Jim Hughson Sucks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: Jim Hughson Sucks

I remember Danny Gallivan and Dick Irvan.  I used to get so disgusted with their "tire-pumping" and bias.

It made hating the Canadiens that much better.  Geez I miss em.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Kessler's comment about marchand: Classless-you win with class you lose with class." - 'Chef09'

Lessons on style and grace from Ryan Kesler?!

THAT is rich.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A Canadian broadcaster is announcing a Canadian team on Canadian television.  Seems like a recipe for bias broadcasting to me.  And that's how it should be.  Jack Edwards hammers the opponents while either praising or looking the other way on Boston plays.

[/QUOTE]

Except when the opposing team scores.........he sounds like one of their fans. Guess he just can't turn off his enthusiasm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kennedy97's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I don't understand the whining. The other team's broadcaster (and CBC is going to favor the Canadian team) isn't going to sound like Jack Edwards, who is as much of a homer as Hughson is. Just accept it and move on....or just don't get butthurt about something an announcer says in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

The self-righteousness appears to be in mid-season form Kennedy.  What should be obvious is that I'm not calling for change or demanding that Hughson be fired -- I am commenting that I find him annoying and he's a lousy announcer.  I didn't ask for Edwards either.  Just making an observation, that isn't half as whiny and butthurt as your response.  

Does the Vancouver victim mentality strike a chord with you fans in Montreal...? ;)

[/QUOTE]

No Doubt, they wrote the book on whining.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

It's not just the bias as much as saying stupid things all game long.  We know he's gonna root for the Canucks and be a cheer leader, that's a given.  I'm okay with that too.  But there are just so many descriptions of different situations that make you wonder if you're even watching the same game, and it all falls into the tired and worn Vancouver brand of victim mentality.  "Iginla attacks Humhuis, and the linesmen is holding him!" (which appeared to be the other way around).

I thought what Marchand was doing was dumb too (time to stop celebrating 2011 while losing a game badly).  But you should hear Hughson carry on about it tirelessly, and ignore that perhaps some Vancouver players are also running their mouths and mixing it up after the whistle.  Then comes the warning -- 'Marchand better keep his head up'.  Ooooohhhhhh.  Watch out Brad.  Who's he kidding?  It was a silly little sideshow, but Hughson talked about it the whole 3rd period.

Living where I am, I get lots of visting announcers on the broadcast.  Hughson is the worst.

[/QUOTE]

Thats the way i see it too Fletch, i know they are going to favor the canadian team in any broadcast involving them but there view of every situation involving both teams is so over the top homerism it gets very hard to take. Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley are a Bruins announcer team so i can understand their bias as well as the Nuck local guys but Hughson and his cronies are a national broadcast team and i guess i'm naive to think they might be a touch more even keeled. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

For the record, Hughson's bias toward the Canucks is also very evident in nationally broadcast games when the Canucks play against other Canadian teams.  It's not as bad as when they play an American team, but it's still pretty bad.  All credit goes to Canucks players, and when the players on the opposing team are even mentioned it is almost always in a negative light.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

the guy (Hughson) uses 'Smeagol' as a verb - and almost as often as Edwards uses 'sizzles'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I can't blame Hughson for ragging on Marchand. Marchand deserved to have his teeth knocked out! I really hope the B's as an organization sets the little punk down & tells him that the Bruins have more class then that. It's no secret who Hughson roots for, but I don't think last night was that big a deal. I thought he & Simpson both said some great things about the Bruins as well. Saying that Iginla belongs more on the Bruins then the Pens. And how nice it finally was for him to have a center to play with in DK. They said some great things about Rask, Chara, Lucic, Seids, Bergeron, Smith & Chad Johnson. So, overall I have no complaints about his job last night. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Ok then, what about his partner, Craig 'The Chuckler' Simpson?...says everything with this faux-wry, super-annoying little chuckle (not unlke Gord Kluzak used to do) as if what he's saying is so apparent. so near-beneath him as to be absolutely amusing - to him.

