but need some defensive stability.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Noel.  I do think you could do better with the pieces he has.  Kane's a good player with some maturity issues.  The right coaching could make him the kind of power scoring winger every team covets.  It's not happening.  I don't know if part of that is that Noel using ice time, opportunity etc. to try to movitivate him to work on his game or not.  Whatever he's trying doesn't seem to be working.  Ditto Bogosian.  He has all the tools, but for whatever reason, he seems underwhelming whenever I've seen him, and part of it could be that there seem to be different rules for Buffetline in terms of freedom to freelance.  Ladd's grown into a very good offensive player.  Wheeler's inconsistent, but has shown flashes, and Little has been a capable compliment.  On defense, outside of Cedfano, I think you could go player by player and suggest that the Jets have just as much raw talent as the Bruins, but they get a lot less out of it from a defensive standpoint.  That's coaching, isn't it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I think Chipman wants to pursue the Bruins model, but he doesn't have the GM to pull it off."

And they have young pieces to bring in good vets into the Jets fold via trade. Chris Kelly or a veteran player like him with a strong goalie could have Winnipeg near a playoff spot. The team can play and score but need some defensive stability.

[/QUOTE]

I think the jets are very close.  Its funny the names kane and buff keep coming up via rumor.  I love kane and know about his issues.  The haul that buff and kane could bring back would be massive.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

If your coach and your GM doesnt have the same mindset then thats the problem for the Jets. You can instill a system all you want but its no good if the payers dont buy in to it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:[QUOTE]Jets blew the lead twice in Pittsburgh today.[/QUOTE]

Jets goaltending is terrible. Kelly, Johnson or Svedberg would be good ads there.

[/QUOTE]

Is that Sweet Hands or ReachAround?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Watch highlights of the Jets last two games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Myself and my borther have a nickname for the Jets - Boston-lite. They try to play the same style, they're trying to build the same culture. Unfortunately they haven't been able to acquire the pieces to pull it off. I disagree with Friesen that Chevy is all about the draft. I think True North would like to use the same team building style that Chiarelli has, but he has not been sucessful at convincing free agents that Winnipeg is the right place to ply their trade and win a Cup. He has also been weak in terms of trading. I think Chipman wants to pursue the Bruins model, but he doesn't have the GM to pull it off.

[/QUOTE]

Meaning Cheveldayoff lacks the acumen to do it? If so how long do you think ownership will be willing to be patient with him?  Brian Burke, a proven GM had 4 years with Toronto.  Isn't Cheveldayoff in his third season as GM?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't he just extend him this past year Red? Did Chevy sell Chipman a bill of goods....I agree with you his trades have been weak and he has spent a ton of money on players that he is not getting bang for the buck.... Jokinen and Setoguchi havent exactly been great additions....