Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt

Hey the Sedins have a new nickname, Loonie & Toonie, perfect.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt:
    [QUOTE]Classless move by Thornton -- since when did he earn the right to stick a finger in someone's face?  I didn't see him in the finals last year when the bodies were flying. He better not try that with Marchand.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Joe feels he can do because like I said he knows theyre wont be any consequences. Just like Marchand with the chops and the face washes last year. I dont think Joe Thornton is scared of Brad Marchand. I'm guessing he'd stuff Marchand in his back pocket and hope not to sit on him when returning to the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sndeane. Show sndeane's posts

I've heard that Vancouver has a pretty lousy reputation around the league among players and coaches dating back to at least last season.  Seems to be true, no?  I wonder if more teams will start taking physical liberties with the Canucks now, like a few players have against Buffalo.

An amusing side note to the Thornton incident, Vancouver fans are in an uproar.  How dare someone touch a Sedin?!  They're calling for a multiple game suspension for Jumbo Joe, declaring "once a Bruin, always a Bruin", discussed who the Canucks will beat in the finals this season, and then wondered why they're despised around the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]I've heard that Vancouver has a pretty lousy reputation around the league among players and coaches dating back to at least last season.  Seems to be true, no?  I wonder if more teams will start taking physical liberties with the Canucks now, like a few players have against Buffalo. An amusing side note to the Thornton incident, Vancouver fans are in an uproar.  How dare someone touch a Sedin?!  They're calling for a multiple game suspension for Jumbo Joe, declaring "once a Bruin, always a Bruin", discussed who the Canucks will beat in the finals this season, and then wondered why they're despised around the league.
    Posted by sndeane[/QUOTE]

"You've heard"?  From who?  All your "unimpeachable sources"?  Perhaps it was the Recchi interview? 

Whatever... if people around the league hate the Canucks because they've managed to assemble one of the consistently best teams in the league for the past several years, then so be it.  Does it bother me? Nope.  Just like I'm sure you B's fans aren't bothered by the Bruins' reputation as thugs.  You guys revel in it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You do know the Canucks took more penalty minutes in the playoffs last year than the Bruns right?
    More misconducts, more minutes, more minutes per game.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt : "You've heard"?  From who?  All your "unimpeachable sources"?  Perhaps it was the Recchi interview?  Whatever... if people around the league hate the Canucks because they've managed to assemble one of the consistently best teams in the league for the past several years, then so be it.  Does it bother me? Nope.  Just like I'm sure you B's fans aren't bothered by the Bruins' reputation as thugs.  You guys revel in it. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sndeane. Show sndeane's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Joe Thornton offers Henrik Sedin the finger during taunt : "You've heard"?  From who?  All your "unimpeachable sources"?  Perhaps it was the Recchi interview?  Whatever... if people around the league hate the Canucks because they've managed to assemble one of the consistently best teams in the league for the past several years, then so be it.  Does it bother me? Nope.  Just like I'm sure you B's fans aren't bothered by the Bruins' reputation as thugs.  You guys revel in it. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

To clarify, I've heard it being said on talk radio, on sports forums, and during the finals last year by some interviews.  Not a reputable source, not directly from a player or coach.  Sorry for the confusion, I'm not saying it's a definitive thing, just wondering if it's really something around the league.

As for the Bruins being thugs... I'd rather have a team of physical, gritty players who stand up for one another than a team of individuals who disappear when things get rough on the ice. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]...Guy with the 'boombox' is 49 North...
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Priceless!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

"Pretty sure Joe feels he can do because like I said he knows theyre wont be any consequences. Just like Marchand with the chops and the face washes last year. I dont think Joe Thornton is scared of Brad Marchand. I'm guessing he'd stuff Marchand in his back pocket and hope not to sit on him when returning to the bench."

Not true at all.  Marchand would eat him alive.  Thornton is a wus.  And you're right about the fact that he knows he can get away with it because Sedin won't hit back.

Him doing that to Sedin is almost like saying "Hey my big brother beat you guys up last year, so I'll show you what a tough guy I am now."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Here you go Legion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6tBr6PMkBY Guy with the 'boombox' is 49 North...
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Thanks and couldn't have come at a better time,  years end !  ROFL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Classless move by Thornton -- since when did he earn the right to stick a finger in someone's face? Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of a facewash? Common practice in any game pal.