Gimme Brick and his half-board, quadrangle, defensive weak-side support locking blah-bitty- blah every day over Chuckles Simpson

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't blame Hughson for ragging on Marchand. Marchand deserved to have his teeth knocked out! I really hope the B's as an organization sets the little punk down & tells him that the Bruins have more class then that. It's no secret who Hughson roots for, but I don't think last night was that big a deal. I thought he & Simpson both said some great things about the Bruins as well. Saying that Iginla belongs more on the Bruins then the Pens. And how nice it finally was for him to have a center to play with in DK. They said some great things about Rask, Chara, Lucic, Seids, Bergeron, Smith & Chad Johnson. So, overall I have no complaints about his job last night. 

[/QUOTE]

Beat me to the punch here nob -- Marchand needs a major talking to and --100% Hughson & Simpson were more than complimentary of a team that was getting run out of the building. They may have been beaming inside but didn't say anything that wasn't true. Had some very accurate assessments of Bruin personnel.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Your memories are short. If you weren't there (Spring 2011) Imagine 7 games in a row with these guys and then add Glenn Healy between the benches. Their barely-concealed bias posing as professional equanimity and delivered so condescendingly as to be insulting is what wrankles. I'd prefer it if they just broke out the pom-poms and had at it.

The only reason they offered up some charitable opinions last night is because the score wasn't close.

Why else, not a mere mention by them, of Ryan Kesler's obvious, flagrant bit of Goalie interference on the back-breaking 3rd Vancouver goal? The panel back in Toronto all saw it and commented on it. Objective eyes see these things.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I don't understand the whining. The other team's broadcaster (and CBC is going to favor the Canadian team) isn't going to sound like Jack Edwards, who is as much of a homer as Hughson is. Just accept it and move on....or just don't get butthurt about something an announcer says in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

The self-righteousness appears to be in mid-season form Kennedy.  What should be obvious is that I'm not calling for change or demanding that Hughson be fired -- I am commenting that I find him annoying and he's a lousy announcer.  I didn't ask for Edwards either.  Just making an observation, that isn't half as whiny and butthurt as your response.  

Does the Vancouver victim mentality strike a chord with you fans in Montreal...? ;)

[/QUOTE]

Sure does.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Your memories are short. If you weren't there (Spring 2011) Imagine 7 games in a row with these guys and then add Glenn Healy between the benches. Their barely-concealed bias posing as professional equanimity and delivered so condescendingly as to be insulting is what wrankles. I'd prefer it if they just broke out the pom-poms and had at it.

The only reason they offered up some charitable opinions last night is because the score wasn't close.

Why else, not a mere mention by them, of Ryan Kesler's obvious, flagrant bit of Goalie interference on the back-breaking 3rd Vancouver goal? The panel back in Toronto all saw it and commented on it. Objective eyes see these things.

No kidding, this is the only reason they were half charitable last night. Simpson even remarked when the first Nuck fluke goal went in, "they sure could have used that in game 7 of the Cup finals and maybe the results would have been different". Well you know what, they didn't get the first goal 2 years ago and you can't change the result, suck it up losers, you can't replay the Cup final and thats a fact Jack or should i say Craig or Jim or heals or whomever wants too cry in their cereal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

You can rest assured if the score was the other way around it would have been the out of control excuse train and what the Nucks did wrong and nothing about what the B's did right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No kidding, this is the only reason they were half charitable last night. Simpson even remarked when the first Nuck fluke goal went in, "they sure could have used that in game 7 of the Cup finals and maybe the results would have been different". Well you know what, they didn't get the first goal 2 years ago and you can't change the result, suck it up losers, you can't replay the Cup final and thats a fact Jack or should i say Craig or Jim or heals or whomever wants too cry in their cereal.

[/QUOTE]

Simply not true at all. After Smith tied it up they went on big time rant about him possibly being the best player the B's received in the Seguin deal. Sounds like a lot of people on this forum has used nothing but tears in their cereal. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Simply not true at all. After Smith tied it up they went on big time rant about him possibly being the best player the B's received in the Seguin deal. Sounds like a lot of people on this forum has used nothing but tears in their cereal. 

[/QUOTE]

For my oatmeal Nite! Just put in the microwave and presto, breakfast is served! I guess the Nucks and their fans just pizz me off! I'll get over it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chef09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Marchand ring kissing was not playing well . I'm going to take a ribbing at work on Monday.

Kessler's comment about marchand: Classless-you win with class you lose with class.

[/QUOTE]

Kesler acted like an idiot towards the end of that series. I remember some dirty plays against Bergeron in particular when game 7 was no longer in doubt. Kesler acted like a spoiled kid. He didn't lose with class at all and I wonder what would make him think that he did.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Marchand ring kissing was not playing well . I'm going to take a ribbing at work on Monday.

Kessler's comment about marchand: Classless-you win with class you lose with class.

[/QUOTE]

Kesler acted like an idiot towards the end of that series. I remember some dirty plays against Bergeron in particular when game 7 was no longer in doubt. Kesler acted like a spoiled kid. He didn't lose with class at all and I wonder what would make him think that he did.

[/QUOTE]

What about Kesler winning with class though dez?  Oh wait...too hypothetical...?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Again, I thought Marchand's antics were dumb, but not for the same reasons as Hughson.  Hughson can carry on about class and sportsmanship all he wants, although that would be a sharp departure from 2011 when he apologized for everything, including a grown man biting another grown man.  Lots of unsavory things are said during hockey games.  Kissing a ring isn't the worst I've seen.  BFD.

I thought Marchand was dumb, because his antics further advance the feeling that he doesn't have his head in this season.  Instead of worrying about the present, he's still getting off on the team's Stanley Cup two years ago -- a time when his play was much, much better than it has been this year.  

They were losing by four goals and he's having a terrible season.  His antics seem to suggest that none of that matters because he got a ring two years ago.  That's BS Brad.  Get your head in 2013.  Your team needs you.  We already had your 2011 victory parade.

I thought the Canucks just kind of laughed it off, for the most part.  I would have.  I was surprised that Hughson (and then Kesler) made such a big deal about it.  Hughson spent half of the 3rd period carrying on about it.  I guess you react to the things you're insecure about.  

I recall a worse mouth-to-finger episode there two years ago that didn't seem to bother Hughson much...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What about Kesler winning with class though dez?  Oh wait...too hypothetical...?

[/QUOTE]

Fletch, I've heard that time heals all wounds but to me it looks like it's given Kesler full blown amnesia. I'm talking some Memento quality stuff here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]

the guy (Hughson) uses 'Smeagol' as a verb - and almost as often as Edwards uses 'sizzles'

[/QUOTE]

What?  How?  When a guy selfishly holds the puck too long?  When he knocks out his own teammate?  When he bites someone's finger?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Lots of unsavory things are said during hockey games. Kissing a ring isn't the worst I've seen... I thought Marchand was dumb, because his antics further advance the feeling that he doesn't have his head in this season.  Instead of worrying about the present, he's still getting off on the team's Stanley Cup two years ago -- a time when his play was much, much better than it has been this year." - 'Fletcher1'

Very well put.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

A Canadian broadcaster is announcing a Canadian team on Canadian television.  Seems like a recipe for bias broadcasting to me.  And that's how it should be.  Jack Edwards hammers the opponents while either praising or looking the other way on Boston plays.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I don't understand the whining. The other team's broadcaster (and CBC is going to favor the Canadian team--don't use the "national broadcast" BS when Boston isn't part of the nation in the first place) isn't going to sound like Jack Edwards, who is as much of a homer as Hughson is. Just accept it and move on....or just don't get butthurt about something an announcer says in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

Yes Edwards is a fanboy but at least he has Brick there to bring him back to some reality and Edwards often retracts. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the Marchand ring kiss was weak. but Kesler shouldn't talk about losing with class.

There is no crying in hockey

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For my oatmeal Nite! Just put in the microwave and presto, breakfast is served! I guess the Nucks and their fans just pizz me off! I'll get over it.

[/QUOTE]

Oh we're certainly on the same page there 50! lol